Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
not surprised Panthers came out flat, first 3 games were a breeze, now that Oilers showed some fight, I expect a much different Florida team in Game 5.

What? The first 3 games were not a breeze. The Oilers were substantially better than the Panthers in game 1 but Bob stood on his head over and over again. Game 2 the Panthers were clearly the better team, no debate. Game 3 the Oilers carried much of the play and were the slightly better team, it was a toss up. Game 4 was complete domination by the Oilers.

To suggest the first 3 games were a breeze does not comport with reality.

It was only a matter of time thankfully before the Oilers broke through the way the did after how many chances they had.

Following 3 straight losses under Knob the Oilers went 8-0, 16-0, and 5-0 during the regular season. To go 29-0 under a coach following 3 consecutive losses is pretty insane.

If they get a win in Florida this becomes a completely new series. Florida still clearly in the drivers seat but this could get very interesting.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Anyone that thinks teams lose playoff games on the road on purpose so they can win the cup at home is insane. These guys are professional athletes, coaches, staff….. anything can happen at any time, including career altering injuries, not one of these people want to play any more games than they have to to get the results they need. Would they like to win at home in front of their fans? Sure. Do they feel less accomplished if they close it out on the road to win a championship? Absolutely not.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Anyone that thinks teams lose playoff games on the road on purpose so they can win the cup at home is insane. These guys are professional athletes, coaches, staff….. anything can happen at any time, including career altering injuries, not one of these people want to play any more games than they have to to get the results they need. Would they like to win at home in front of their fans? Sure. Do they feel less accomplished if they close it out on the road to win a championship? Absolutely not.
This right here.

Thomas Tatar

Unlucky game, if Florida scores on one of those 2 posts the game plays out completely different

I guess Florida fans get to watch them win the cup at home
Could say the same thing about games 1 and 3 for Florida, no? Where Oilers had way more high danger chances they could and should have scored on. This is finally a game where the luck went the Oilers way for once and deservedly so. And when it does, it sure makes Bob and the Panthers look like an average team. The Panthers haven’t let 8 goals in all season, the Oilers probably could have scored more as well. If this doesn’t get people to acknowledge how good this Oilers team is, then they are lying to themselves or just trolling.

But I am still in the camp if it’s too little too late unfortunately - really needed this to be the 2-2 game.

They didn't "completely bulldoze" the other games. Those mostly were goalie diff. This game, too, mostly was goalie diff. This time in the opposing direction.
Bingo. Define ‘Bulldoze’ lol. What a bad take.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Reminds me of when Edmonton was outplayed by Dallas and then next match turned it around and was clearly the better team.

But it was 3-2 dalllas at that pont, not 3-0 .

It will be very hard but not impossible - not with mcDavid and Draisaitl .

I wouldn't mind Edmonton winning , especially for McDavids legacy .

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Edmonton can hang a banner on opening night that reads, "Beat the Panthers, Plain and Simple in game 4"
they are still bragging about Nurse's "game 4" against Stars. What's he had 2 or 3 noteworthy games out of 21?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Edmonton woke up last night and realized they could score on Bob. Game 5 ia going to be interesting . How is Florida going to respond and did Edmonton use all their gas in game 4? I am sure the panthers fans prefer the gentlemen sweep to lift the cup at home.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Edmonton woke up last night and realized they could score on Bob. Game 5 ia going to be interesting . How is Florida going to respond and did Edmonton use all their gas in game 4? I am sure the panthers fans prefer the gentlemen sweep to lift the cup at home.
Gentleman’s sweep is losing game 1 and winning games 2-3-4-5

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Reminds me of when Edmonton was outplayed by Dallas and then next match turned it around and was clearly the better team.

But it was 3-2 dalllas at that pont, not 3-0 .

It will be very hard but not impossible - not with mcDavid and Draisaitl .

I wouldn't mind Edmonton winning , especially for McDavids legacy .
I like FLA's style, heavy forechecking. Reminds me of the 70's and 80's.

Although, it looks like EDM has figured out how to break the Forecheck. Reminds me of the the Left Wing Lock DET played or Nuetral Zone Trap NJ played, once you figure how to break it. It can be a G nightmare.

TB was good at breaking it when they were younger, you would see Kuecherov hanging out by the blue line waiting for the long pass to get behind the D. Resulted in a lot of breakaways. I am not an expert, but that is what it reminds me of. Somebody that knows more of the X & Os of hockey's input would be interesting. If EDM with their speed and skill figured it out, things could get interesting.

As for TB, TB lost too much to the cap to really exploit that game 3. TB is a shell of what we used to be. Plus, Cooper's turtle up and block 150 shots a night ends up beating the team up even more. Last few yours guys could barely walk during playoffs! COL really showed it in the Cup Finals a few years ago. It hasn't gotten better with age!

Reactions: matsqq

millax

Dec 24, 2005
One game at a time. Game 5 is going to be the toughest game the Oilers will play all season. If they can grind it out and get a win then game 6 will be the toughest game all season etc.
The Panthers have 3 days to think about it. I don't expect them to let in 8 again.. but I don't expect the Oilers to get shutout again either.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I am neutral, but when everybody expects Cats to win, to lose 1-8 in a game is hard to digest.
Even they win in 5, this loss is a shame.
I'm in it for the fun of it and it'd be incredible if the Cats hoist the Cup. But if the Oilers somehow, in someway, are able to pull it off, you got to respect it, especially being down 3-0. That completely turns the narrative 180.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Losing 8-1 is a big wake up call to Florida, They need to realize that winning game 4 of a 7 game series is the hardest game to win. Florida needs to bear down and find that next level in shutting down the Oilers and making good on their scoring chances to win the next game. The Oilers are not going to roll over, they will bring it. We will see which of the two exerts their will in game 5.

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I don’t care who you cheer for or who your favourite team is.

Personally I’m not Edmonton fan whatsoever, but anyone who tries to play down how good Mcdavid is and uses ridiculous comments like “doesn’t play D” “can’t score” “isn’t a playoff player” “mccrybaby” etc. deserves to be completely ignored

What a blessing it is to see a talent like that in finals. What a performance
I'm an Oil fan for this series and liking what I saw in game 4.

I also hate Tkachuk and that dirty Florida team to boot 😃

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I only watched like the first 25 minutes of the game, but the Panthers played like absolute crap. It happens. As a fan of this team for 30 years, I can assure you that it actually happens quite a lot.
The Panthers play a style that must be absolutely exhausting and it has to be very difficult to keep up. They looked worn out last night.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
What was that stat Sportsnet flashed about teams getting a chance to clinch their first cup ever? All teams were 0-5 in the context they provided.

I think nerves played a massive part in how the Panthers played last night. They looked tight and nervous for most of the night. All the WAGs being their definitely effected things and made everything that much more prominent.

Oilers will see a much different Panthers team on Tuesday. Game 5 should be a doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad