Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Watched the highlights, or lack there of. Just a pathetic showing across the board. This team can’t score anymore. 9 of 12 games with 2 goals or less. Working ourselves out of a playoff spot. Looks more and more like the start of the season was a total fluke and this is the real team. It seems the more games they lose the more frustrated they get and actually play worse.

I keep thinking we will get out of this slump, but it just seems to get worse and worse. We have the rangers coming up next week, and I have zero confidence we can beat them :(
It will get worse and that is a good thing.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Dont let the depression sink in.
Most of the changes and parts we need can be had before the 20-21 campaign.
A 1B goalie and development time can happen inseason next year.
We have the assets to fix this. Holland just needs to take out some trash and get the cap space.
One trade now before the deadline.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
“We’ve got to find a way out of this,” said Nugent-Hopkins, “and it’s got to start in this room.”
A mic dropped on the floor and a nervous shuffle ensued. You could cut the 14 year old tension with a dull butter knife.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
“We’ve got to find a way out of this,” said Nugent-Hopkins, “and it’s got to start in this room.”
A mic dropped on the floor and a nervous shuffle ensued. You could cut the 14 year old tension with a dull butter knife.

Listening to Nuge is like listening to Ethan Moreau and Shawn Horcoff of yesteryears

Guy is useless af
Then again, I've been saying that for 6.5 years that he just isn't good enough

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I'm going to cancel mine too. I've only had them for a couple years but I figured watching McDavid would be worth the price of admission alone. It's not (at least not in the current obstruction/intereference environment).

Agreed.

This is my 4th and last season, I had the same thought previously that it was worth it to watch McDavid. Problem is when he doesn't show up it's definitely not worth the price of admission. The rest of the time he has to deal with the constant clutching and grabbing (the rare penalty tonight).

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
This season for RNH is perfect. LOL.
Moreover this season is very good for Holland.
And to top it all off the perfect storm with 3 or 4 other teams is a happening thing.
By this time next year Holland has a chance to look like a hockey guru.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Katz, Nicholson etc. are all products of McDavid, just like Chiarelli was. None of them have a clue and I'm not sure they really care to be honest.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Katz, Nicholson etc. are all products of McDavid, just like Chiarelli was. None of them have a clue and I'm not sure they really care to be honest.
Im quite sure Holland knows how to fix this. However im not sure he can cause it will take a major change in his MO.
He has not been exceptional at trades cause he wants value in the trade--overpaying whether its dollars or assets has been a problem for him.
I can see the way forward...sure that at least most of the management can too....part requires overpay....part requires time cause of cap(hope the cap goes up to 83), part requires timing cause of draft needs of other teams. Part requires existing contracts to expire.
And with the goaltender ...well it might require a bit of luck.
Part requires another 50/60 development time for a couple of farm hands.

But its time to spend some futures and assets to get some of the right long term pieces over the next eight months. Holland has to see draft and develop and wait wrong move for this year. Next 21 draft he can start that again.

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
upload_2019-12-28_8-41-13.jpeg

how I deal with this team struggles.

“Tyler it’s 8:30 in the morning” Meh

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
View attachment 298843
how I deal with this team struggles.

“Tyler it’s 8:30 in the morning” Meh
Damn my coffee is home made but im doing exactly this...drinking from a measuring cup cause everything dirty and cant be bothered this early to clean.
But time for me to stop being the suicide prevention hot line here and do something else useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Damn my coffee is home made but im doing exactly this...drinking from a measuring cup cause everything dirty and cant be bothered this early to clean.
But time for me to stop being the suicide prevention hot line here and do something else useful.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: This was a great post. I laughed pretty hard.

mastorofpuppetz

Dec 28, 2019
Draisaitl is terrible defensively and always has been, he turns the puck over with careless plays and does not backcheck.....something drastic needs to happen here, this org is pathetic right now. Were is the emotion? McDavid sounds like a robot in interviews, can someone show some emotion? Team looks emotionally dead. The issues here are deep, were is the leadership? McDavid is an amazing talent, but I am not convinced is has any leadership qualities. The most depressing thing about the Oilers is the lack of emotion/ apathy. The players look like they don't care, this is an indictment of our leadership and yes, our captain who people are afraid to criticise. Amazing offensive talent....but not convinced he is a leader at all, he is also guilty of shoddy backchecking and defense himself, although not as bad as lazy Leon.

RNH is not good, we have perhaps the worst second line in the league. This team needs massive changes.

On top of this, our goalies have been shit lately, it is demoralising to a team when your goalie gives up weak goals at bad times. A couple of goals an AHL goalie would stop , Koskinen was awful

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Listening to Nuge is like listening to Ethan Moreau and Shawn Horcoff of yesteryears

Guy is useless af
Then again, I've been saying that for 6.5 years that he just isn't good enough

Yeah, just as your ilk were saying for years that Petry and Dubnyk and Hall just werent good enough. Lets just continue to get rid of good players at the first opportunity for a pittance of a return.

How about, we target additions, and if it so happens that someone wants one of our roster players in return we consider it. Lets stop chasing out NHL players. Fans do this.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Not so bold prediction: the final half will consist of endless reports of McDavid wanting to be traded.

I don't think this is true (yet), but the stories are coming.

Oct 15, 2008
The Oilers have tried shuffling the deck chairs before and it got them into a worse position each time. **** it. If Holland's plan to get the farm team players ready no matter what and no around-the-edges trades, where they lose picks for nothing, so be it.

Walk into the room and tell them they have to figure it out. If their backs are against the wall and they show nothing it's not on the guy behind the bench or 200' feet above them fault. I watched 11 seconds of the game and I believe no coach or GM is going to win with what they brought.
Assemble a garbage ensemble then tell them they have to figure it out. The Steve Tambellini school of management.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yeah, just as your ilk were saying for years that Petry and Dubnyk and Hall just werent good enough. Lets just continue to get rid of good players at the first opportunity for a pittance of a return.

How about, we target additions, and if it so happens that someone wants one of our roster players in return we consider it. Lets stop chasing out NHL players. Fans do this.

I've never once said Hall was bad so don't lump me in with that group. Petry I will admit but behind the scenes, if you're in the know, even Petry himself acknowledged be wasn't ready for primetime. Dubnyk was a head case after he had his first kid and he admitted as much.

Ive always said Nuge was underwhelming but people rationalized for his lack of game because he was the best we got at center at the time.

He's just not good enough. He might as well just become a winger. There's a reason I wanted Hall back because you can't expect anything out of Nuge if he's the best player on his line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad