GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Rare Sherwood W tbh, the last few years don't have me persuaded that De Ligt is significantly better than Maguire.
De Ligt is a really strong defender and a fantastic character, but he lacks pace and is weak in possession. Tuchel was starting Eric Dier over him. Bayern fans are still in shambles over selling him but agree Sherwood hasn't lost the plot. 'Arry gets way more shit than he deserves.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have to love all the "positivity" around United. They were outplayed by Fulham at home for the first 30 minutes, and if Traore had not had all their best chances, they would have easily scored. Yes, Man United looked good, but they are also the gift that keeps on giving. Playing Bruno as a false nine and benched their 60 million Euro striker, only to have Bruno miss two glorious chances and almost play their way to a draw, only to bring on their 60 million Euro striker to do a fluke tap in...is beyond hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have to love all the "positivity" around United. They were outplayed by Fulham at home for the first 30 minutes, and if Traore had not had all their best chances, they would have easily scored. Yes, Man United looked good, but they are also the gift that keeps on giving. Playing Bruno as a false nine and benched their 60 million Euro striker, only to have Bruno miss two glorious chances and almost play their way to a draw, only to bring on their 60 million Euro striker to do a fluke tap in...is beyond hilarious.
They played well enough to earn all 3 points. The euro player didn’t get a preseason and wouldn’t be able start from the start. Not uncommon but I mean go on

Reactions: Gecklund and Jussi

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That wasn't a fluke tap in, it was a great strike as a result of some lovely interplay he started.
Any goal beyond 85+ minutes is a fluke, and teams relying on them to win many games - aka LFC - are destined to fail long-term. It's based on the laws of probabilities.

They played well enough to earn all 3 points. The euro player didn’t get a preseason and wouldn’t be able start from the start. Not uncommon but I mean go on
They should be the better team against Fulham at home, who lost their best defensive midfielder, but United made it look very hard to win that game.

• Haha

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Any goal beyond 85+ minutes is a fluke, and teams relying on them to win many games - aka LFC - are destined to fail long-term. It's based on the laws of probabilities.
Talks about a proper HFboards Hot Take.

Saving this the next time Arsenal score one and you defend it.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Nonsense. Back it up. Happens all the time. No one wants to rely on them if they could have a comfortable lead in the 85th minute.

Reactions: Gecklund

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If there’s a chance on the break, but it’s Traore, does it really count as a chance?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Talks about a proper HFboards Hot Take.

Saving this the next time Arsenal score one and you defend it.

Yeah, I haven't checked the stats of the last few seasons, but traditionally the last 5-10 minutes had the most goals scored compared to other similar length periods within the match.

So being successful at that time at least used to be of utmost importance for a good season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, I haven't checked the stats of the last few seasons, but traditionally the last 5-10 minutes had the most goals scored compared to other similar length periods within the match.

So being successful at that time at least used to be of utmost importance for a good season.
Just another desperate attempt by Arsenal fans to downplay the SAF era as a fluke and prop up the invincibles.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Just another desperate attempt by Arsenal fans to downplay the SAF era as a fluke and prop up the invincibles.
Right because SEPH represents the entire fan base.

Also SAF had the refs in his pockets. Him and Neville admitted it which makes the Invincibles achievement that much greater.:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H and Jussi

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

They should be the better team against Fulham at home, who lost their best defensive midfielder, but United made it look very hard to win that game.
i vaguely recall arsenal leading the league in "points taken after the 85th minute" last season, but i could genuinely be mis-remembering that entirely.

edit: arsenal scored 16 goals after the 85th minute before new years day (first in the league), five of which were match-winners.

late goals were significantly higher last year, which is theorized to be a consequence of longer stoppage time (not just more minutes to score in, but higher levels of fatigue). they're the main reason why scoring is way way way up.

edit: the record for stoppage time goals in a season was broken in march. two months before the end of the season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Right because SEPH represents the entire fan base.

Also SAF had the refs in his pockets. Him and Neville admitted it which makes the Invincibles achievement that much greater.:cool:
ty-aftv.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad