GDT: End of Season Media Availability | Players, Tocchet, Allvin | 11:00AM PST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Big yikes if he wasn't injured. Mr IWant8Million looked like crap down the stretch and had some downright awful moments in the playoffs.

That interaction alone paints me a picture of someone who's incapable of looking at his own faults, and is constantly shifting and blaming others for his own shortcoming.

Again, very plausible that I'm overreacting. But if not, this is a royal red flag for me.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This raises a concern for me about Hronek.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this attitude of his, it just screams locker room poison. How can someone be so full of himself when he played so badly when it mattered the most? Yeah I'm an introvert too, but when it comes down to it, I can fake being a social person. Do I want to? Abso f***ing lutely not, but I know I have to, so I bite down and do what I need to do.
Agreed, made me dislike the guy more. Came across like an entitled prick without the play to back it up. Zadorov >>>> Hronek

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Zadorov is looking more and more like a James Bond villain to me. And I LOVE it.
giphy.gif

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ugh, watching this is just depressing me at the thought of Zadorov walking. He's so articulate in his answers and offers good perspective.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Blueger:
-all enjoyed playing under Tocchet
-best part was the locker room; so much fun to come to work every day
-would be nice to get another crack at it with this group
-having a taste of success makes you hungrier
-bar has been raised

Zadorov:
-has been great; got traded to one of the top teams in the league
-had fun every day
-is proud of the team
-they feel like they fell a little bit short
-"Why do you think I've priced myself out of here? How do you think I should be making"
-"Don't listen to those Edmonton reporters"
-numbers are only between his agent and Patrik
-hopefully can work something out
-when you play with great players and great coaches, it helps your game a lot
-has been on a few teams so have something to compare to, "unfortunately"
-hard to win in this league
-get more obessed with winning
-hockey in Canada is different
-Vancouver fanbase is way bigger; Flames aren't even the #1 team in Alberta
-Vancouver is a different level; fans were so hungry to see playoff hockey at home
-his family loves it here

Suter:
-playoffs reminded him of the playoffs in Switzerland just with better players
-doesn't bother him where he plays in the line-up

Garland:
-didn't like our game in game six
-had the series in control a couple of times but didn't play great in game 4
-going to be a team that everyone is aware of
-just want to get better over the summer
-only thing is you want to win a championship
-in reality, only got halfway there

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Zadorov is sure talking like a guy who wants to come back. Pumps up the fanbase, talks about his family loving it here, talks about how he loves the room, taking shots at the Flames, seemingly downplays his contract demands. Hometown discount?

See, this is one of those cases where I think we are in a position to credibly ask for discount. The team is playing well, and the players are having a good time together, we got a good coach and competent management.

Back in the Reign of Error if we ask for hometown discount most players would laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad