GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
And yet Greenwood didn't play football for 18 months and was released by his team and somehow United are a bad look while Harit carried on like nothing happenned under the Moroccan jersey.
Ignoring the 2nd part of this, because I'm not familiar with the Harit case.

But I don't think you want to defend United here. They did their absolute best to try to bring Greenwood back and only decided that they couldn't do that after immense public backlash. And have they actually released him yet? I think they're still trying to get a fee for him, because it was never about morals for them.

Jussi seems to love it though...

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
And yet Greenwood didn't play football for 18 months and was released by his team and somehow United are a bad look while Harit carried on like nothing happenned under the Moroccan jersey.

I guarantee you that Greenwood would not have been released by Manchester United over the Harit situation.

Again, intent matters.

If your point is that multiple organizations look past bad events, sure. I think Manchester United and Greenwood went past that, personally.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ignoring the 2nd part of this, because I'm not familiar with the Harit case.

But I don't think you want to defend United here. They did their absolute best to try to bring Greenwood back and only decided that they couldn't do that after immense public backlash. And have they actually released him yet? I think they're still trying to get a fee for him, because it was never about morals for them.

Jussi seems to love it though...

Harit hit a pedestrian (who died) while vacationing in Morocco (no DUI). Tried to flee the scene on foot and was caught by passerbys. Settled out-of-court with the family and resumed play.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Another question. Could the team deny a red card being called and give away a yellow and a penalty instead?
Because in this context it would have been better for LFC to let them have the penalty.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Another question. Could the team deny a red card being call and give away a yellow and a penalty instead?
No, the card color and result is purely up to the ref.

Theoretically a ref could call a DOGSO foul outside the box a then give a yellow + pen cause he felt bad, but VAR would send him to the monitor and then if he didn't change his mind he'd find himself unemployed after the game.

Reactions: JPBolts and Blender

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Endo was terrible too. At most clubs this would be a realization that the cheap transfer policy didn't work and they need to spend on two players.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
No, the card color and result is purely up to the ref.

Theoretically a ref could call a DOGSO foul outside the box a then give a yellow + pen cause he felt bad, but VAR would send him to the monitor and then if he didn't change his mind he'd find himself unemployed after the game.
You give PGMOL too much credit. He'd be given a week off and then we'd see him back reffing after that.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why are we persisting with Matip if he can’t go 90 minutes

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I sense that in the the context of already being down 1 and with 60+ minutes left to play anybody would prefer to give away the penalty and keep the player on the field.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Wow, Liverpool might escape with a point after getting bullied all game.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
On the foul, the only debate is if Isak would have had control of the ball. I think there is an argument that he was ahead of the ball and might not have controlled. But we won’t know.

It’s a red for me, but it is a bit frustrating as they can’t really play it out since he goes down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad