Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Some goofer who shows up when the team is losing to add to the incessant negative dialogue.

I've had the same outlook for several seasons now on this board regardless of who the GM has been. Good teams are built not bought. Even when we were winning this year, it was apparent that this team was riding some very fortunate stats to a modest record. Jumping on the rental market always would've done more harm than good. But you won't see me suggesting that Holland shouldn't be looking to shake up the depth of this roster. Of course this kid is yammering about Hall.
Good teams are about 80% built 20% bought but to be a good team you need depth to be able to buy the needed 20%. Something the oilers need a lot more of is depth

Reactions: belair

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
FWIW Kreuger would disagree with this and his opinion on the player is one that has risen to every new challenge thats been put on him. He has some skill, has a solid game
Is he better than Pakarinen or Slepyshev or other Euros this team has given up on in the recent past? Meh, I don’t know that he is.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I never leave games early. I always stay to the very end since I’ve paid to be there and you never know. This goes for all sporting events.

I left with 5 minutes left tonight. That was a first for me. Brutal.

Awful crowd tonight. Dead silent, absolutely embarrassing. I had this game circled since the schedule came out. Can’t wait to cancel my season tickets.
I'm going to cancel mine too. I've only had them for a couple years but I figured watching McDavid would be worth the price of admission alone. It's not (at least not in the current obstruction/intereference environment).

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
In what way?

Did he just give up the ghost and say sucking is ok? Say we’re visually better?

Because I have an extremely difficult time believing this.

They asked him if he's worried and he said no not at all, we're still in a good spot.

It would be nice if one of these guys got upset once in a while, say that this is completely unacceptable or show any kind of emotion rather than brushing it off like it's no big deal.

It IS a big deal. They're 13-16-4 (13-20) since the 7-1 start, have 4 wins in their last 15 and were just embarrassed on home ice by their chief rival.
You should be worried Connor, you should be pissed, somebody should be pissed anybody.

Reactions: RegDunlop

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Games like these make me understand why Holland isn't in it for the short-term.

The forward depth on this team is startling. We aren't one or two pieces away.
If Holland makes a trade to patch holes or gets a top 6 forward, I'm going to lose it. Stay the course and accept this season the way it is. No need to unload our first round picks just to squeeze into the playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Is he better than Pakarinen or Slepyshev or other Euros this team has given up on in the recent past? Meh, I don’t know that he is.

In that respect its trading deckchairs. But one can't fault Holland for that as those Chairs were already tossed into the ocean.

I agree with your point that its better to consolidate and sign a few players that are decent rather than more but Holland on his hunch went the bullet approach and along with Tippett wanting there to be some competition for spots and see who would fit in.

The reality is Holland was given an untenable situation here, thanks Chiaf***.

Pacman and Slepy would be more effective and could use their size in games like this.

Reactions: harpoon

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They asked him if he's worried and he said no not at all, we're still in a good spot.

It would be nice if one of these guys got upset once in a while, say that this is completely unacceptable or show any kind of emotion rather than brushing it off like it's no big deal.

It IS a big deal. They're 13-16-4 (13-20) since the 7-1 start, have 4 wins in their last 15 and were just embarrassed on home ice by their chief rival.
You should be worried Connor, you should be pissed, somebody should be pissed anybody.
Connor already knows the season is toast.

Reactions: space321

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
FWIW Kreuger would disagree with this and his opinion on the player is one that has risen to every new challenge thats been put on him. He has some skill, has a solid game, you don't get a lot of pts in Edmonton in Bottomsix and with the oilers lacking pmd, puck transition etc.

Despite the Oilers being completely chaotic Archibald, Haas, Sheahan have looked OK anyway. At least with these 3 they are playing like they want to remain in the NHL. I'm less sold on Granlund bringing it.
I don't mind Nygard either. Him and Haas are basically rookies along with Bear and Jones and PRussel. Yikes.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
From Lowe, mact, tambo, chia, and now Holland. This is the reason we have had disaster for 30 years now. We have smashed every loser record known to man, apes, and dinosaurs. Ever since the first recordings on cave walls were scribed. Even before that, but there's no written proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad