GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Chelsea just shed a tear seeing Lewis Hall there in the crowd...and then wiped it away with a handful of cash.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What about the last like 3 years?
He had a lot more cover out there with players like Fabinho and Henderson who would sit further back and cover for him. Now he's being asked to play inverted and defend and he looks horrible doing it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not saying any of the LFC cards were wrong but how had Newcastle escaped without any this half?

he's like me playing Madden, just play offense and let cpu handle defense snaps
You can tell his body language. Was having so much fun playing midfield last year in the home stretch now he is miserable again

Even when he knows his role, he's been a liability on the defensive end for years. He absolutely has zero interest in attempting to play defense and has faced zero consequences for it for years.

Liverpool's system was designed to have other people cover for him, specifically the midfielders. Recent changes to their midfield have left them unable to do that and not it's way more noticeable on the regular basis.
For sure that is why they need to put him in midfield and buy defenders

But he isn’t elite lol. Crazy some of the takes here

What about the last like 3 years?
We were a lot better as a team 3 years ago

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Maybe? But also I would rather Trent in midfield so he has more people to aim at
I could see him working at RW if they operated a Xavi-like system, where he is basically a false winger and the fullback pushes up to overload the right side with him.

But that still leaves Liverpool needing a new DM and some defenders. It's not an ideal solution, but playing Trent at DM in this midfield wouldn't be great either.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yellow cards, every game I have watched. Especially that he got the ball too.
That is an obvious DOGSO and a red. He cut his legs out when Isak was a full step ahead of him and was going to get that ball with a clear opportunity.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He had a lot more cover out there with players like Fabinho and Henderson who would sit further back and cover for him. Now he's being asked to play inverted and defend and he looks horrible doing it.
He’s looked horrible for years now.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
DOGSO fouls have been reds since literally 1990. In the mid-late 2010s it was changed so that if the DOGSO foul was an attempt at the ball and in the box it would only be yellow unless it was a handball, but outside it has stayed red.
But what is the definition of DOGSO because to me it seemed like Isak was not clear.
3 games, 2 straight red cards, one was rescinded. The standards have clearly changed.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He’s looked horrible for years now.
Defensively he's always been bad, but playing as a wingback with defensive cover is a much easier assignment than expecting him to slot in as a right side DM.

Maybe? But also I would rather Trent in midfield so he has more people to aim at
Who is coming out in that system? Endo, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, and TAA midfield would be terribly unbalanced.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
But what is the definition of DOGSO because to me it seemed like Isak was not clear.
3 games, 2 straight red cards, one was rescinded. The standards have clearly changed.
DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY (DOGSO)

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.), the offending player must be sent off.

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)

The following must be considered:
  • distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders

Reactions: KJS14

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This season has broken all of you. You’re all short circuited and it’s week 3.
I don't know anymore. I expect every tackle to be red cards at this point.

The following must be considered:
  • distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders
And I am not sure if it was the case. There was no control by Isak. And Matip was in line with VVD.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I don't know anymore. I expect every tackle to be red cards at this point.

And I am not sure if it was the case. There was no control by Isak. And Matip was in line with VVD.

It’s always been and always will be a red. It’s not a new rule. And it’s not something they’re choosing to suddenly enforce, like some of the other hysteria we’ve seen this season.

You can’t kick out a guys legs when he’s about to run past you on goal.

Reactions: Jussi and Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm fully aware having seen it live and the replay, so no need for the attempted condescension.
  • distance between the offence and the goal - Isak is running into the penalty area
  • general direction of the play - Isak is running towards the goal in the middle of the pitch
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball - Isak is likely going to gain control of the ball. He doesn't need to have control, only likely to control it as it states.
  • location and number of defenders - There are no defenders between Isak and the goal. Being "in line" is irrelevant.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It’s always been and always will be a red. It’s not a new rule. And it’s not something they’re choosing to suddenly enforce, like some of the other hysteria we’ve seen this season.

You can’t kick out a guys legs when he’s about to run past you on goal.
So basically any foul outside the box but with a player that could score is deemed red cards?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad