Value of: Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
And you don't seem to get that trade value is largely based on the amount of interested suitors.
What? When did I ever say that wasn't the case? You just seem to constantly pivot and avoid answering. I said that what matters is what teams EP is interested in. If Winnipeg offers a great package and EP doesn't want to sign long term there the deal is basically dead in the water.

You need a team that

A. EP is interested in
B. Team is interested in him
C. Has the assets
D. Has the space
E. Winning team

If EP was already signed long term you wouldn't have to worry about A or E.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
What? When did I ever say that wasn't the case? You just seem to constantly pivot and avoid answering. I said that what matters is what teams EP is interested in. If Winnipeg offers a great package and EP doesn't want to sign long term there the deal is basically dead in the water.

You need a team that

A. EP is interested in
B. Team is interested in him
C. Has the assets
D. Has the space
E. Winning team

If EP was already signed long term you wouldn't have to worry about A or E.
I agree that EP currently signed to an 8 year contract without a NMC is more valuable than EP not signed. I never suggested otherwise. I think the whole confusion here is that I was comparing EP’s value as an unsigned RFA compared to Eichel’s value as a signed player with a major injury considering that was the point of discussion, Eichel’s trade value vs EP’s. I don’t agree that Eichel’s value is higher just because he was signed longterm at the time.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The window in Boston is closed, now the question is can they get lucky and retool and have draft like Dallas did in 2017?

but then again if any team had a top 3 draft like Dallas did in 2017 it would be franchise defining.

I seriously doubt EP40 gets moved but if he does there would be a haul going back and rightly so.
They have been saying for years the window is closed , But I guess Canucks fans do not realize that their window for some reason never opens.....They got it open a crack in 2011 ..............But the Bruins SLAMMED IT SHUT , remember that ........

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Those are for EP with extension in place right?
Ya Panthers likely can't meet top prospect box then.
Figured a budding 2C in Lundell and Ekblad, a decent top pairing D would be enticing.
I think that would be a great return if Ekblad was younger and not as close to UFA status. He has this year and one more, then he's 29 and free to chase big money. Young Ekblad and Lundell would be a fair return imo (if you think Ekblad is a top pairing guy, i know a lot on hfboards dont seem to think so)

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I'm not even the biggest Petey fan, but you can't name 10 better centers.

And if you're taking account age, you can't name 5 you would want to start a team with.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
useful guys like 2nd line forward or No. 3 / 4 Dmen fet a 1st round pick.
Really good top line guys get traded seldom but sometimes at the deadline and they fetch the equivalent to two firsts / young players worth a first and maybe an additional B- prospect or 2nd/ 3rd round pick
Petey being a top 10 Center in the league, 100 point season, Still young. If he is traded with an extension, i expect the return to be equivalent to more.... something like a combination of three key assets (younger players / picks that have equal value to like three firsts)
The MTL package earlier in this thread was probably the most generous package ive seen. the league wouldnt have seen a trade like this since maybe the 90's when Lindros got moved.

Yeah Canucks 8 out of the last 10 years did not qualify for the playoffs , I am sure he wants to stay with that shit show..........
the point if his post was not that Vancovuer is a winning club. Rather it's that Boson (while great!) is likely headed on a down trend due to age, retirements etc. Posts like yours are disingenuous

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think that would be a great return if Ekblad was younger and not as close to UFA status. He has this year and one more, then he's 29 and free to chase big money. Young Ekblad and Lundell would be a fair return imo (if you think Ekblad is a top pairing guy, i know a lot on hfboards dont seem to think so)

He'd definitely be a top pairing guy in Vancouver IMO.
He's been chewing up 23-24 mins for a few seasons now. 40-50pts as long as he's healthy.
But ya he's nearing 30 and the next contract will keep some GMs awake at night.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
EP signed for 12.5mil x 8 years
for
Dach + Ghule + first pick 2024 (unprotected) + Farrell/Mesar/Beck

This is what i would propose .

But to be honest i rather keep these guys .
EP is not our savior at all to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
EP signed for 12.5mil x 8 years
for
Dach + Ghule + first pick 2024 (unprotected) + Farrell/Mesar/Beck

This is what i would propose .

But to be honest i rather keep these guys .
EP is not our savior at all to me.
There is a 0% chance the canucks would pick that offer.

Elite, defensive young prospect has to be in the package.

Nemec or jiricek Tier.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He'd definitely be a top pairing guy in Vancouver IMO.
He's been chewing up 23-24 mins for a few seasons now. 40-50pts as long as he's healthy.
But ya he's nearing 30 and the next contract will keep some GMs awake at night.
I think he is for sure. But he seems to get a lot of hate on here from non-FLA fans, not sure why.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They have been saying for years the window is closed , But I guess Canucks fans do not realize that their window for some reason never opens.....They got it open a crack in 2011 ..............But the Bruins SLAMMED IT SHUT , remember that ........
Get over yourself I'm not one of those Canuck fans who can't get over the fact that if Dave Bolland plays the whole series instead of 4 games with the Canucks up 3-0 in the series or the Brian Campbell goalpost which would have sealed the deal for Chicago.

That Canucks team's Cinderella clock struck 12 the minute Kesler got injured after literally carrying the Canucks on his back with points on 11 of the Canucks 14 goals against Nashville and there are tons of examples on why Karma wasn't with the Canucks.

All that being said the Bruins pipeline has been depleted and they are lacking in picks and losing Bergeron and Krecji is going to hurt at best they are a middling team like the NYI or Minny not good enough to be a serious SC contender but just good enough to ensure that they never get a high draft pick.

Reactions: Groo

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If he’s moved, it would likely be one of the best returns we’ve seen in a long time. You’d be looking at something crazy like Kasper, Wallinder and Rasmussen from Detroit. Or Edvinsson, Kasper and Veleno.

It would be something like that. Very few teams could make that deal, and those who could, might choose not to.

I mention Detroit because they could probably do it with the crop of prospects they have. Plus, he’s the type of player they’re after, and the Swedish thing… Especially being able to get an Edvinsson or a Wallinder in the deal. Teams just don’t trade D prospects like those.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
useful guys like 2nd line forward or No. 3 / 4 Dmen fet a 1st round pick.
Really good top line guys get traded seldom but sometimes at the deadline and they fetch the equivalent to two firsts / young players worth a first and maybe an additional B- prospect or 2nd/ 3rd round pick
Petey being a top 10 Center in the league, 100 point season, Still young. If he is traded with an extension, i expect the return to be equivalent to more.... something like a combination of three key assets (younger players / picks that have equal value to like three firsts)
The MTL package earlier in this thread was probably the most generous package ive seen. the league wouldnt have seen a trade like this since maybe the 90's when Lindros got moved.

the point if his post was not that Vancovuer is a winning club. Rather it's that Boson (while great!) is likely headed on a down trend due to age, retirements etc. Posts like yours are disingenuous
You post lacking in research , but that would be typical of Canucks fan who are still traumatize from 2011.............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad