GDT: End of Season Media Availability | Players, Tocchet, Allvin | 11:00AM PST

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
One minor correction: Commando Dimbo isn't honest ALL the time, but he just doesn't know when to lie and when to be honest.

It's like saying the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet, all day, everyday.

Yeah no you can't have someone like that anywhere NEAR a microphone lol, let alone the team's GM and speaker.
Fair lol

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
only Benning is dumb enough to be honest all the time. You don't build in excuses for players who are banged up.

And what else is he gonna say yes i'm 100% healthy the fanbase would be mortified if so.

The bigger issue is how many times can you fall on that skinny knee before it's wrecked

And sure it explains some of the loss in shot power and explosiveness but Pettersson is his own boss and if he's playing needs to be accountable you cant just have horrendous body language look paused out and be stand offish.

I'll keep saying this i think he will bounce back stronger and more mature.
well we don't really know what contributed to the knee injury. maybe he needs to work on his core and lower body to strengthen it.

can we stop with the whole body langugae analysis shit? its f***ing pointless. we literally went from his body language screamed he doesn't want to be here and he wants out to, oh he got the bag and he doesn't care anymore to oh he is giving up. it's f***ing stupid. you can't tell how a guy feels unless you know the person. i mean do you think you can go down Robson and do body language analysis on everyone that walks by and think yeah i know how he is feeling? you can't so why the hell do you think you can by watching someone play on the ice.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
We need an official HF doctor to post here! Tell her to create an account 🏥

She's already annoyed with my questions, as every time a Canuck gets injured I immediately ask her what the actual timeline would be for (a) a regular person, and (b) a professional athlete :laugh:

The Boesser one was all over the place so I didn't put anything here, as without details on how it came to be the prognosis could've been anything really.

EDIT: I haven't watched these a lot in prior seasons, but it really strikes me how uncomfortable a lot of guys are in front of the camera compared to the Sedin era Canucks. Might just be a generational thing at this point, or that we were truly spoiled with how calm, cool, and collected the twins were & how that trickled down to the rest of the team.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
заплати этому человеку его деньги.
1716493418166.png

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Guy was tasked with matchup minutes against McDavid where the whole team was basically just trying to circle the wagons defensively and his ES production has to be viewed in that context.

PP - yeah, he was absolutely horrible against the heavy Edmonton pressure on zone entries and he'll need to figure out some things for next year.
I felt he was lacking offensively vs Nashville as well. I thought he took several huge crushing hits plus the sandwich early that series and figured he got injured around that point.

PP runs through him, especially with one part of the umbrella gimped with Pettersson. I hugely disliked Hughes tendency to make these huge 50 ft drop passes, upon zone entry. It was like Edler but worse, because we know one of Hughes major skills is carrying the puck to maintain puck poss. He did not seem to do much of that and at times, seemed afraid to carry the puck like he used to.

Maybe he didn’t want to use the injury excuse and cop out. But I do think he needs to bring another level offensively, or even the level that we know he has, in future playoffs.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
"Ya Petey has a knee injury that is really affecting him."

Evander Kane/Darnell Nurse deliberately go after the knee....

yeah but why insist the team doesn't lie and why go on to insinuate it's an effort issue with pettersson and not an injury issue? you're just tanking your credibility and throwing pettersson to the wolves knowing it's not just an effort issue

i don't care they "lied" about his injury. i just don't get tocchet's actions if the team and pettersson were aligned on his injury issues

Reactions: Hodgy

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Petey calling himself shit for 3 months is pretty far from canned :laugh: I'm excited to see how he comes back next year.

Demko looks completely dejected that he wasn't able to play come playoff time, really feel for the guy.
This reminds me of my San Antonio Spurs in 2013 when they lost to the Heat in the finals. They really felt as if they could have done more, that it was right there, that they left things on the table - and used it as motivation to just utterly dominate their way to the 2014 title when they realized they were capable of it and needed to seize the season to get what they lost.

Knowing what we know now about the injuries, this was actually a pretty unfortunate season for us - not a fortunate one. Our best player was literally playing through a bad knee, and our star goalie never got a chance to play in the playoffs. They're probably pissed and embarrassed they couldn't play at their full potential. They are going to be extremely hungry coming into training camp next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovofan

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
She's already annoyed with my questions, as every time a Canuck gets injured I immediately ask her what the actual timeline would be for (a) a regular person, and (b) a professional athlete :laugh:

The Boesser one was all over the place so I didn't put anything here, as without details on how it came to be the prognosis could've been anything really.

EDIT: I haven't watched these a lot in prior seasons, but it really strikes me how uncomfortable a lot of guys are in front of the camera compared to the Sedin era Canucks. Might just be a generational thing at this point, or that we were truly spoiled with how calm, cool, and collected the twins were & how that trickled down to the rest of the team.

It might be a bit of both but I also think the Sedins coming into an already established core that could help insolate them and take that pressure away helped. Notice how much better Boeser handles the media? He's the only one left who played with some of our old core, namely the Sedins.

Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander and etc. all came in during the dark days of Benning being a complete buffoon. They more or less had to learn on their own and I think that hurt them.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Silovs was arguable one of our two best players in playoffs despite having almost insurmountable amount of pressure, the other being Boeser, struggled to hold back his tears and wished to be better.

Hronek was one of our worst players in playoffs, sounded off like an arrogant douchebag when asked a question with the gentlest jab, and was the only player to do so while taking zero responsibility and no accountability.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
yeah but why insist the team doesn't lie and why go on to insinuate it's an effort issue with pettersson and not an injury issue? you're just tanking your credibility and throwing pettersson to the wolves knowing it's not just an effort issue

i don't care they "lied" about his injury. i just don't get tocchet's actions if the team and pettersson were aligned on his injury issues
Because at the same time he was calling out many players and not by name. He got asked about Pettersson directly and he made a comment of wanting to see more from him and that they needed more from him. That is 100% true. They need everyone going to be successful. They need Pettersson going to score goals. Tocchet was also upset on how the media etc ran with his comments. It was not his intention to rip Pettersson and he specifically said afterwards if that sort of thing keeps happening he will have to change how he answers media questions.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Because at the same time he was calling out many players and not by name. He got asked about Pettersson directly and he made a comment of wanting to see more from him and that they needed more from him. That is 100% true. They need everyone going to be successful. They need Pettersson going to score goals. Tocchet was also upset on how the media etc ran with his comments. It was not his intention to rip Pettersson and he specifically said afterwards if that sort of thing keeps happening he will have to change how he answers media questions.

that's not what happened

he explicitly claimed pettersson wasn't injured and that the team doesn't lie. then he continued on to say they needed to see more from pettersson. that just opens up pettersson to criticism which -- if tocchet knew about the injury -- is a really questionable thing to do for no real gain

he could have just said there's no major injury concerns with pettersson and left it at that

I don't understand why Hronek wouldn't just be honest. The media knew he was injured.

if his injury issues are chronic he might not want to acknowledge them while he's trying to sign a long term contract

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think its an accountability thing. Cole did it best though. You can admit there was an injury but then basically not talk about it and say that you/team needed to be better. Losers make excuses.

Agreed for the most part, though there's some context in there too. Cole's (agent, maybe? As some speculated) so-called "leak" about him having an injury during the 2nd round was pretty pitiful. What kind of injury forced you to screen three goals on Silovs? A crayon in the nose?

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I felt he was lacking offensively vs Nashville as well. I thought he took several huge crushing hits plus the sandwich early that series and figured he got injured around that point.

PP runs through him, especially with one part of the umbrella gimped with Pettersson. I hugely disliked Hughes tendency to make these huge 50 ft drop passes, upon zone entry. It was like Edler but worse, because we know one of Hughes major skills is carrying the puck to maintain puck poss. He did not seem to do much of that and at times, seemed afraid to carry the puck like he used to.

Maybe he didn’t want to use the injury excuse and cop out. But I do think he needs to bring another level offensively, or even the level that we know he has, in future playoffs.

They need to spend the whole season on the PP doing one-touch passing and shooting. Anyone who hangs onto it gets benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad