Value of: Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don't think they can offer much till after 24-25 when the buyouts for Parise and Sutter are more reasonable.
Minnesota wishes. You mean 2025-26.

Minnesota suffers the brunt of the buyouts over the next two seasons.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No I meant after 24-25 which would be 25-26
Yeah. EP would cost them Boldy+ so they probably could make it work cap wise but should they? Probably not. They do need a 1C though.

He and Kaprizov on the same line and PP would be insane though. Oh man that would cause problems for opponents

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If OP taken literally, NYR not bidders b'c no contract coming back, Rs can't add huge salary

Otherwise:
Lafrenière, Goodrow, Jones, 1st '23 & 1st '24
too little

Kakko, K Andre Miller, 1st 23 and 24
too much

they've been spoiled with guys wanting to play for them, turning a old Brassard into shiny Zibanejed

a lot of them think they can keep getting star players without giving up nothing of value

young 1C on pace for 100 pts gonna cost a lot, at least it should
It does cost. The ? is not if Pete is being undervalued but if other blue chips going back are.

Miller is a stud but salary cap aside you take that imo
but sc is NOT aside it is a real factor

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Currency peeps, currency.
this is best Rs can do:

LaF
Lindgren
Sykora
McConnell=Barker
2 1sts fir 2 2nds

something like that

other players are needed/have nmc

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Bowen "I can't stay healthy" Byram
and
Alex "I am pretty mediocre" Newhook
?
Come on its trades like that make the Nucks even worse

Do you think the Canucks will somehow get better if they trade Pettersson….?

Getting 4 x high end pieces is the most we can hope for if we move him.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
"Dixon also took note of Elias Pettersson putting contract extension talks on hold with the Vancouver Canucks to focus on preparing for the coming season."

Translation: if you don't trade him soon he'll be buggering off elsewhere so hurry up before his value starts to dip. I wonder if a package from Leafs starting with Nylander would work?
Nylander is a very good player but he needs to stop being offered for EP. Canucks needs are D and centres. Not a pending UFA winger who will command big $. Even if you added to Nylander, he’d obviously be the main piece. It doesn’t work.

Also, nothing that Pettersson said is that different from past comments. Guy wants to win and has been pretty consistent in his statements.

Edit: he’s also an RFA, so his ability to bigger off somewhere else in the near term isn’t the best.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Rantanen or Byram++ I would say. Don't think Byram would be a fair main piece unless he can put together a full 82 games this year and play at the level of a #2D basically.
Why would the Avs give up Rantanen?

Both pettersson and Rantanen are 4th to 8th best at their position and 13th - 25th range in the NHL

Rantanen is a proven great playoff player, a home grown and loved player for the Avs management and fanbase and took 9.2M last time (when he could have gotten more)

They can extend Rantanen at 11.5-12M which is as good a bet as getting Pettersson and signing him at a similar deal.

Avs should move Girard + pick for a average 2C if they want one. Dont think they need an elite 2C behind Mackinnon with how strong the defense still is

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Bowen "I can't stay healthy" Byram
and
Alex "I am pretty mediocre" Newhook
?
Come on its trades like that make the Nucks even worse
It's more than I think they will get if he wants out and they aren't cap flexible

$7.35 million isn't a big contract to add on an RFA.

But there's always the "they must retain crowd" and heading that off is smart or all of a sudden it's 17 sub proposals for something that should be pretty simple imo
Hmmm the teams that would want him are mostly cap poor. So if you can't be flexible teams just can't do it

Oh this was another bumped thread

Last edited:

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Kent Johnson, David Jiricek, 2024 1st is prolly one of the better bases to get EP, but there is NO way Columbus is gambling. They would want the signature on the dotted line before a deal is official.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Canes offer:

-Seth Jarvis (top 6f super young) does he have more value than a blue chipper?
-Kotkaniemi (middle 6c/young/need some cap out)
-2023 1st.

We could have another small plus I'm not totally sure what it would be?

I wouldn't trade K'Andre for Pettersson straight up.

Necas is not being traded. Not even for EP.

It'd take a McDavid, Stamkos, etc. tier player for Carolina to consider trading Necas with the season he's having; especially when they gave him another chance after underperforming last season.

Additionally, I think a couple of you guys are undervaluing Jarvis, and also considering that when Carolina was trying to trade for Eichel, Buffalo wanted him for Eichel (Carolina clearly refused). Eichel is a relevant player to bring up in trade talks of EP.
Put these in the hall of fame.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
Simple question. No retention. No contracts back or low balling because he's from Vancouver.

What is one of the best 5v5 producers in the league at his age and contract worth to your team?
The answer to this question is..... A lot less than every Canucks fans believes they will get in return

Reactions: Idunkmyoreos

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Put these in the hall of fame.
What a shame we can't put yours in the hall of fame since they've been deleted by the mods.

Log off and touch grass. You've been so unhinged about Elias Pettersson trades with ad hominems and straw man arguments with multiple posters.

Btw, nice job beating a dead horse.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Stamkos was just an example in case that wasn't clear. That's why I listed McDavid, and said etc. So, this isn't a gotcha moment that you two seem to be making it.

Also, no Aqualung, we aren't trading Necas for EP. Necas is a great top 6 winger, and as I said previously, they aren't trading him after giving him another chance when he underperformed last season. He looks like he's a part of our core going forward. Pretty sure you wouldn't trade him either if you were in Carolina's shoes barring a top tier player.

Also I wonder what happened to the post pointing out how Vancouver fans are basically demanding McDavid, Makar, Drai, etc. despite EP wanting out and the fans being kind of toxic about the trade proposals.

Doubling down on a HOF take is crazy.

What is this “tier” system that has McDavid and Stamkos in the same one?
Amen brother... amen.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Doubling down on a HOF take is crazy.
If you honestly think in all of our discussions that I've doubled down on that post from the beginning of the year, you're delusional.

I gave my rebuttal to your strawman. You're just stuck beating a dead horse. This trollish routine from you is so boring now. Move on.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I'd do this in a heartbeat if a deal is inevitable. Very strong offer.
If Jarmo is trying to save his job, Petey would definitely be number one target but I don't think he would re-sign there.

But that package is sexy as hell and would accelerate the rebuild.

We'd probably have to take some bad cap back though.

Reactions: EverTheCynic

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If he is dealt/ask for a deal would the nucks be looking for young players, youngish vets, or a mix to try and stay competitive ?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I'd do this in a heartbeat if a deal is inevitable. Very strong offer.

Vancouver would prolly have to take a contract back in the deal to make it work as well.

But, there is no way this is offered unless EP is signed for 7-8 years with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad