GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7 (ft. MW 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I have. I’m not taking my shirt off for an own goal against 9 men. That is so small time; even for beer league
Oh, I think the taking the shirt off is hilarious, stupid, and embarrassing. See all the posts I've liked to that exact effect.

But if you are hoping for polite pats on backs during a 96th minute winner, own goal or not, you're gonna die a disappointed man.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh, I think the taking the shirt off is hilarious, stupid, and embarrassing. See all the posts I've liked to that exact effect.

But if you are hoping for polite pats on backs during a 96th minute winner, own goal or not, you're gonna die a disappointed man.
All good I was referring to taking the shirt(s) off though when I commented on it being over the top. Rest a bit tongue in cheek but yeah I mean of course they are allowed to be excited but you can being excited without acting like you’ve won the world cup

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
City lost to the wolves that is absolutely hilarious.
City isn't City without an elite mid/attacking midfield... I mean KDB. City are a shell of themselves without Kevin De Bruyne. They are of little attacking threat outside of a straight up cross or through pass... little to no creative goals since KDB injury...

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
You take KDB out of any team and you're in trouble. I feel like they've got people they could put in the spot and still be functional enough to beat Wolves though.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You take KDB out of any team and you're in trouble. I feel like they've got people they could put in the spot and still be functional enough to beat Wolves though.
Ipswich beat them (the wolves) a few days ago.
IPSWICH.
Wolves beat City .... (top club in the world a few days later)
haha...
Meanwhile Liverpool go down to 9 MEN... NINE MEN.... and are simply unbeatable outside of an own team error.

Yeah KDB unreplaceable... they should and are functioning, but it is mostly dreadful uncreative stuff.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just saw the pen claim for Brentford. The player is clearly punished for not rolling around like he was shot.

If he gets kicked in the back of the leg and rolls around like he needs an amputation, he either gets a pen live or VAR gives it to him. But because he didn’t even go all the way down and tried to get to the loose ball, nothing is given.

If you want to stop players from diving and acting, you gotta give those when they don’t.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah cause it was a draw against a bottom half team. And Liverpool fans defended it
No they did not. You are talking about the game versus West Brom. Klopp made the players go back out and it was panned by critics. People looked back at it fondly later in hindsight but the reaction at the time was not positive. The vast majority of fans wondered why they were doing that and used it to say how far the club fell. Everyone thought it was very strange

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The UEFA have an offside technology which is the most accurate in football, the UEFA offered it to all leagues but the EPL refused to implement it.
Can't control (fix) matches that easy if they did.

I thought they had them on their nipple (breast) vest they wear on the back pocket? There is that boxy bump on players...
You mean put a microchip in the actual player? Like my dogs? Yeah, I think that's a bit far fetched. Wouldn't necessarily solve the problem either since, where do you put it? One in each foot? Shoulder? Elbow? Head? All of the above?
They could put them on their nipple protection vests in their back (since I thought they were already there) and they could at least align the players that way and be within a much closer range of accuracy that way.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Or you just accept that there's error in the game from time to time and it probably shakes out evenly across the course of a season. No club is targeted against and it's only fans of a club that experienced a decision against them that start to claim conspiracy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Or you just accept that there's error in the game from time to time and it probably shakes out evenly across the course of a season. No club is targeted against and it's only fans of a club that experienced a decision against them that start to claim conspiracy.
Is this for me?

I can accept error. I can’t accept a good goal being ruled out because the VAR ref (allegedly) had no idea what he was reviewing. That’s a completely different level. That’s unacceptable

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If you post a bunch of pictures of awful decisions that went in favor of Liverpool, yes you are proving my point for me that officiating in this league is corrupt. I never said it all went against one team. There were no consequences for any of those bad decisions, no punishment, what do you call that? I don't know, maybe my standards are a whole lot higher. If I repeatedly make bad game altering decisions I won't have a job for very long.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
If you post a bunch of pictures of awful decisions that went in favor of Liverpool, yes you are proving my point for me that officiating in this league is corrupt. I never said it all went against one team. There were no consequences for any of those bad decisions, no punishment, what do you call that? I don't know, maybe my standards are a whole lot higher. If I repeatedly make bad game altering decisions I won't have a job for very long.
I don't think I was really directing it at you. Others are saying that Liverpool is somehow treated more unfairly is what people (myself) are poking fun at. The officiating isn't good enough, most fans would agree with that if they're not being obtuse. As long as humans remain in control there will be an element of human error. What's the alternative? Robot lineman?

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I finished the Newcastle game last night......Isak has good movement but man the boy is so wasteful. He's a bit like a less direct but better ball control Nico Jackson, probably better as a second striker.

Other place Newcastle are really wasting potential is having Dan Burn start at LB. Koleocho (sp?) burned him multiple times at the beginning and it stopped once Gordon and the midfield on the left side started to help out Burn. But that's not the issue as he's usually fine defensively and gives them height in the box, the problem is he really contributes nothing offensively for them. Trippier put so many good crosses in and helps Almiron play better too, imagine if they have Hall or even Targett making at least some offensive contribution from the left side.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Stares are the only one corrupting people? Corporations aren't?
States usually are more corrupt but it could be both, why this question?

The point remain, if John Henry (LFC owners) paid referees to travel to boston to officiate game for his family 48hrs before a game in the premier league, that would also be unethical at face value.

Especially, with all the allegations and fixed results that happened in the game in the past

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

The point remain, if John Henry (LFC owners) paid referees to travel to boston to officiate game for his family 48hrs before a game in the premier league, that would also be unethical at face value.

Especially, with all the allegations and fixed results that happened in the game in the past
Why this question? Well apparently corruption is somehow linked to states but not businessmen.
Just ask Juve, OM and all the others. States obviously.

Reactions: luiginb

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA

Are you implying that Spurs paid the refs to travel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad