GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7 (ft. MW 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’m more or less neutral on VAR, I think they mostly get it right but obviously when they get it wrong it stands out. But for the people who are saying that VAR should be junked- remember that it was the guy with the flag who actually got it wrong. From what’s been reported, the VAR officials saw it was onside and figured “good goal”, not realizing (and that was their big screw-up) that the flag had gone up.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m more or less neutral on VAR, I think they mostly get it right but obviously when they get it wrong it stands out. But for the people who are saying that VAR should be junked- remember that it was the guy with the flag who actually got it wrong. From what’s been reported, the VAR officials saw it was onside and figured “good goal”, not realizing (and that was their big screw-up) that the flag had gone up.
VAR is fine. It’s run by morons.

PL needs independent 3rd party VAR staff. And they need to not say no to updates like they said no to the offsides tech that was used at the World Cup. VAR is not the problem.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Just a couple months ago there were multiple instances of planes nearly colliding on runways because of ATC errors. So yeah, it happens.

Again, the two options are either a mistake or intentional. So you either have to argue that the VAR knew the goal was called offside and, with dear knowledge, intentionally said check complete, or you have to accept it was a mistake.

The weird thing here is that Liverpool fans seem to think that by calling it a mistake, it minimizes what happened. It doesn’t. Mistakes can literally be deadly. That doesn’t make them any less of a mistake.

Anyway, I’m done having this conversation. Liverpool fans here have convinced themselves that a team derided as LiVARpool is somehow on the receiving end of a mass conspiracy because klopp maybe said something mean. It’s impossible to speak rationally with the delusional.
This!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
lol. No. Not even close to the correct takeaway.

When a team gets labeled as LiVARpool with no factual basis; and a lot showing the contrary. It just adds to no one believing them because people love catchy vocabulary, so it supersedes what actually happens. Delegitimization before anything actually occurs

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
lol. No. Not even close to the correct takeaway.

When a team gets labeled as LiVARpool with no factual basis; and a lot showing the contrary. It just adds to no one believing them because people love catchy vocabulary, so it supersedes what actually happens. Delegitimization before anything actually occurs
Do you think Liverpool are disproportionately negatively affected by refereeing errors relative to the rest of the league?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Calling it a mistake doesn’t minimize what happens. The poor response to address the mistake is what is proving the minimization. Taking the officials off duty for a week (again), especially when they can fly over and do a game in UAE in the mean time, and doing nothing else is what minimizes it. PGMOL built itself to be teflon and that’s what we are seeing here. There is no accountability because under the guise of “respect” they’ve insulated themselves from criticism.

It’s impossible to speak rationally because people would rather say things like LiVARpool and minimize what’s actually happening by equating it with conspiracy theories.
Because multiple Liverpool fans described it using conspiratorial terms. It’s terrible reffing. No one is arguing that. People just disagree that it’s due to an agenda for whatever reason, including because klopp said something mean

Do you think Liverpool are disproportionately negatively affected by refereeing errors relative to the rest of the league?
Of course he does.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I had a good response to this that I accidentally deleted. Will try to replicate.

I think you can probably find data showing both sides of this, but any data showing LFC are hard done will be automatically dismissed due to tribalism and vocabulary like “LiVARpool” automatically poisoning the well of public opinion due to a catchy name. You can’t even present data on this without being called a conspiracy theorist though

To answer your question though, I do think LFC benefit compared to most of the teams in the league, I do not feel they benefit compared to the other Manchester and London teams in the top six. I think the way Mo Salah is officiated is a microcosm of this. I think Salah is officiated differently than Harry Kane. Not to keep picking on Tottenham but I think recent fixtures against them have been consistently an officiating shitshow and somehow yesterday outdid all of them. Yeah I think LFC are treated more favorably than like a West Ham or a Bournemouth but in the top six mini league, I rarely have felt that compared to the other top six teams; or when they play together it’s favorable. And also, I accept that other people probably feel similar about their team
Because multiple Liverpool fans described it using conspiratorial terms. It’s terrible reffing. No one is arguing that. People just disagree that it’s due to an agenda for whatever reason, including because klopp said something mean

Of course he does.
I mean the only person on here who officiates games (at a much lower level) stated themselves that it’s difficult to keep personal bias out despite the fact that refs should be impartial. I mean we can look at facts. LFC have topped the fair play league I believe 5 times under Klopp and they already have four red cards this season. Yeah we can say variance but my point here is that it’s pretty clear Klopp isn’t running a dirty team. LFC have four red cards this season; and have never had more than five red cards in any other season total. Liverpool have had 8 total red cards under Klopp before this season. What’s changed other than the perception of Klopp after his public issues with refs like Tierney? Yesterday was a terribly officiated game and one of many. The standard needs to be higher

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Are you really implying that Liverpool have (before yesterday) been unfairly treated vs Spurs????
Yes. Under Klopp alone just to name three

Yesterday
Paul Tierney game in 20-21
Jon Moss in 2017-18

All robberies due to incompetent officiating, and those are just on the top of my head without digging deeper (which I won’t) but they are three very specific and very clear examples all versus the same team

Last edited:

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Yes. Under Klopp alone just to name three

Yesterday
Paul Tierney game in 20-21
Jon Dowd in 2017-18

All robberies due to incompetent officiating, and those are just on the top of my head without digging deeper
Should we look a little deeper??

20231001_101918.jpg
20231001_102518.jpg
20231001_102515.jpg
20231001_102511.jpg

It's football. Mistakes happen. Should we execute the VAR officials? Liverpool fans on their little crusade because they lost a match in part due to a bad call are hilarious!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Should we look a little deeper??

View attachment 747915View attachment 747916View attachment 747917View attachment 747918

It's football. Mistakes happen. Should we execute the VAR officials? Liverpool fans on their little crusade because they lost a match in part due to a bad call are hilarious!
Freeze frames are not the be all end all here. I can drop a bunch of still shots too but I am not going too. I’m also not going to discuss any of these so this doesn’t get derailed. There are more than four screenshots from yesterday alone that we could drop in here. Kudos for having that ready to go though, I guess.

I don’t think the VAR official should keep his job but execution too far for me. Incompetent refs should not keep their jobs let alone continue to get high profile appointments. Which I have said for years. This crew was already suspended once this season so it’s not like they are good at their jobs; but of course they get probably the most important game of the season thus far and produce that performance. The ref standard is way too low and PGMOL does not care. Yes mistakes happen, but if the same refs keep making the same mistakes, why do they keep getting put in that position? Let Darren England go to UAE full time instead of it just being a side hustle

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Yeah it was a 2 minute Twitter search.

No one is arguing that the call was wrong. But you lot on about a vendetta against your club is laughable and embarrassing.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah it was a 2 minute Twitter search.

No one is arguing that the call was wrong. But you lot on about a vendetta against your club has laughable and embarrassing.
Laughable and Embarrassing was how your squad celebrated at the end of that game yesterday. Laughable and Embarrassing was the officiating yesterday. How non-LFC fans have reacted to it also falls in those categories. But again it’s tribalism. The focus on should be on the awful officiating standard in this country but instead it’s Laugh at Livarpool which is exactly how PGMOL want it.

Btw, Sissoko was a stonewall handball and yall still didn’t score and lost 2-0 so nothing to complain about

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Laughable and Embarrassing was how your squad celebrated at the end of that game yesterday. Laughable and Embarrassing was the officiating yesterday. How non-LFC fans have reacted to it also falls in those categories. But again it’s tribalism. The focus on should be on the awful officiating standard in this country but instead it’s Laugh at Livarpool which is exactly how PGMOL want it.

Btw, Sissoko was a stonewall handball and yall still didn’t score and lost 2-0 so nothing to complain about
Haha yeah God forbid celebrating a last second win against a good team

Didn't take long for you to get rattled did it

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Haha yeah God forbid celebrating a last second win against a good team
Yeah celebrating an undeserved win again a 9 man team like yall won the World Cup when the refs gave you the game shows why Tottenham is so small. Especially on a fluke own goal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Okay, I don’t understand this take. What should they do? Run over to Matip and console him?
I mean there is a middle ground between consoling Matip and celebrating like y’all won the World Cup. Not even like anyone on Tottenham scored the goal. Couple of high fives. Or just celebrate like Tim Howard after his goalie goal because he knew it was an accident.

Hahaha hold that L bro.

Should we offer to replay the game 😂😂😂
I mean if Angie’s whole thing is integrity?

But yeah I mean this wasn’t the case of a 50/50 call that went wrong. This was a proven bad officiating crew pooping the bed. Again.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I mean there is a middle ground between consoling Matip and celebrating like y’all won the World Cup. Not even like anyone on Tottenham scored the goal. Couple of high fives. Or just celebrate like Tim Howard after his goalie goal because he knew it was an accident.
LMAO if you expect "a couple of high fives" or Tim Howard-esque humility (when that was specifically because as a keeper he didn't want to reinforce his counterpart's humiliation) when you win a game in the last minute of stoppage time just because it was an own goal, you've never played sports in your life.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I really hope the next time we win we golf clap and walk off the field calmly so we appease Liverpool fans.
I mean the sad thing is this is the biggest win you lot have had in years so I guess that’s why the celebration was so big

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
LMAO if you expect "a couple of high fives" or Tim Howard-esque humility (when that was specifically because as a keeper he didn't want to reinforce his counterpart's humiliation) when you win a game in the last minute of stoppage time just because it was an own goal, you've never played sports in your life.
Such a silly take isn't it

I mean the sad thing is this is the biggest win you lot have had in years so I guess that’s why the celebration was so big
Again you're showing your really rattled by yesterday's game. Go outside, get some fresh air.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I have. I’m not taking my shirt off for an own goal against 9 men. That is so small time; even for beer league

Such a silly take isn't it

Again you're showing your really rattled by yesterday's game. Go outside, get some fresh air.
Hey yall asked me what they are supposed to do and I answered. Not on me if you don’t like the answer

Yeah I am a bit rattled by consistent terrible officiating (which has always been my point) but certainly not because of Tottenham. Outside is a good idea though

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad