GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeah, I haven't checked the stats of the last few seasons, but traditionally the last 5-10 minutes had the most goals scored compared to other similar length periods within the match.

So being successful at that time at least used to be of utmost importance for a good season.
Worked pretty well for Leverkusen last season.

Reactions: maclean and Jussi

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
i vaguely recall arsenal leading the league in "points taken after the 85th minute" last season, but i could genuinely be mis-remembering that entirely.

edit: arsenal scored 16 goals after the 85th minute before new years day (first in the league), five of which were match-winners.
Every team does it. I am not saying it is impossible, and sometimes you need them to win games, but I am saying it doesn't rely on long-term success. LFC led it last year but didn't get anywhere. Arsenal was high in it the last two years but still didn't win anything.

However, the difference is that Arsenal backs up it in other ways, like looking so much superior to their opponents. Man United needed a fluke on their side, late in the game to win a game at home against the Fulham fam. Not saying their fans think they're going anywhere this season, but I keep seeing all this positivity in the media and through United-supported groups like Gary Neville and this club is still so far off the pace. That's my entire debate.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Should have won by more. Second half performance wasn't great similar to last season but end of the first half was promising. Maguire, Casemiro and Mazraoui played well. Nice finish by Zirkzee. Still need Ugarte or another DM.

Reactions: Gecklund

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
5th time in 6 years Liverpool opens up against a promoted side.
Let's put it this way. I would rather play Man City today than that charged up Ipswich town. They are everywhere.

As for LFC I am not sure if they are bad or Ipswich are that good. I guess a bit of both.

Reactions: JPBolts

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Nice to have a striker than can finish 10 yards from the goal.

I will give some props to Slot, he made great adjustments at half time.

• Haha
Reactions: hatterson

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Ipswich played well in the first half. Liverpool stepped it up in the second. Looked like scoring every time they went forward.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Danilo sustains a horrifying leg injury on an apparent delayed obvious offside.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I find it funny how Arsenal have been supposedly looking to sell Partey these past two summers, but he is still an immediate starter.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That’s much closer to a red than the garbage red Schar received earlier today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad