Blue Jays Discussion: End of the Hand

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I'll ask the same question about this MVP nonsense that I always ask about these individual awards. Do you really value the opinions of the BBWAA that much to care about who they think is the MVP or the best pitcher or whatever? Of course, given how much people argue with random nobodies on this board about their opinions, I shouldn't be surprised.
I could care less about individual awards. It’s exciting to watch the team you cheer for win games and championships. But if I read a headline saying Vladdy won MVP or Ray won the Cy Young I probably wouldn’t care enough to even read the article. Same goes for Hall of Fame entry. Big deal!

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
O's scored 25 runs in the 4 game series vs. the Jays

Of course they're laying an egg against lesser Yankees pitching. 6 runs in almost 3 games

Like I always say, the Yanks and Sox always have things break there way, it's like the baseball gods will them into the playoffs if they are close.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Time to break out your crushed hope quotes, @The Nemesis . Two games in a row where the Orioles will tease us but ultimately lose.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They should’ve won yesterday too. But I imagine this is how Yankees fans felt when Baltimore blew two straight leads to us in that series.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Austin Hayes is a legend lol although let's just say it how it is, Gary Sanchez is the absolute worst catcher in the league. He can't do anything right behind the bag and he's not even that good a hitter either, he's still living off of the home runs he hit in his rookie year back in 20 freaking 16

Reactions: Del Preston

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So how does everyone feel about cash nominating/ stating he is montoya for manager of the year

Terrible. Because while there may be behind the scenes things that baseball people will know about that we don't, I can't escape the fact that a) we see Charlie make dumb tactical decisions on an almost daily basis and b) it's hard to disprove that this isn't a case of the self-fulfilling prophecy of managerial impact. You know, the team is good so the manager/coach is doing a good job vs the team sucks so obviously the manager/coach has lost the room and is bombing. It's next to impossible to convince most sports people that managerial ability and team success are linked but don't necessarily have to move in lockstep or even in consistent directions.

Plus Cash is almost certainly Charlie's friend given their history in the Rays org, so of course he's going to big up his guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad