GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7 (ft. MW 2)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don’t really expect sympathy but I really don’t think Klopp whines disproportionally to any other manager. He’s just been painted that way (like Liverpool are painted as LiVARpool) so he’s already lost in the court of public opinion. This could have happened to any club. Just happened to happen to LFC
I do agree that every manager whines and I am actually a big Klopp fan, I just hate that he's currently with you lot lol. I love Arteta and I would say he's one of the more whiner blokes in the league as well, but you gotta pick your spots. Arteta very rarely whines after matches, all his problems happen in the middle of the game when tempers and emotions are on the high (where he should finish with a high yellow card percentage). Klopp is the opposite, he's very calm during matches but absolutely and utterly ridiculous during the post game and that's why he's the boy who cries wolf for me. He went on a berserk rant about freakin' amount of subs that one time, which tells you everything he is when he gets a platform to speak.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I do agree that every manager whines and I am actually a big Klopp fan, I just hate that he's currently with you lot lol. I love Arteta and I would say he's one of the more whiner blokes in the league as well, but you gotta pick your spots. Arteta very rarely whines after matches, all his problems happen in the middle of the game when tempers and emotions are on the high (where he should finish with a high yellow card percentage). Klopp is the opposite, he's very calm during matches but absolutely and utterly ridiculous during the post game and that's why he's the boy who cries wolf for me. He went on a berserk rant about freakin' amount of subs that one time, which tells you everything he is when he gets a platform to speak.
Went berserk on subs but was proven to be right about that wasn’t he?

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I’m glad some one else said this. If I would have said it I would have been accused of conspiracy. I mean even if the ref was jet lagged which is why he was too tired to understand what was going on during the game because he worked a game Thursday night, flew Friday and had a PL game on Saturday that’s enough reason; but again PL refs going to UAE is sanctioned and arguably encouraged by Howard Webb. I mean I’ve fallen asleep in my chair after shorter flights than UAE to London

Desperation for relevance
Showing you're still rattled... Did you get any sun today?

Mistakes happen. People can accept mistakes. What happened yesterday was unprecedented incompetence. Makes it harder to digest

I don’t really expect sympathy but I really don’t think Klopp whines disproportionally to any other manager. He’s just been painted that way (like Liverpool are painted as LiVARpool) so he’s already lost in the court of public opinion. This could have happened to any club. Just happened to happen to LFC
He does. He matches the fan base.

To be fair, if a ref was getting paid to ref a corporate match, people would probably be iffy on it too. That said, I think “ref getting paid to ref” is a pretty silly argument.

Liverpool fans don’t actually believe all of this. They’re upset because a mistake happened against them and they’re lashing out. It happens.
Fair. Maybe they're most numerous (loudest) here

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Showing you're still rattled... Did you get any sun today?

He does. He matches the fan base.

Fair. Maybe they're most numerous (loudest) here
I mean I don’t think me being rattled about lousy officiating matters too much in the scheme of things. Yeah I’m mad but will see what happens next. Things could be worse. Every fan base is whiny. Some just have legitimate things to be upset about sometimes. Loudest because a lot has seemed to go the wrong way. If anything I have no idea why yall are so triggered about it

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You brought up states buddy. While all the major ref scandals have needed 0 state.
Never brought states. And yes UAE and City owners are 100% clean business, nothing fishy about them and no states were involved in FIFA corruption.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I would need evidence that it was at an absurdly out of market rate to feel like it’s anything more than ref gets paid to ref.
I don’t think these refs are being bribed, but the PGMOL should never put itself in the place where its referees are being paid by owners of teams, regardless of if it’s at market rate or not.

Reactions: maclean

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'd honeslty think Savant was shtick if he wasn't still going. He can't be far off 50 posts (if not exceeded?) whining about the referees on a single game. It's incredible. Go outside dude.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
This is a footballing issue, shame it has turned into a Liverpool thing on here.

You're suppose to trust VAR but now you have a clear case of a team of them not watching the game, and also being too afraid to say something and let the game continue when there's been a CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR suffered by a team.

Heads gotta roll on this one.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Watching Brentford try to build up and also 13 minutes of stoppage time......I should just stick to watching games with the 'big 7' teams + Villa/Brighton. Awful football.

Also lol at Thomas Frank being up a man and then switching to a 5-3-2 with Maupay on and Mbuemo shifted to a wingback.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It’s clearly a conflict of interest. It may or more likely may not result in bribing but you open the gates to do so.

Refs work for the EPL that’s all they should be their only employers. (Uefa obviously not withstanding)
EPL needs to significantly up compensation then. I'm seeing 70k a season + a per match and around half that for assistants/VAR. If those are remotely correct (and I know a lot of the Bundesliga refs have regular jobs, so it can't be that far off) I don't blame any of these guys for taking side gigs at a massively bloated rate, optics or no.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd honeslty think Savant was shtick if he wasn't still going. He can't be far off 50 posts (if not exceeded?) whining about the referees on a single game. It's incredible. Go outside dude.
So defend the refs and say they did a good job

EPL needs to significantly up compensation then. I'm seeing 70k a season + a per match and around half that for assistants/VAR. If those are remotely correct (and I know a lot of the Bundesliga refs have regular jobs, so it can't be that far off) I don't blame any of these guys for taking side gigs at a massively bloated rate, optics or no.
They should, but if they are doing this they can, and should, be importing better refs too

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I honestly do not want a rematch. I just want accountability for their decision and more transparency in their decision. Bad decisions will always happen but the roller coaster of bad decisions in that game is astonishing. Unless they lied in the memo they released about how it infolded.

They can release the audio that would be a great first step.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don’t think these refs are being bribed, but the PGMOL should never put itself in the place where its referees are being paid by owners of teams, regardless of if it’s at market rate or not.
Well they’re not being paid directly by the owners. As I understand it, they’re getting paid by a football league that is likely ran by the same state that kinda sorta owns an EPL team.

Went berserk on subs but was proven to be right about that wasn’t he?
Yeah, so many fewer injuries this season

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Anybody on the Internet can say anything.

If I judged fanbases by these threads, I would hate every team in Europe.

• Haha
Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, so many fewer injuries this season
Got the five subs put in place though

The teams with the most injuries are the ones that played/practiced on turf during the USA tour. Don’t think that’s a coincidence

What do you expect by posting this?
Label LFC fans for racism because a few idiots on the internet?

Tribalism and hateful comment have no place in sports. That being an example.
Not going to quote it but obviously I don’t think anyone on here feels that way. Obviously it’s terrible. Everyone’s got them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Never brought states. And yes UAE and City owners are 100% clean business, nothing fishy about them and no states were involved in FIFA corruption.
I'm sure they are. But until proven otherwise, the only proven corruption scandals were not about states.
But I know some people here would rather condemn on the color of skin or origin than on actually proven cheaters.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Spent an extended weekend in Moravia drinking slivovice so just caught up on the games yesterday and the thread today (pant pant). Didn't like that red card call at all but if that was as bad as it got I guess we could've called the day a success :laugh: Brutal start to finish, and honestly the only the that tops it is the couple of spurs fans here (not all) doubling down on it when they should be worried how much help their team needs to get results. Pure class.

The UAE visit part is a particularly horrible look as well, whatever went down, even if it was just jetlag, hangover, etc. and not the manipulation just begging to be suspected.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Brutal start to finish, and honestly the only the that tops it is the couple of spurs fans here (not all) doubling down on it when they should be worried how much help their team needs to get results. Pure class.

Oh yes, Spurs fans should be very concerned about their level of play

Should they get rid of Ange?

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Just to be clear

Not a red
skysports-haryr-kane-harry-kane_5620446.jpg

Not a red
FvCc8_MXoAIagbS.jpg

Red
0_curtisjones1.jpg

Free kick and red card

Corner
van-de-ven-gomez.jpg

Jackson and Mac Allister got a yellow each in the game between Chelsea and Liverpool for yellow card gestures, same with Szobo a couple of games ago. Udogie though manages to escape it when he was already on a yellow.

And then the offside to top it all off.

Honestly I'd be fine with the two red if there were just some f***ing consistency in all of this. It's such a shitshow.

And yes Liverpool has obviously been on the other side of this aswell

Had to vent, hopefully I can let it go now :laugh:

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jackson and Mac Allister got a yellow each in the game between Chelsea and Liverpool for yellow card gestures, same with Szobo a couple of games ago. Udogie though manages to escape it when he was already on a yellow.

The yellow given to Udogie was a tackle on Gakpo where Udogie got the ball and that led directly to the free kick leading up to the Liverpool goal, their goal never should have been scored

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
The yellow given to Udogie was a tackle on Gakpo where Udogie got the ball and that led directly to the free kick leading up to the Liverpool goal, their goal never should have been scored
Doesn't matter if he got the ball when he takes out the player from behind like that doing it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad