Elden Ring - February 2022 (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES S/X)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He probably went south. I'm pretty sure you only get it if you go to stormveil like the white mask Varr tells you.
The torrent shows up at the grace point well before Stormveil, I can’t remember it’s name but its the stop right before you go past the guys shooting arrows at you where the giant drops down from up high.

I watched the guy who speedrun the game in 19 minutes. I don’t know how people find these portal glitches but doesn’t look like a lot of fun.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The torrent shows up at the grace point well before Stormveil, I can’t remember it’s name but its the stop right before you go past the guys shooting arrows at you where the giant drops down from up high.

I watched the guy who speedrun the game in 19 minutes. I don’t know how people find these portal glitches but doesn’t look like a lot of fun.
I thought she gives you Torrent after finding three sites of grace, period.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
At the Academy of Raya Lucaria rn, about level 80 playing as a mage. I beat one of the mini bosses along the way and then after taking a detour route up a bridge I ran into Rennala. Going to beat her later today. I've pumped almost all of my runes into INT stats that my HP and FP bars are still way too small. I'm an OHKO threat against any semi-formidable opponent.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
At the Academy of Raya Lucaria rn, about level 80 playing as a mage. I beat one of the mini bosses along the way and then after taking a detour route up a bridge I ran into Rennala. Going to beat her later today. I've pumped almost all of my runes into INT stats that my HP and FP bars are still way too small. I'm an OHKO threat against any semi-formidable opponent.
That was my build too. I've since invested heavily into mind. No point in investing in vigor as a mage when even tanky builds get one shotted.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I actually am taking a day or two away because the game is kicking my ass right now. The Rykard battle was the last straw. Need to regroup.

Attachments

• 92BC79C3-892F-4202-AFEE-99D2F4F726AF.jpeg
    92BC79C3-892F-4202-AFEE-99D2F4F726AF.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 7

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
My goodness I never went to west leyndell until level 120 and rykard is just a joke, he actually couldn't even damage me and I figured out the boss mechanic easily having played DS3 and Demon's Souls already.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Someone solved the bleed dog mystery. Died to this a few times.

tl;dr normally when an attack hits you the hit box disappears, but something can keep that from happening with the dogs sometimes so it does damage + applies bleed the whole time it's in contact with your model.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I finally beat this game, clocking in at 90 hours and 20 minutes exactly (keep in mind I did not beat Melania) and I still dont know if I'm ready to deliver my verdict. This kind of recaptures going into dark souls 1 in a sense because when you played those before they were in the zeitgeist with all the vaati videos, you truly didn't know what anything in the game meant. Well I can honestly say I still have no idea what was going on and why all the waifus wanted to destroy the world.

It also seems really obvious that there will be DLC since the game constantly mentions Godwyn the Golden is not truly dead...and hes not in the game. I was actually anticipating him and then looked it up to find hes not actually in the game.

I just beat melania.

Last edited:

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
I've played it really slow. I'm up to about 130 hours and currently up to Maliketh. Love the fight tbh.

Tried Malenia solo for four days (hundreds of tries). Was reaching phase two regularly but wound up using mimic at the end.

With mimic? 2nd try. Late game (Elphael mostly) feels balanced entirely around summoning. I'm not sure how I feel about that just yet.

The Duo I also mimic'd, but will try to kite one proper O+S style and try for solo.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

Gatefront Ruins, rest at the grace and an NPC will talk to you and give you the steed whistle.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I also beat Malenia recently and decided to go back to the Haligtree and collect the stuff I missed, thinking ‘this should be easy, I’m level 296 and just stomped the Shunning Grounds, I’ll be right in and out.’

Walking into the Haligtree:

FDC3A2E5-889F-4662-A3EC-E9BEF72CA9D4.png

Walking out of the Haligtree:

1648746319401.jpeg

That’s some hard shit, that Haligtree. Every other dungeon is daunting but ultimately manageable, but the door at the end (which there’s a way to skip) being guarded by two ballistas, at least three lightning knights and an Omen, and there’s another Omen, a Revenant and a Crystallian nearby? Brutal.

EDIT: Also noteworthy, it seems like you can farm Aeonian Butterflies near the Malenia mist gate, needed for Rotbone Arrows.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I also beat Melania recently and decided to go back to the Haligtree and collect the stuff I missed, thinking ‘this should be easy, I’m level 296 and just stomped the Shunning Grounds, I’ll be right in and out.’

Walking into the Haligtree:

View attachment 524439

Walking out of the Haligtree:

View attachment 524435

That’s some hard shit, that Haligtree. Every other dungeon is daunting but ultimately manageable, but the door at the end (which there’s a way to skip) being guarded by two ballistas, at least three lightning knights and an Omen, and there’s another Omen, a Revenant and a Crystallian nearby? Brutal.

EDIT: Also noteworthy, it seems like you can farm Aeonian Butterflies near the Malenia mist gate, needed for Rotbone Arrows.
The reason for this is because your actual defense stat (the number next to absorbtion) stops increasing after like level 120 so the enemies that hit hard in the endgame are always gonna hit hard no matter your level. But if you stack defensive incantations and talismans (plus some decent armor) you should still have an easy time.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
The reason for this is because your actual defense stat (the number next to absorbtion) stops increasing after like level 120 so the enemies that hit hard in the endgame are always gonna hit hard no matter your level. But if you stack defensive incantations and talismans (plus some decent armor) you should still have an easy time.
Yeah - this s how you outlast her waterfowl in stage 2. I didn't start using great runes until I reached Maliketh. Wow. I was missing some good stuff. Might have been able to solo her...

Next time.

Co op'd a bunch yesterday. Average summon time for endgame bosses is like 20 seconds.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
lol, just lost 40 hours of progress downloading a cloud save without checking how old the cloud save was.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Ooooooof.

Finally beat Rykard, then rolled through Astrel and Morgott. Weird how some bosses are a nightmare, and then others are relatively simple. First Souls game, though.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Malenia phase 1 is a piece of cake really. Phase 2, I still haven't beat. Shameful. She's relentless and kills Tiche in under a minute.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
It also seems really obvious that there will be DLC since the game constantly mentions Godwyn the Golden is not truly dead...and hes not in the game.
Godwyn is in the game. He's part of Fia's questline. Don't get too excited though, he's not what you seem to be anticipating.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Godwyn is in the game. He's part of Fia's questline. Don't get too excited though, he's not what you seem to be anticipating.
Oh of course but I mean as an actual boss since so many items and characters mention him, he's such a central character to the story it surprised me. Miquella is another one that surprised me.

One thing I forgot for people struggling with getting one shot. In this game your defense (not affected by armor) scales heavily with strength, even after 40 each point of strength gives you a point of defense. This is the rare souls game where people aren't leveling strength cause of all the broken bleed and magic builds, but I leveled strength to level 50 and other than miquella most bosses don't hit hard at all. Even maliketh wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I finally figured out what I was looking at when I found Godwyn, Its very weirdly oriented so its hard to figure out. I'm wondering if the next DLC is gonna be in the sky or underwater.

Also, it seems like quality builds are pointless in this game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad