Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Dude has disappeared for months twice now. He just had a comically bad playoffs.

He’s already lost a portion of the fan base and I know he won’t win me back unless he’s a beast for 82 games and the playoffs.

If he disappears for weeks on end again then trade his ass.
Save your energy. Ive been saying it for two years. You have to at some point realize the audience youre speaking to is to blinded or ignorant to see the truth.

Its like parents who refuse to believe their kids have bad habits or have done something:

"Nope not our Petey. He would/could never. Nope"

We have self appointed sports psychologist, a forum Scandinavian body language expert and numerous medical physicians all on the forum. Let them tell you what to believe. Dont believe your eyes or the stats, believe them.

Anyways, Tendinitis Pete aka TendyP will have a lot of eyes on him this year. I see more of the same. Stretches' of fantastic play and stretches of poor play capped off with another disappointing playoffs because of his frame.

Reactions: Diogenes92

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Save your energy. Ive been saying it for two years. You have to at some point realize the audience youre speaking to is to blinded or ignorant to see the truth.

Its like parents who refuse to believe their kids have bad habits or have done something:

We have self appointed sports psychologist, a forum Scandinavian body language expert and numerous medical physicians all on the forum. Let them tell you what to believe. Dont believe your eyes or the stats, believe them.

Anyways, Tendinitis Pete aka TendyP will have a lot of eyes on him this year. I see more of the same. Stretches' of fantastic play and stretches of poor play capped off with another disappointing playoffs because of his frame.
Throwing a fit just because your shit take proved to be wrong. Im guessing again.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

His playoff 2024 playoff stats. Just because you're unable to face reality doesn't mean we shouldn't.

His SHL playoff stats
2017-18Vaxjo HC 🏆SweHL1310919
He was also the playoff MVP that year

And other NHL playoff stats
2019-20Vancouver CanucksNHL17711182

So cause you have trouble rein stats that’s well over a point per game in the playoffs but a bad take is a bad take was expected from you

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Thank goodness EP had that good first playoff experience. Imagine the noise if his first 6 playoffs were like this:

Untitled.jpg

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
His SHL playoff stats
2017-18Vaxjo HC 🏆SweHL1310919
He was also the playoff MVP that year

And other NHL playoff stats
2019-20Vancouver CanucksNHL17711182

So cause you have trouble rein stats that’s well over a point per game in the playoffs but a bad take is a bad take was expected from you
That’s cool.

He’s a playoff choker and absolute loser until he proves otherwise.

Zero patience for another soft Swede who puts up mediocre at best playoff numbers.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
That’s cool.

He’s a playoff choker and absolute loser until he proves otherwise.

Zero patience for another soft Swede who puts up mediocre at best playoff numbers.
Playoff mvp winning a championship isn’t proof? Or going ppg in the playoffs isn’t?

The argument against Petey is ridiculous. Like worst take bad… it just is.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Playoff mvp winning a championship isn’t proof? Or going ppg in the playoffs isn’t?

The argument against Petey is ridiculous. Like worst take bad… it just is.
Continue being impressed with disappearing down the stretch then having an absurdly awful playoffs I guess.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Dude has disappeared for months twice now. He just had a comically bad playoffs.

He’s already lost a portion of the fan base and I know he won’t win me back unless he’s a beast for 82 games and the playoffs.

If he disappears for weeks on end again then trade his ass.
So f***ing dumb and short sighted. Dude gets injured twice and doesn’t perform when he’s injured so we should just trade him next time he’s injured. What kind of dumbass logic is this?
It’s like context doesn’t f***ing matter. Last time he was healthy in the playoffs he went PPG against a cup favorite despite the coach playing turtle hockey. I feel like if he was hurt but Canadian then the narrative is going to be he played through pain but it’s too much. But since he’s Swedish so it means he’s f***ing soft and therefore him performing is just because he is soft.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

This is the prime example of how the education system is failing us and producing people that have zero critical thinking skills.

Continue being impressed with disappearing down the stretch then having an absurdly awful playoffs I guess.
Hughes faded in the oilers series after he was injured, I don’t see you applying the same logic. Wait there is no f***ing logic is there. Just another case of casual xenophobia masked by some shallow ass logic.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

At least you didn’t call him skinny pete

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

beardo

Jan 29, 2024
This is a bit weird thing to expect.

Its basically asking him to throw his current line mates under the bus...

Eh. I like 99,9% of what Tocchet has brought, but this one I cant get on board with.

Its the GMs and Coaches job to set the correct lines. Not the players.
Not entirely. If it’s not working the coach wants to know, he probably wants Petey to be more vocal about who he thinks he can be successful and win with. It’s not shitting on his wingers, we have to be real here if we want to win. He hasn’t played with anyone near his level unless he’s on the lotto line.

Reactions: theguardianII

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Not entirely. If it’s not working the coach wants to know, he probably wants Petey to be more vocal about who he thinks he can be successful and win with. It’s not shitting on his wingers, we have to be real here if we want to win. He hasn’t played with anyone near his level unless he’s on the lotto line.
Its not like the team had quality wingers to replace the crap he played with.

If Tock thought the line was a good fit for Pete we have big problems.

Reactions: theguardianII

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I've said this before before last season, if our core players (Petey, Hughes, Demko etc.) aren't good enough to lead us to a Cup victory then we're not winning a Cup anyways. You don't trade Petey because he failed to perform in the playoffs last season due to an injury. I don't believe Petey is a playoff.

I do want to distinguish a few things. There's a difference between a player who can't be relied on to stay healthy but plays through injury, a player who sits out with the slightest of injuries, a player who has trouble performing whenever there are aches and pain, and players in between. Tanev, for example, was/is a player you can expect to get injured every single season. But he's one of those players where you didn't know was playing with broken ribs. Motte noticeably slows down when an injury is bothering him (which is expected to happen every season).

Few players can play through to the end of the Stanley Cup finals and not be injured in some way. It comes down to the severity of the injury and the player's ability to play through it. I do think Petey needs to find a way to contribute/produce, otherwise he shouldn't be playing. Like Stamkos in 19-20 literally came back for one game / less than 3 minutes and scored a goal before leaving the game.

Reactions: kranuck

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I think it is pretty obvious now that anyone playing with JTMiller gets more points.
Sure hope fans don't think DeBrusk is the solution.
Its not like the team had quality wingers to replace the crap he played with.

If Tock thought the line was a good fit for Pete we have big problems.
His only 100+ point season he played with Kuzmenko and a host of others.
I've said this before before last season, if our core players (Petey, Hughes, Demko etc.) aren't good enough to lead us to a Cup victory then we're not winning a Cup anyways. You don't trade Petey because he failed to perform in the playoffs last season due to an injury. I don't believe Petey is a playoff.
This has been pretty evident by just looking at the depth chart. Even now there are no possible replacements for Miller, EP or Hughes and JTM will be 32yrs old before the end of next season.
The team is capped out.
They have the additional OEL buyout increase.
No real top line movers and shakers under 24 yrs old

EP's playoffs did not help his case at all, after mid January his game play was so off. Missed one timers, bad passing, stumbling around, a real lack of speed and extended periods of looking dazed and confused, taking a pass and looking for a second or two at the goal before shooting.
This was caused by a sore knee? Some maybe but all?

His reputation, point totals so far will keep his trade value very high, for awhile and from what other posters have written he doesn't have trade protection, his NMC, won't start until the end of this year due to lack of years in the league. So he is still tradable this year.

Reactions: kranuck

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
So f***ing dumb and short sighted. Dude gets injured twice and doesn’t perform when he’s injured so we should just trade him next time he’s injured. What kind of dumbass logic is this?
It’s like context doesn’t f***ing matter. Last time he was healthy in the playoffs he went PPG against a cup favorite despite the coach playing turtle hockey. I feel like if he was hurt but Canadian then the narrative is going to be he played through pain but it’s too much. But since he’s Swedish so it means he’s f***ing soft and therefore him performing is just because he is soft.
Not really, I’m pretty not sold on Hughes and his 2 goals in 30 playoff games either.

Canucks have a history of betting on Swedes who can’t get it done in the playoffs. We’ve never had a zetterberg type either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad