GDT: End of Season Media Availability | Players, Tocchet, Allvin | 11:00AM PST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
that's not what happened

he explicitly claimed pettersson wasn't injured and that the team doesn't lie. then he continued on to say they needed to see more from pettersson. that just opens up pettersson to criticism which -- if tocchet knew about the injury -- is a really questionable thing to do for no real gain

he could have just said there's no major injury concerns with pettersson and left it at that

if his injury issues are chronic he might not want to acknowledge them while he's trying to sign a long term contract
That's how you read things. Not necessarily what actually happened. If Tocchet was comfortable with how it was talked about in the media he wouldn't have he said after the fact about how he might have to change his answers to questions moving forward.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
@Vector after transcribing everything

w0p99D.gif

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Pettersson had knee tendinitis, according to Tocchet. I get it and it's annoying as hell and painful but doesn't cause any long term damage.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Pettersson had knee tendinitis, according to Tocchet. I get it and it's annoying as hell and painful but doesn't cause any long term damage.

Very strange that they wouldn't shut him down unless it wasn't a majority issue that wasn't significantly affecting his play.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Allvin: I don’t think anyone expects Mikheyev to be a top 6 player… (goes on to say he’s a mid 6 player)

At 4.75m, that’s interesting to hear. Still think they trade him.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Without going back and looking I imagine the Canucks cap situation was fairly tight and perhaps they couldn't even afford to sit Pettersson and still bring someone up to fill in, without using LTIR?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Allvin: I don’t think anyone expects Mikheyev to be a top 6 player… (goes on to say he’s a mid 6 player)

At 4.75m, that’s interesting to hear. Still think they trade him.

He cannot see another cock sucking minute on the top 9, never ever again, no ifs or buts, PERIOD.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I think its an accountability thing. Cole did it best though. You can admit there was an injury but then basically not talk about it and say that you/team needed to be better. Losers make excuses.
Fans need to realize that some might be honest while others will refuse to give you and them the excuse you're looking for because they believe in it.

If you participate making the "i could have been better if i wasn't hurt" excuse is lame.

How are players suppose to feel if every time they beat someone the losers say yes well i wasn't 100%......devaluing your sport and accomplishments.

Pettersson has 90million reasons to take off some of the heat but i hope i never hear that again from him

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lol Petey - "Been a noisy season with the contract and how shit I've been the last few months"

Lol he’s not saying he was mediocre, he’s saying he was shit! Love it, taking full accountability. He’ll be back with vengeance and play with a chip on his shoulders, wants to prove the haters wrong, probably going to have a great offseason of training.

Reactions: DFAC

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Tocchet showing more accountability for a round 2 game 7 loss than the entire Leafs organization has shown over the last 8 years combined - love this guy.

Interesting that Allvin has touched on practice habbits on multiple instances unprompted, saying certain guys need to be better next year in practice to prepare themselves better for the high pressure games in the second half of the season/playoffs.

Lots of talk about guys in Abby having taken steps and that they anticipate them being in the lineup next year - curious who he thinks can step up beyond a 4th line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad