GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Idk how you can put your hand around Havertz throat and not get something called...

I find it funny how Arsenal have been supposedly looking to sell Partey these past two summers, but he is still an immediate starter.
He's great when he's healthy, but he's injured so often. I've said he was a top 5 midfielder in the league 2 years ago.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Saka’s been the difference in an otherwise even game.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You guys got Guido a year too late, before 23/24 he was one of the top DMs in La Liga, but last year he hit a wall.
I actually have more faith in his quality than Soucek, but you can’t have an immobile pairing like that *and* bad distribution. Lopetegui needs to start Paqueta at CM and move Kudus to the 10 with Summerville at wing. He’ll figure it out eventually, still playing with the squad.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Another 2 scorers for Kai today. Hopefully playing against EPL "defenders" doesn't cause him to pick up too many bad habits :-/

No Gruda yet for Brighton and Füllkrug only got a joker appearance for West Ham.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Durán had an opportunity to do the hammers x after his goal and I'm a bit surprised he didn't with some of his prior antics.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- LFC was baddddddd in that first half; Ipswitch should've scored at least two.

- Arsenal vs Wolves: Really bad decision-making with the ball at times from prime talents like Partey and Saliba. Martinelli is not doing it for me, the bloke plays the game too much with blinders on. Pretty much runs at the net with his head down and tries to take it himself. Kai was good, but I am not sure he's someone you can rely an entire season on, but hopefully I am wrong because he came away with a 1G 1A today. The team's lack of clinical finishing is still a concern. Oh, and Timber was a beast; it makes perfect sense why Arteta sees him as a fullback. Amazing save by Raya though.

- West Ham vs Aston Villa was super fun to watch, back and forth, with both teams exchanging chances. With that said, I hate penalties that are called because of gravity. Cash 100% gets a toe on that ball, but because his leg has to come down due to gravity, he gets the pen called against. I hate those, just like the pen last year where the bloke's foot bounces off the ball and hits the opposing player. Nonsense. Really weird with all the hype around Rogers, I thought he was trash, but everyone said he played well. Also, how is Paqueta able to play? I thought this bloke was banned for decades? Soucek cost Hammers the game, he could've gotten a hat trick today with all those missed prime chances. Fullkrug will fit perfectly with the EPL style; he just needs to get some rhythm.

- Kudus is the one who got away, he is freakin' amazing every single time I get to watch him play. I would love him over Martimessi right now.

He was bad today, but...

Salah looks so weird without hair.

He's still pretty good though.
I am 90% sure he got a hair transplant and why he got it cut.
Saka’s been the difference in an otherwise even game.
Wolves have a lot of underrated players, but Arsenal should've won by three today IMHO.

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad