Value of: Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
The team with the best chance to make it happen is Columbus or new jersey if they want him but Columbus offer is the best one I've seen

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Pass. That gets Pettersson alone, but not also 40 goal scorer on a great contract.

Feel free to bookmark my offer. You have my permission to call me an idiot when a team pays more for EP alone. Just do it in the DMs so you don’t get a warning.

Have a good day/night sir (miss?). :)

Counter: Petterson, Kuzmenko and Demko for Dhalin(signed) and Cozens.

No goalie in return? Odd counter offer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why would the Avs give up Rantanen?

Both pettersson and Rantanen are 4th to 8th best at their position and 13th - 25th range in the NHL

Rantanen is a proven great playoff player, a home grown and loved player for the Avs management and fanbase and took 9.2M last time (when he could have gotten more)

They can extend Rantanen at 11.5-12M which is as good a bet as getting Pettersson and signing him at a similar deal.

Avs should move Girard + pick for a average 2C if they want one. Dont think they need an elite 2C behind Mackinnon with how strong the defense still is

Because having two #1Cs is far more important than having a 1C and 1W. The difference between the best wingers in the game and the best Centers is absolutely massive.

Honestly with age, contract status, position all factored in it's a really easy decision if the Avs were able to make it.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
Feel free to bookmark my offer. You have my permission to call me an idiot when a team pays more for EP alone. Just do it in the DMs so you don’t get a warning.

Have a good day/night sir (miss?). :)
It’s not a bad offer or insulting, it just doesn’t make alot of sense. Like Kuzmenko is the type of player you hope Benson and/or Peterka can become, but are far from slam dunks. I think Pettersson goes for a similar package that you listed minus either Krebs/Middelstadt or Peterka.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The team with the best chance to make it happen is Columbus or new jersey if they want him but Columbus offer is the best one I've seen
This is one time where the Devils just sit back and say "we good" and watch the craziness continue.

Please call when Q. Hughes is available though.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah... I dont think Columbus offers Jiricek even for Pettersson. The hole it creates in the organization becomes as big as the one they would fill with Pettersson. It probably starts with Johnson+Boqvist/Peeke+

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Because having two #1Cs is far more important than having a 1C and 1W. The difference between the best wingers in the game and the best Centers is absolutely massive.

Honestly with age, contract status, position all factored in it's a really easy decision if the Avs were able to make it.
Disagree not that much difference between the top wingers and top centers

Kucherov has been as impactful and valuable as Mack/Draisaitl since 2017 and has been up for 2nd best player in the league behind a 97

Pettersson as great as he is doesnt have the consistency of Rantanen nor the chemistry with Mack

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This is one time where the Devils just sit back and say "we good" and watch the craziness continue.

Please call when Q. Hughes is available though.
After years of trying to draft develop or trade for good players NJ finally has a young core and some additional prospects on the horizon. Adding Petterson would require major surgery to the roster and probably require sending out cost effective support players. Hard to see them having much real interest even beyond the obvious cap hit issue.

Reactions: Xirik

cfj007

Aug 26, 2023
Yeah... I dont think Columbus offers Jiricek even for Pettersson. The hole it creates in the organization becomes as big as the one they would fill with Pettersson. It probably starts with Johnson+Boqvist/Peeke+
No disrespect, espn just posted Petterson 3rd in scoring next year around 110 points, bookies taking bets on 3rd in selke voting, 24 years old , another year until rfa. You wouldn’t trade your second best prospect?

I don’t have a clue or time. Who’s tops out the selke trophy finalists factoring in goals/points and age?

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Just for shits and giggles:

(signed) Pettersson + Kuzmenko

for

Peterka + Benson + Savoie + 2024 or 2025 1st + (one of) Mittelstadt or Krebs
Fair value but damn that would be a blockbuster. Kulich instead of Peterka/Savoie.

Pettersson, Thompson, Cozens, Power, Dahlin, Tuch, Kuzmenko…. Jesus that’s kinda crazy scary to think about…

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
If its a signed Petey, i would ask for the moon. Players like him don't get traded very often

Kent Johnson
Andrew Peeke
David Jiricek
+ pick

Even this, i would be hesitant to do.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Oh, look, another thread that has devolved into Vancouver fans hurting themselves, convinced they’re getting the sun and moon for their player. This is JT Miller last summer all over again, but at least this time the player is actually worth the moon.

The time to acquire David Jiricek was with a top-6 pick in the 2022 draft. That time is now past. Move along.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
This is all moot, because he'll re-sign with Vancouver.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If its a signed Petey, i would ask for the moon. Players like him don't get traded very often

Kent Johnson
Andrew Peeke
David Jiricek
+ pick

Even this, i would be hesitant to do.

Honestly, you are going to get laughed off the board for this one.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Disagree not that much difference between the top wingers and top centers

Kucherov has been as impactful and valuable as Mack/Draisaitl since 2017 and has been up for 2nd best player in the league behind a 97

Pettersson as great as he is doesnt have the consistency of Rantanen nor the chemistry with Mack
I mean, you're welcome to have an opinion. But that is just a really shitty opinion.

There is plenty of data that show just how significantly more valuable the best Centers are versus any other position in the league.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Fair value but damn that would be a blockbuster. Kulich instead of Peterka/Savoie.

Pettersson, Thompson, Cozens, Power, Dahlin, Tuch, Kuzmenko…. Jesus that’s kinda crazy scary to think about…

I have no problem replacing Kulich in place of Peterka or Savoie.

My thinking was Peterka replaces Kuzmenko in the Canucks lineup, Krebs or Mitts replaces EP this season, then the rest gives the Orcas potential replacements. It gives the Canucks 3 1st round value players, plus one more (depending on how one feels about Peterka), and a C to “replace” EP (someone has to do it, right?). It gets EP out of the conference so there’s less chance of the trade biting Vancouver in the ass, barring a Cup finals showdown, and it makes someone else step up and provide more value.

And that offer still barely affects Buffalo’s prospect pool. They’re left with 4/7 of their top prospects (Levi, Benson, Kulich, Savoie, Ostlund, Rosen & Johnson).

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
It’s not a bad offer or insulting, it just doesn’t make alot of sense. Like Kuzmenko is the type of player you hope Benson and/or Peterka can become, but are far from slam dunks. I think Pettersson goes for a similar package that you listed minus either Krebs/Middelstadt or Peterka.

I agree that you hope Peterka turns in to a Kuzmenko player. He’s only about a recent 21, so his physical game he showed in the DEL and this past WC will grow to Kuzy’s level the more confident he gets.

Regardless you replace $15M in salary (assume EP signs for $10M here) for $5M-$8M total, and $3M per year is saved for the next three years

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Something similar to what eichel got.

1st round pick
Blue Chip prospect.
Roster player
Younger up and coming roster player is my guess

Reactions: deleted user

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad