Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
These are good players. But to win you need elite players and very good players. Point, Hedman, Kucherov, Stamkos, Vasilevski, Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Letang, Makar, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, Carlsson, Kane, Toews, Keith, Hossa, ...

St. Louis were an exception.

I think Habs have already their star offensive players with Suzuki, Dach and Caufield. They have talent to dominate every season. Habs just need to build around these 3. Slafkovsky is a great start to help them, Slaf have a star two-way powerforward potential aswell. Rumors of Dubois aswell... that's going to be fantastic to watch!

Add Heineman, Beck, Roy, Farrell, Mesar, RHP, Ylonen and more in that line-up and Habs have really good offensive group.

With the high pick this year... that would set forward group ou defensive group (Smith, Benson or Reinbacher to me).

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I think Habs have already their star offensive players with Suzuki, Dach and Caufield. They have talent to dominate every season. Habs just need to build around these 3. Slafkovsky is a great start to help them, Slaf have a star two-way powerforward potential aswell. Rumors of Dubois aswell... that's going to be fantastic to watch!

Add Heineman, Beck, Roy, Farrell, Mesar, RHP, Ylonen and more in that line-up and Habs have really good offensive group.

With the high pick this year... that would set forward group ou defensive group (Smith, Benson or Reinbacher to me).
Haha I always like the optimism in your posts; it’s way more fun than the usual cynicism!

I have a « kevskill » multiplyer in mind when it comes to probable output; but your projection is so much more fun :)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

It is possible Dach, Suzuki and Caufield will be elite stars. I'd just like, at the least, to try to make sure we have elite stars by drafting high.

But hopefully Slaf pans out and we get Dubois. Because that would at least be 5 very good top six forwards. And I really like Roy's potential long term. It may take him a few years to get there.

Really interested to see who we pick with both our 1sts this year. There should be potential impact players at 17. And I could see HuGo trying to move up to 13 o 14.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
It is possible Dach, Suzuki and Caufield will be elite stars. I'd just like, at the least, to try to make sure we have elite stars by drafting high.

But hopefully Slaf pans out and we get Dubois. Because that would at least be 5 very good top six forwards. And I really like Roy's potential long term. It may take him a few years to get there.

Really interested to see who we pick with both our 1sts this year. There should be potential impact players at 17. And I could see HuGo trying to move up to 13 o 14.
We'll be selecting Fantilli (lottery 2nd slot). Thats my prediction.. then acquiring PLD with the FLA 1st.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I appreciate Kevskill as he brings his Dad (S Bah) enthusiasm back to the board.
One of the things I appreciated the most about S Bah's posting was his ability of threading the line between mental insanity and optimism on a level that I've probably never witnessed in my lifetime. But he did, and it was pure art.

Last edited:

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
If our 2023 first round pick doesn't start in the NHL I would like Heineman to start there at camp even though it goes against my AHL first criteria. Anderson isn't the guy, proven, Slaf isn't ready, Hoffman no, just no. Farrell, too small. No one else.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
If our 2023 first round pick doesn't start in the NHL I would like Heineman to start there at camp even though it goes against my AHL first criteria. Anderson isn't the guy, proven, Slaf isn't ready, Hoffman no, just no. Farrell, too small. No one else.

Calgary's 1st round pick that we have may be the most exciting coming attraction, because they are going to suck balls in that draft year

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So it’s not top 10 protected?
Yes and no, it depends what happens with the Florida 1st which was top 10 protected in the Tkachuk trade.

If Calgary is top 10, but Florida isn't, Habs get Florida's 1st.
If neither are top 10, Habs gets which ever is better between Calgary and Florida.
If both are top 10 and Calgary doesn't win the 1st oa, Habs get Calgary's first.
If both are top 10 and Calgary win the 1st oa, Habs get Calgary 2026 1st instead.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yes and no, it depends what happens with the Florida 1st which was top 10 protected in the Tkachuk.

If neither are top 10, Habs gets which ever is better between Calgary and Florida.
If both are top 10 and Calgary doesn't win the 1st oa, Habs get Calgary's first.
If both are top 10 and Calgary win the 1st oa, Habs get Calgary 2026 1st instead.
Thanks. Wow byzantine lol. Won’t remember this. Still pretty good.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Thanks. Wow byzantine lol. Won’t remember this. Still pretty good.

1682707518336.png

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Calgary's 1st round pick that we have may be the most exciting coming attraction, because they are going to suck balls in that draft year

I wouldn't think it will be that exciting unless you think the panthers will suck during the '24-'25 season as I don't see us getting the Flames 1st for the '24 draft so we are likely looking at the '25 draft.

The problem with picking in '25 is the panthers, if you assume they don't end up with a top 10 pick, then that's the likely pick we would end up with unless the Flames are better then them.

Reactions: Habs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
For those that watched a lot of his Laval games and/or caught some of his season in Europe, what's the sense that he has a shot at claiming a top-6 opening day spot?

Is it crazy to think that he could take the RW spot on a top line with Suzuki and CC without being overwhelmed/looking out of place?

or will he need more time to challenge for a top-6 role?

Between him, RHP, Roy, Ylonen and Farrell, it will be fascinating to see if any (or, better still, many!) of them show up at camp ready to transition into a full-time NHL role.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For those that watched a lot of his Laval games and/or caught some of his season in Europe, what's the sense that he has a shot at claiming a top-6 opening day spot?

Is it crazy to think that he could take the RW spot on a top line with Suzuki and CC without being overwhelmed/looking out of place?

or will he need more time to challenge for a top-6 role?

Between him, RHP, Roy, Ylonen and Farrell, it will be fascinating to see if any (or, better still, many!) of them show up at camp ready to transition into a full-time NHL role.

I wouldn't rush him, let's see how his off-season goes, he needs to add some mass and strength. If he really impresses then I hope they put in him in the top 9, if not then start in Laval to continue to work on his offensive game. He had a hot start but did finish with just 1 point in 6 games. Spending time in Laval shouldn't hurt but we'll see how he looks at camp.

Reactions: 1909 and Oryxo

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Best Scenario: Calgary trade Florida first round pick in 2025 and finish 2 OA (Not 1OA.)
Achtualy, if Calgary is 1OA in 2025, then we get the best of Calgary or Florida in 2026, and if one of them is 1OV, then we get it.

Or I think.

It's going to be fun to see this one unfold with all the exceptions and special cases. Unless Hugues weirdly decide to end it all in 2024 and pick the option.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Achtualy, if Calgary is 1OA in 2025, then we get the best of Calgary or Florida in 2026, and if one of them is 1OV, then we get it.

Or I think.

It's going to be fun to see this one unfold with all the exceptions and special cases. Unless Hugues weirdly decide to end it all in 2024 and pick the option.
The key seems to be Florida not giving the Flames their 2025 pick.

I mean, I expect Florida to be a playoff team in 2025. So if they are we probably get that pick.

So I'm wondering what are the scenarios where Florida doesn't give Calgary their 2025 1st? I know one is it's a top 10 pick. I guess another might be Florida trades it to load up for a playoff run? And another, Calgary gets it and trades it - which seems unlikely if they're at the bottom of the standings.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Yes and no, it depends what happens with the Florida 1st which was top 10 protected in the Tkachuk trade.

Unless there is more than one partridge in the pear tree. In that case
we get to chose Calgary's 2024 or St Louis 2026.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Man watching some of those AHL highlights of him and this kid’s a gamer. He’s like a less physical more skilled Anderson with a brain. And not unlike Patches pre-Chara too

Looks like a dream boat of a complimentary winger. Hopefully injuries aren’t an issue. Otherwise he’s a top 9 lock with that speed, size shot combo. He’s really good at getting open too. He’s low key slept on. He’ll be a fan favourite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad