GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7 (ft. MW 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just to be clear, you think the off field VAR intentionally misunderstood what was given on the field because of something that may or may not have been said to an on field official? But no tinfoil hat

Sorry, was doing other things on a Saturday night. You got a little bit of attention during half time of the city game. And hey, I guess we can’t all be d3 refs. And to be clear, that was in reference to savant claiming, allegedly now facetiously after getting called out on it, that audio would be scrubbed. You’d understand that if you had an ounce of reading ability.
Facetious, was trying to infer the unlikelihood that audio is released at all. Would love if they released the audio, don’t think it’ll happen.

And dude you can't pull the Saturday night card when it's 11 PM where you are. You are on this forum doing nothing.
Can’t comment on your feed, but also hard to play Saturday night card when my posts were getting reacts for at least the last two hours

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Well two of the reds are easily explicable and two aren't. The balance of the rest of the matches shows nothing weird going on. But today you have someone getting a yellow when one guy dives on himself and isn't even close to being fouled by anyone, goal being disallowed when it seems like the referee doesn't care what VAR tells him, then every 50-50 goes the way of one team. It stinks. Arsenal-Brentford stunk. Officials don't get to mess up like that and it be called human nature. People are right to be suspicious. The Juve goal being disallowed last season is another example. How the f*** do you mess up like that?

No I am saying that the official on the field made up his mind and did not want to give a goal. His linesman also made up his mind when he stuck his flag up when they have been told not to do that. The linesman tried to kill the play before it played out.

And dude you can't pull the Saturday night card when it's 11 PM where you are. You are on this forum doing nothing.
Literally just got back from the game.

Okay that’s all well and good but that completely cuts the VAR decision out from what happens and the VAR decision is the issue. Not to mention the center went with what his AR told him.

Facetious, was trying to infer the unlikelihood that audio is released at all. Would love if they released the audio, don’t think it’ll happen.

Can’t comment on your feed, but also hard to play Saturday night card when my posts were getting reacts for at least the last two hours
There was 15 minutes during halftime, another about five minutes when a KC player went down injured, and then the train ride home. Pretty easy to figure out with critical thinking, so I can see why you struggled

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Literally just got back from the game.

Okay that’s all well and good but that completely cuts the VAR decision out from what happens and the VAR decision is the issue. Not to mention the center went with what his AR told him.

There was 15 minutes during halftime, another about five minutes when a KC player went down injured, and then the train ride home. Pretty easy to figure out with critical thinking, so I can see why you struggled
I get it. Hope you had a good time at the game. I don’t track your schedule (unless it specifically tags to me) though, I just see two hours of reactions on over a dozen posts. I am very flattered

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Yeah I'm not doing anything tonight because I'm f***ing exhausted. I worked four games this week. Lower end college football isn't stable enough to make it so that you don't have to do HS games. If you f*** up in college football games they fire you.

The VAR decision isn't supposed to be the issue. It was stated very clearly that the VAR official thought he was giving Liverpool the goal. The referee is the incompetent dipshit here or they are lying about what the VAR decision was. Then it is the issue. You can make of it what you want.

Reactions: gary69 and Savant

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I also wasn't trying to brag about my job because it's not really anything to brag about anyway, there's nothing glamorous about getting rained on in front of 400 people. I ran back to our locker room all soaked earlier feeling like a dumbass. I was only trying to point out that I've come across officials capable of letting their emotions hugely negatively impact the game and that I thought it happened here.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah I'm not doing anything tonight because I'm f***ing exhausted. I worked four games this week. Lower end college football isn't stable enough to make it so that you don't have to do HS games. If you f*** up in college football games they fire you.

The VAR decision isn't supposed to be the issue. It was stated very clearly that the VAR official thought he was giving Liverpool the goal. The referee is the incompetent dipshit here or they are lying about what the VAR decision was. Then it is the issue. You can make of it what you want.
The VAR is the one who misunderstood what happened on the field. The VAR is the one that f***ed up. I mean, the AR did too, but it’s a trail leg and that shit happens.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The elephant in the room is that VAR is actually shambolic and its only in the EPL. La liga refs suck but they dont have issues with VAR like this.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It's not just a "mistake", it's gross incompetence. The best example I could find is having a air controller forgetting to do his job and having two planes colliding with each other because he forgot the basic of his job at the most important moment.

The VAR officials have that work for only 90 minutes to review all plays and decisions in a football game, this is not rocket science there... and they even hire an assistant to the VAR official. Their job is to review all decisions that could have been missed by the main referee and advise. Offside review has to be done for all actions that led to a goal, not that hard.. They simply forgot and did not do that, with millions of viewers all over the world. This is not just making a bad decision, this is them not doing their job at all.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's not just a "mistake", it's gross incompetence. The best example I could find is having a air controller forgetting to do his job and having two planes colliding with each other because he forgot the basic of his job at the most important moment.
In this case they also don't fire the air controller and keep letting him do it. There's no integrity in that if nothing else. These officials aren't children. If they cannot do their job and the league protects them then it is corrupt. People care enough about this for the official to get paid, once they are paid then they have an obligation to do their job right, if they do not do their job right and are not punished then the league lacks integrity. There are lots of people in the world who would love to have their job but they do not fire these officials because it's an old boys club. We call that corruption I think.

Nobody said 'this only happens to Liverpool' my complaint is that it keeps happening over and over to every team. It's disgusting. I do not have the energy to complain every single time this happens but if it happens again just immediately assume I think it's corrupt because it is.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
This one game sure garnered a lot of discussion. But rightfully so really. My heart sank when I saw the still frame of Diaz supposedly being offside. Then the game just went on and I immediately knew that it would cause a lot of ire.

Don't think there were too many positives with Spurs performance. Thought Porro was the main standout. Once again I appreciate their insistence on playing it short out of the back under pressure.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This one game sure garnered a lot of discussion. But rightfully so really. My heart sank when I saw the still frame of Diaz supposedly being offside. Then the game just went on and I immediately knew that it would cause a lot of ire.

Don't think there were too many positives with Spurs performance. Thought Porro was the main standout. Once again I appreciate their insistence on playing it short out of the back under pressure.
There weren’t really any negatives with the Spurs performance either though. I mean yea they gave up some good chances even with Liverpool down to ten, but Liverpool have two of the best counter wingers you can get so that’s just going to happen. They stayed composed and forced Alisson to make a lot of amazing saves.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I've seen assistant refs call offside for players into their own half of the pitch before VAR. So incompetence is hardly questionnable there.

Reactions: bluesfan94

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
The Premier League has failed to implement VAR properly, and it gets more obvious and frustrating each year.

They need to get someone outside the PGMOL to overhaul the use of it and get some actual common sense involved in the way it's used because it's just shambolic at the moment

Reactions: luiginb

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
There weren’t really any negatives with the Spurs performance either though. I mean yea they gave up some good chances even with Liverpool down to ten, but Liverpool have two of the best counter wingers you can get so that’s just going to happen. They stayed composed and forced Alisson to make a lot of amazing saves.
Yeah, Pool clearly proved to be a threat to them in the first half even when down a man. The team just seems to struggle a bit against the teams sitting back. Same happened against Sheffield. I would have liked to see them attempt more shots from outside the box and less crosses. Kulusevski was probably the largest offender here. Didn't feel threatening at all.

Maddison was the largest threat but Liverpool closed him down well.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
After sleeping it off, man still sucks.

Side note. Thanks for officiating, and I’d encourage any of you who aren’t to consider it. Leagues are struggling for officials of all kinds. It’s thankless, but man are they needed. I run scoreboard and clock for the high school sports where I work and the old codgers are not being replaced with new blood.

Reactions: Jack Straw

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA

Although I felt Jones' challenge deserved a red by the law, it made the game worse. Up until that point it was a really exciting, back and forth game with both teams having chances and controlling play at different periods.

After that it was trying to break down a team in a strong defensive formation. The Diaz goal should have counted, but sometimes you just have bad luck. God knows we've had enough of it at Spurs.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
One thing that I think should change (but probably won’t) - once the game restarted they (VAR) couldn’t tell the on field officials to stop the game because they got it wrong. That should change. If you know there has been such an egregious error then you really have to stop the game and correct it. It would be way better than what’s happening now, and they have to have known that this would happen.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
One thing that I think should change (but probably won’t) - once the game restarted they (VAR) couldn’t tell the on field officials to stop the game because they got it wrong. That should change. If you know there has been such an egregious error then you really have to stop the game and correct it. It would be way better than what’s happening now, and they have to have known that this would happen.
I understand the idea that VAR should complete all checks before play restarts. That makes sense. But there clearly should be a “woah, there was a miscommunication there” or “hold up, we didn’t want you to restart yet” option so that if there’s a clear situation where something like that has occured.

Just tell the on field official to blow it dead. If it’s used in that type of manner that would only potentially happen in the first 2-3 seconds anyway, so it’s not an issue.

Reactions: Jack Straw

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

The VAR officials have that work for only 90 minutes to review all plays and decisions in a football game, this is not rocket science there... and they even hire an assistant to the VAR official. Their job is to review all decisions that could have been missed by the main referee and advise. Offside review has to be done for all actions that led to a goal, not that hard.. They simply forgot and did not do that, with millions of viewers all over the world. This is not just making a bad decision, this is them not doing their job at all.
Just a couple months ago there were multiple instances of planes nearly colliding on runways because of ATC errors. So yeah, it happens.

Again, the two options are either a mistake or intentional. So you either have to argue that the VAR knew the goal was called offside and, with dear knowledge, intentionally said check complete, or you have to accept it was a mistake.

The weird thing here is that Liverpool fans seem to think that by calling it a mistake, it minimizes what happened. It doesn’t. Mistakes can literally be deadly. That doesn’t make them any less of a mistake.

Anyway, I’m done having this conversation. Liverpool fans here have convinced themselves that a team derided as LiVARpool is somehow on the receiving end of a mass conspiracy because klopp maybe said something mean. It’s impossible to speak rationally with the delusional.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I understand the idea that VAR should complete all checks before play restarts. That makes sense. But there clearly should be a “woah, there was a miscommunication there” or “hold up, we didn’t want you to restart yet” option so that if there’s a clear situation where something like that has occured.

Just tell the on field official to blow it dead. If it’s used in that type of manner that would only potentially happen in the first 2-3 seconds anyway, so it’s not an issue.
I think serious questions also need to be asked why the VAR official was allowed to officiate a game in UAE 48 hours before this game.

I mean who cares if you get pulled off a week if you can side hustle abroad and more than make up for it. Cleared to do so by PGMOL by the way. Hard to say that didn’t effect his performance, even if he was only jet lagged

As for the ref, there’s a moment about 35 seconds after the shenanigans where you can tell he is getting the news of the F up; even brings the whistle up to his mouth. They knew what happened and did nothing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just a couple months ago there were multiple instances of planes nearly colliding on runways because of ATC errors. So yeah, it happens.

Again, the two options are either a mistake or intentional. So you either have to argue that the VAR knew the goal was called offside and, with dear knowledge, intentionally said check complete, or you have to accept it was a mistake.

The weird thing here is that Liverpool fans seem to think that by calling it a mistake, it minimizes what happened. It doesn’t. Mistakes can literally be deadly. That doesn’t make them any less of a mistake.

Anyway, I’m done having this conversation. Liverpool fans here have convinced themselves that a team derided as LiVARpool is somehow on the receiving end of a mass conspiracy because klopp maybe said something mean. It’s impossible to speak rationally with the delusional.
Calling it a mistake doesn’t minimize what happens. The poor response to address the mistake is what is proving the minimization. Taking the officials off duty for a week (again), especially when they can fly over and do a game in UAE in the mean time, and doing nothing else is what minimizes it. PGMOL built itself to be teflon and that’s what we are seeing here. There is no accountability because under the guise of “respect” they’ve insulated themselves from criticism.

It’s impossible to speak rationally because people would rather say things like LiVARpool and minimize what’s actually happening by equating it with conspiracy theories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad