GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So basically any foul outside the box but with a player that could score is deemed red cards?
Not could score, it needs to meet the 4 criteria, which this one did. If it only meets 1, 2, or 3 of them it is a yellow.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I don't know anymore. I expect every tackle to be red cards at this point.

And I am not sure if it was the case. There was no control by Isak. And Matip was in line with VVD.
So glad it's not just Arsenal supporters with a victim complex now.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why we don't see it more often. I have seen many similar fouls never called red cards l?
I have seen this called a red plenty. That there exists calls that have been wrong also does not change what the correct call should be.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Did you start watching this sport last week

You’ve been posting here for years without ever watching football? I admire the bit honestly
I don't know the standard for red cards from season to season.
For my interpretation red cards had to be delibate foul to deny a CLEAR chance to score. This would have been the case when tackled by behind or pulled while being clear with the ball.
Never seen it interpreted in a way when a player put his body and never touched the ball.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know the standard for red cards from season to season.
For my interpretation red cards had to be delibate foul to deny a CLEAR chance to score. This would have been the case when tackled by behind or pulled while being clear with the ball.
Never seen it interpreted in a way when a player put his body and never touched the ball.
Again.
I'm fully aware having seen it live and the replay, so no need for the attempted condescension.
  • distance between the offence and the goal - Isak is running into the penalty area
  • general direction of the play - Isak is running towards the goal in the middle of the pitch
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball - Isak is likely going to gain control of the ball. He doesn't need to have control, only likely to control it as it states.
  • location and number of defenders - There are no defenders between Isak and the goal. Being "in line" is irrelevant.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Red cards have been relatively speaking less called in the EPL now two red cards in 3 games for LFC. Last season I don't remember LFC even getting a straight red card. It's such a stats anomaly. I guess I have to revise my interpration.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Almiron with the MLS quality finishing.

Red cards have been relatively speaking less called in the EPL now two red cards in 3 games for LFC. Last season I don't remember LFC even getting a straight red card. It's such a stats anomaly. I guess I have to revise my interpration.
This is called the gambler's fallacy.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Well the MacAllister one shouldn't have been a red. But maybe you're also used to VVD getting away with atrocities like this without a red.

1693154563240.png

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sorry, my mind immediately went to sexual assault/rape.

What happened there was beyond awful and Harit got off light. I'm not making light of anything but I think intent matters. I'd have had zero issue with Harit never wearing the jersey again.
And yet Greenwood didn't play football for 18 months and was released by his team and somehow United are a bad look while Harit carried on like nothing happenned under the Moroccan jersey.

Reactions: Jussi

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Did you start watching this sport last week

You’ve been posting here for years without ever watching football? I admire the bit honestly
I have played the sports for 20 years and watched the games for more than 30years. Don't go personnal, i was not mean or aggressive. I always found that red cards are never applied in similar fashion from game to game and unlike hockey when a major get called it's usually very straight forward with an injured player. So interpration is key.

I don’t know why there’s a focus on “standards from season to season” here because that VVD foul has always been a red
How many DOGSO red cards accross the EPL we saw last season?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I have played the sports for 20 years and watched the games for more than 30years. Don't go personnal, i was not mean or aggressive. I always found that red cards are never applied in similar fashion from game to game and unlike hockey when a major get called it's usually very straight forward with an injured player. So interpration is key.
We must watch a very different NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad