Value of: Elias Pettersson

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
The Canucks are crazy if they dont get a strong return for him. When He is on he is as good as Marner but plays Centre.
Marner had roughly the same number of assists last year as Petterson career high in pts . He’s also excellent defensively, try again . Other than both being slight in build I don’t think the comparison is close at all . He’s an excellent player as an aside from this topic

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
I don't see a package that makes sense materializing. Maybe Aquaman goes all out at the draft for Bedard and offers Petey plus several 1sts

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Stamkos was just an example in case that wasn't clear. That's why I listed McDavid, and said etc. So, this isn't a gotcha moment that you two seem to be making it.

Also, no Aqualung, we aren't trading Necas for EP. Necas is a great top 6 winger, and as I said previously, they aren't trading him after giving him another chance when he underperformed last season. He looks like he's a part of our core going forward. Pretty sure you wouldn't trade him either if you were in Carolina's shoes barring a top tier player.

Also I wonder what happened to the post pointing out how Vancouver fans are basically demanding McDavid, Makar, Drai, etc. despite EP wanting out and the fans being kind of toxic about the trade proposals.
You would be very sad to hear what it would take on top of Necas to get Draisaitl, you should just forget about McDavid all together

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Marner had roughly the same number of assists last year as Petterson career high in pts . He’s also excellent defensively, try again . Other than both being slight in build I don’t think the comparison is close at all . He’s an excellent player as an aside from this topic
Peterson is younger and doesn’t play with Mathews. He wants out.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
You would be very sad to hear what it would take on top of Necas to get Draisaitl, you should just forget about McDavid all together
Really? I made it clear previously how unlikely it would be to get McDavid (and didn't discuss any crazy trade to get Drai at all) and only brought him up to demonstrate how Necas is pretty much untouchable in Carolina's mind barring some ridiculous trade like that.

So, it's pretty tough to be sad about what it would take to get something that I have no expectation of getting. Carolina won't be inquiring about McDavid or Drai, and Edmonton won't be shopping them. Therefore, I would be just as sad about my team not getting them as me not winning the lottery; both aren't happening.

So, not sure what the point of your post is (trolling?), but yeah, I'm in shambles. You totally got me.

Amazing how many people I've upset all starting with my original post stating how a couple of people were undervaluing Jarvis and Necas was unlikely to be traded, and the topic has veered off track from trade proposals. Can't wait to see who else wants to show me who's boss. I've lost track at this point. Pile on further. I'll just swat away more of you :popcorn:

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Gonna take a wild guess that this is a "got em" attempt by you.

Carolina already has a true #1 C and his name is Aho.
I'm just making the point that I don't think your saying Necas is more valuable than EP, nor that he has anywhere near the value of Drai or McJeesus, just that the trade doesn't make sense to you.

You know, because, to think Necas is more valuable or as valuable as either would be lunacy.

Reactions: JohnHodgson

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I'm just making the point that I don't think your saying Necas is more valuable, just that the trade doesn't make sense to you. You know, because, to think Necas is more valuable would be lunacy.
In short, correct. Really wouldn't have guessed that's what you were getting at in your previous post.

Also, as I said before, Carolina didn't want to trade Jarvis for Eichel when Buffalo requested him, and so I really doubt Carolina will want to trade Necas for EP this season with how well Necas has been. Both are young star center men, and if EP does want out, EP also shares that in common with Eichel when he was still with Buffalo.

Lastly, as I've also said before, I can't see Carolina trading Necas after they extended him/gave him another chance after his down year last season. As I said before, I don't see them throwing him to the wind after what appears to be a record breaking season he will finish with.

So, this isn't just based on me thinking it wouldn't make sense. It's based on the organization's history/MO, etc. I say all of this and I recognize how important the position of center is; so I don't view EP as being a less valuable player and especially when he's scored over 30 goals in the NHL while Necas has yet to (though like I said, I think he has the potential to).

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Sounds like a play on words
Simply could have said nothing like most agents. But chose to say he loves the city. That’s twice in a month his agent had to remind these sports writers not to use the petterson wants out of Vancouver narrative to boost their sorry ass careers.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Maybe Vancouver will just lose him for nothing. Similar to how they just held on to Miller and now regret.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Simply could have said nothing like most agents. But chose to say he loves the city. That’s twice in a month his agent had to remind these sports writers not to use the petterson wants out of Vancouver narrative to boost their sorry ass careers.
Thats like people believing a player wants to play on CSKA Moscow after reading this quote. “ I love CSKA Moscow it’s a great organization, I’d like to live in a country not at war”

I’d love to live in a country not at war=I’d like to win games

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Necas or Jarvis
Scott Morrow or Jack Drury
2023 1st

That is a deal that would solidify Carolina as an annual contender. Necas has looked dangerous and confident this year but Center is more important. Personally I think Jarvis will end up as the better player, but I'd be happy for Carolina to keep the cheaper asset.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
This will probably beat a lot of other fans from other teams offers by a ton. Which is kind of sad and funny

Just a framework but think
Jiricek
Sillinger
2023 1st (top 5 protected)
another asset
I was thinking something along these lines but Kent Johnson instead of Sillinger.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad