Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
With Dvo out, there is one spot in the top 14 if we go 7D:

Caufield Suzuki _________
Slaf Dach Newhook
RHP Monahan Anderson
Gallagher Evans Ylonen
Pez, Armia

Guhle Savard
Matheson Barron
Harris Xhekaj
Kovacevic

Montembault
Allen

Primeau, DeSmith, Wideman in Laval. Basically, Heineman has to beat out Primeau, DeSmith, Wideman, and all the other young guys like Beck and Roy who will also be pushing.
This is how I would solve things going into the season if Dvorak is out:

Caufield Suzuki Monahan
Slaf Dach Newhook
RHP Beck (9-game tryout) Anderson
Gallagher Evans Ylonen
Pez, Armia

Matheson - Guhle
Harris - Kovcevic
Xhekaj - Savard
Barron

Montembault
Allen

Reactions: bentheprop

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
This is how I would solve things going into the season if Dvorak is out:

Caufield Suzuki Monahan
Slaf Dach Newhook
RHP Beck (9-game tryout) Anderson
Gallagher Evans Ylonen
Pez, Armia

Matheson - Guhle
Harris - Kovcevic
Xhekaj - Savard
Barron

Montembault
Allen
Newhook is a LW
Gallagher is an RW
Guhle is a LD!

Stop putting people in the wrong positions, please.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
IMO, also, if Dach starts at C, and Heineman or Roy have a strong camp, those prospects get a longer look and might get a chance to start the season in Montreal.

TBH, considering Dach will possibly get Newhook as a sidecar, to let Newhook starting the top-6, I think both youngsters would benefit from playing with a veteran like Monahan (so would Caufield and Suzuki, mind you).

We need to find a replacement RW for Caufield and Suzuki -- and the answer isn't Anderson (not enough hockey IQ to complete the other two properly). It also isn't Gallagher (not a first line winger) and not Dvorak (who doesn't have the offensive upside to help the younger players progress to a new level).

Heineman has similar traits to Anderson,but better hockey IQ, IMO.

Roy has the best hockey IQ to complement Caufield and Suzuki, but it's likely too soon, IMO. Those concerned about his skating shouldn't be with Roy playing alongside Suzuki and Caufield, if that were to happen. It's not like he would need to keep up with those two who aren't exactly known as Roadrunners either.

Maybe things can shape up like this instead, if one of Heineman or Roy make the team out of camp and beck gets a short term tryout while Dvorak is out to start the season?

MonaHab/Caufield - Suzuki - Caufield/MonaHab
Newhook - Dach - Anderson
RHP - Bech - Heineman (Kid line)
Ylonen - Evans - Gallagher

Matheson - Guhle
Harris - Kovacevic
Xhekaj - Savard
Barron

Mount Mambo
Jake - The Snake - Allen

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Newhook is a LW
Gallagher is an RW
Guhle is a LD!

Stop putting people in the wrong positions, please.
I copy pasted for Gallagher who, IMO, I agree, should not play LW.

For Newhook, if we are looking to capitalize on his quality shot, he should play RW!

MSL also likes to see his wingers on their off wing if they are good shooters. We have seen this with Caufield.

For Newhook, who has decent defensive acumen and speed, it should not be a problem the back check for defensive assignments. Offensively, the speed factor should help him gain center ice over defenders and have better shooting angles from his off side.

However, I do share, generally speaking, your aversion to players playing on their offside. However, that holds truer, with me, for Ds, because of the need to keep pucks in the O-zone at the blue line. Fielding pucks on the backhand makes more difficult for Ds to do as much.

Guhle, ideally, shouldn't be on the first pairing and, yes, not on his offside, but, for now, he remains the best suited for the role.

It definitely shouldn't be Barron. Matheson - Barron is a defensive disaster waiting to happen.

Savard won't have enough gas to make into X-Mas with those minutes.

Kovacevic does not have the offensive upside to keep with Matheson. Anyone else would be playing their offside as well, without the offensive upside to pull it off.

Barring Reinbacher making the NHL out of camp (which I don't believe should happen, for his development's sake), Gullies the best option play with Matheson, even if it is on his offside.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Our forward group is really versatile now that Dach and Monahan can both play center and wing.

But I think we should explore the idea of giving Slaf a long look in the top6 early this season. If he does not hold his own, Anderson, RHP, Monahan and Newhook will fight for a spot there with these two as well.

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Monahan
RHP - Dvorak - Anderson
Heineman - Evans/Beck - Gallagher

Ylonen, Pezzeta, Roy, Armia, Farrel and Andersson will all fight for a spot too.

Big camp coming up.

Best thing that could happen is that Dach develop a duo chemistry with Newhook or Slafkovsky just like Nick and Cole are.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If Dvo starts and there’s no surprises at camp I’d go with:

Monahan Suzuki Caufield
Newhook Dach Anderson
Slaf DVo Gally
RHP Evans Ylonen

Matheson Lidstrom
Guhle Savard
Xhekaj/Harris Kovy

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I copy pasted for Gallagher who, IMO, I agree, should not play LW.

For Newhook, if we are looking to capitalize on his quality shot, he should play RW!

MSL also likes to see his wingers on their off wing if they are good shooters. We have seen this with Caufield.

For Newhook, who has decent defensive acumen and speed, it should not be a problem the back check for defensive assignments. Offensively, the speed factor should help him gain center ice over defenders and have better shooting angles from his off side.

However, I do share, generally speaking, your aversion to players playing on their offside. However, that holds truer, with me, for Ds, because of the need to keep pucks in the O-zone at the blue line. Fielding pucks on the backhand makes more difficult for Ds to do as much.

Guhle, ideally, shouldn't be on the first pairing and, yes, not on his offside, but, for now, he remains the best suited for the role.

It definitely shouldn't be Barron. Matheson - Barron is a defensive disaster waiting to happen.

Savard won't have enough gas to make into X-Mas with those minutes.

Kovacevic does not have the offensive upside to keep with Matheson. Anyone else would be playing their offside as well, without the offensive upside to pull it off.

Barring Reinbacher making the NHL out of camp (which I don't believe should happen, for his development's sake), Gullies the best option play with Matheson, even if it is on his offside.
Newhook is not a goalscorer though, there's no reason to put him on his off-wing.

I mean the only reason MSL is using Cole on his off-wing is because he's a pure sniper and he wants him to be able to be ready to get one-timers on the net all the time.

We don't need to move everybody on their off-wing all of a sudden...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If Dvo starts and there’s no surprises at camp I’d go with:

Monahan Suzuki Caufield
Newhook Dach Anderson
Slaf DVo Gally
RHP Evans Ylonen

Matheson Lidstrom
Guhle Savard
Xhekaj/Harris Kovy

I'd rather see Slaf play with a bit more talent & I think it's unlikely Armia doesn't make the opening night roster...

CC Suzuki Newhook
RHP Dach Anderson
Slaf DVo Monahan
Armia Evans Gally
Ylonen/Pez

Very curious to see how Barron shows up. After his solid WC, I could see him ready to take an opening night spot

Matheson Barron/Lindstrom
Guhle Savard
Xhekaj Harris
Kovacevic

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Newhook is not a goalscorer though, there's no reason to put him on his off-wing.

I mean the only reason MSL is using Cole on his off-wing is because he's a pure sniper and he wants him to be able to be ready to get one-timers on the net all the time.

We don't need to move everybody on their off-wing all of a sudden...
I don't think that moving Newhook to his off wing would represent a systemic move of wingers to their offside.

I also think that exploiting Newhook's shot more with him playing on his offside would've him a better role on a team that needs scorers. Newhook has a quality shot and, with a will to shoot more, there's no reason he can't be goal scorer. Analyzing a player through his stats, to date, is not always properly indicative take on a player.

Just saying...

Also, playing on you off wing isn't just teneficialwhen it comes to one-timers. It's beneficial when you cut to the net with the puck on your stick or when you just outright shoot the puck, with more angles to fool the opposing G.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'd rather see Slaf play with a bit more talent & I think it's unlikely Armia doesn't make the opening night roster...

CC Suzuki Newhook
RHP Dach Anderson
Slaf DVo Monahan
Armia Evans Gally
Ylonen/Pez

Very curious to see how Barron shows up. After his solid WC, I could see him ready to take an opening night spot

Guhle Savard
Xhekaj Harris
Kovacevic
People need to stop pencilling in Barron as a 1st pairing partner for Matheson -- defensive meltdown waiting to happen. You want to scrap a kid's confidence? Maybe on a PP wave, but not at even strength, please.

If you're going to play Newhook on RW with Caufiled and Suzuki, let's hope that Heineman has an impressive camp and makes the opening day roster?

CC Suzuki Newhook
Slafkovsky Dach Anderson
RHP Monahan Heineman
Armia Evans Gally
Ylonen/Pez

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Slaf Dach Newhook
RHP Monahan Anderson
Gallagher Evans Ylonen
Pez, Armia

Guhle Savard
Matheson Barron
Harris Xhekaj
Kovacevic

Montembault
Allen

Primeau, DeSmith, Wideman in Laval. Basically, Heineman has to beat out Primeau, DeSmith, Wideman, and all the other young guys like Beck and Roy who will also be pushing.
With so many NHL contracts no way Beck makes the team. Why rush him?

Reactions: HabsQC

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

CC Suzuki Newhook
RHP Dach Anderson
Slaf DVo Monahan
Armia Evans Gally
Ylonen/Pez

Guhle Savard
Xhekaj Harris
Kovacevic
I really and truly do not see Barron being able to take on that role. I would actually use our veteran Dmen together as our situational go to. I would try Barron with Ghule as a pure PMD combo and then Xhekaj with one of Harris Lindstrom Kovacevic as a third pairing. For me Barron will never be a top pairing guy and should concentrate on trying to hold down a second pairing job for now. I mean he's even possibly a third pairing guy in the not too distant future if thing work out as they should.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Slaf Dach Newhook
RHP Monahan Anderson
Gallagher Evans Ylonen
Pez, Armia

Guhle Savard
Matheson Barron
Harris Xhekaj
Kovacevic

Montembault
Allen

I forgot Evans was still on this team haha. I don’t think he will be around much longer tbh.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
People need to stop pencilling in Barron as a 1st pairing partner for Matheson -- defensive meltdown waiting to happen. You want to scrap a kid's confidence? Maybe on a PP wave, but not at even strength, please.

If you're going to play Newhook on RW with Caufiled and Suzuki, let's hope that Heineman has an impressive camp and makes the opening day roster?

CC Suzuki Newhook
Slafkovsky Dach Anderson
RHP Monahan Heineman
Armia Evans Gally
Ylonen/Pez

People need to stop treating the actual NHL roster like a video game...

Guhle, Harris & Kovacevic were the leading ES dmen after Matheson & Savard last season (Edmundson is gone).

So unless you assume Matheson & Savard will be paired together (possible), then Matheson's partner will be one of Barron, Lindstrom, Harris, Kovacevic.

I don't think we start the year with Matheson/Savard, largely because Im assuming the team would rather pair both vets with younger players rather than having both 2nd & 3rd pairings without a player to have played a full NHL season yet.

If they go that route (splitting the vets), I'd imagine that the ES ice time for the "1st & 2nd" pair to be very even.

I think Barron is the most likely of that group to earn the assignment based on his play last season & last summer... But not really knowing much about Lindstrom, I also won't be surprised to see him slotted there.

Reactions: rahad

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I really and truly do not see Barron being able to take on that role. I would actually use our veteran Dmen together as our situational go to. I would try Barron with Ghule as a pure PMD combo and then Xhekaj with one of Harris Lindstrom Kovacevic as a third pairing. For me Barron will never be a top pairing guy and should concentrate on trying to hold down a second pairing job for now. I mean he's even possibly a third pairing guy in the not too distant future if thing work out as they should.

Certainly possible that they pair the vets. If the focus was on the playoffs this year, I'd see that as the more likely way to start... But the offseason moves suggest that this is still very much a development focused year (otherwise they'd have kept Petry).

With that priority, I think we'll see Savard used in a mentoring role with one of the green LDs for good portions of the year.

Long term, I'm clearly more bullish on Barron than you are... certainly isn't a lock for becoming a legit top pairing 20+min/night fixture, but I hope you're wrong.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With so many NHL contracts no way Beck makes the team. Why rush him?

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd rather Beck go back to Junior and play in the world Juniors.

But, some players take another step or two over the summer. If he beats out other vets during training camp I think we have to look at where he is at. Can always send him back to Junior later during the season. But like I said, I see him playing in Junior this year.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Waiver eligibility will come into play.
And most definitely should. We have seen many errors committed by past Habs regimes ( one offs usually not a thing but patterns / approach hurt ) and one that happened under Houle and Gainey was moving guys and not knowing what we had. So I'm all for giving as many guys as possible real shots. So Heinman maybe a bit better than Ylonen ? Well Ylonen we lose on waivers and Heineman we don't, so Ylonen stays and he gets a fair shot. No damage will happen to Heinman having to wait a bit. Some, many, might argue the 14 best forwards make the team and that's that, and I get it , I just disagree.

Reactions: bsl and Belial

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This being a Heineman thread, I'll re-iterate here that I think he's the most likely of our non-pencilled in prospects to force himself into the opening night roster.

Especially if Dvo starts out or another top 9 lock gets hurt before game 1
I agree. Had 7 goals in 11 games last season in Laval

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I can’t remember the last time our farm team had this amount of rookie prospect talent going into their first pro year?
2012-13. Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Bournival, Holland, Ellis, Pateryn, Kristo, Quailer. All were 'legit' prospects at the time. A few more guys came at the end of the season as well. Of course that meant Joey Tenute and Mike Blunden needed to be on the first line.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
2012-13. Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Bournival, Holland, Ellis, Pateryn, Kristo, Quailer. All were 'legit' prospects at the time. A few more guys came at the end of the season as well. Of course that meant Joey Tenute and Mike Blunden needed to be on the first line.
In think this group is much better.

Gally is close to Roy as a prospect. Beaulieu and Tinordi are probably similar to Mailloux and Struble.

But then you add Farrell, Kidney, Mesar, Heineman.

And you know we’ll have a second wave next year with Beck, Hutson, Reinbacher, etc.

No comparison IMO

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
People need to stop treating the actual NHL roster like a video game...

Guhle, Harris & Kovacevic were the leading ES dmen after Matheson & Savard last season (Edmundson is gone).

So unless you assume Matheson & Savard will be paired together (possible), then Matheson's partner will be one of Barron, Lindstrom, Harris, Kovacevic.

I don't think we start the year with Matheson/Savard, largely because Im assuming the team would rather pair both vets with younger players rather than having both 2nd & 3rd pairings without a player to have played a full NHL season yet.

If they go that route (splitting the vets), I'd imagine that the ES ice time for the "1st & 2nd" pair to be very even.

I think Barron is the most likely of that group to earn the assignment based on his play last season & last summer... But not really knowing much about Lindstrom, I also won't be surprised to see him slotted there.
Kovacevic over Barron, actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad