Elden Ring - February 2022 (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES S/X)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
man they really wanted to make up for how absolute garbage magic was in dark souls 3 cause magic is completely broken in this game. Ive never used magic but everytime i invade i just get icbms launched at me for 2 minutes.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've been having more fun than I was a week or 2 ago. I've been leveling up Vigor, Endurance, and Dex instead of mostly Strength and switching between an ax and a curved sword. It's allowed me to be more aggressive instead of just hiding behind a shield.

Mostly, though, I think I'm in a proper area for my level. Actually, I'm probably over-leveled, but being over-leveled is more fun than being under-leveled :laugh:. That was one of my complaints about Bloodborne and I imagine it's similar to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls as well. By the end of Bloodborne, I was way too over-leveled for the last few bosses and DLC that it was kind of anticlimactic. The opposite is probably also true for some bosses where I powered through after banging my head against a wall for too long. It's happened again with Elden Ring. Banged my head against a wall against Margit when I was probably under-leveled in fear of getting too over-leveled and now over-leveled for the Weeping Peninsula. It's one of the reasons I liked Sekiro so much, too. You didn't have to worry about getting over-leveled because you can only upgrade your strength and HP so much.

For anybody who's interested, the Elden Ring Wiki has a map of all the areas with recommended level, weapon upgrade level, and suggested route. I plan to loosely follow it for the rest of the game.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
That link is super helpful with the recommendation on levels, thanks for that. Just hit 90 so I’m about where it says. Apparently this game just never ends because a lot of those areas are foreign to me.

What does the “Upgrade” part of that chart mean?

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
That link is super helpful with the recommendation on levels, thanks for that. Just hit 90 so I’m about where it says. Apparently this game just never ends because a lot of those areas are foreign to me.

Weapon upgrades with Smithing Stones or Somber Smithing Stones.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

I assume weapon level unless there is something else you can upgrade that I'm not aware of yet.

I was doing Margit and Stormveil Castle around level 20-23 and it was not so fun. Now I'm around level 30-35 after wrecking Weeping Peninsula. So you can see my over/under-leveled dilemma :laugh:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I assumed weapon upgrade but was wondering if it also included upgrading summons and things like that. Somber Smithing Stones sure get tougher to find as it goes on.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I just finished the capital. I'm sill using my uchigatana +18. I feel like I'm missing out on so many cool weapons and spells with my current build (quality), but I literally do not see a reason to stop using my uchigatana. I'm getting through the game relatively easy. I beat the boss of the capital on my first try.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Bruh, there's like 3 faith weapons in this game it's actually ridiculous. I finally got a good faith sword (the coded sword sssssuuuuucks). It's D's weapon. I got it 50 hours in but it's possible to get this at the absolute end of the game.

Now I won't complain too hard cause the golden halberd is a decent weapon but come on this weapon should be got way earlier.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I thought people were blowing the sewer level out of proportion. Oh man this level sucks, lol. Thankfully I think I'm near the end.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Just went through the headache of doing Dung Eaters quest. Switched my weapon to fist to see his dialogue. He only has 1 HP while sitting in the chair...questline over, am now locked out of one of the endings lol.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Just went through the headache of doing Dung Eaters quest. Switched my weapon to fist to see his dialogue. He only has 1 HP while sitting in the chair...questline over, am now locked out of one of the endings lol.
I just finished his quest today. I stumbled on most of the seedbed curses exploring Leyndell and Elphael but I had to look up the last one.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
125 hours in and finally got the platinum. What an incredible experience from start to finish...up there with Bloodborne for sure.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I honestly can't imagine beating the godskin duo solo with no mimic tear. Those bosses are terrible just on their own let alone as mandatory bosses. I summoned two bros and we just unloaded on them with charged attacks stunlocked em.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Anybody reached Melania? She's tough.

Rivers of Blood +10
Mimic Tear +10
Swarm of Flies
Morgott’s Great Rune (+25% health)
Level 255

And it still took me about 20 tries. When I beat her I did pregame with my Physick and Rune Arc, summoned MT and then went to engage so she didn’t just go in and start hammering him. As soon as phase two starts she does that flower attack, unlock and run the f*** away when she does.

I took out the Duo on the second try and Maliketh on the fourth, even Mohg fell once I figured out the optimal Physick setup after the third try, but she was just operating on another level, that insane AoE she spins through the air for 15 seconds is good old reverse cheese, and she absorbs HP every time she hits you? There was absolutely no need for that.

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Rivers of Blood +10
Mimic Tear +10
Swarm of Flies
Morgott’s Great Rune (+25% health)
Level 255

And it still took me about 20 tries. When I beat her I did pregame with my Physick and Rune Arc, summoned MT and then went to engage so she didn’t just go in and start hammering him. As soon as phase two starts she does that flower attack, unlock and run the f*** away when she does.

I took out the Duo on the second try and Maliketh on the fourth, even Mohg fell once I figured out the optimal Physick setup after the third try, but she was just operating on another level, that insane AoE she spins through the air for 15 seconds is good old reverse cheese, and she absorbs HP every time she hits you? There was absolutely no need for that.
Yeah, she's playing a different game.
I'm a pure mage, level 131. I've found that mimic tear +10 is just fodder for her hp stealing. Black Knife Tiche +10 on the other hand is so good against her. That and Ranni's Dark Moon. I've taken her to low HP in phase 2, but so far have messed up my dodge every time and get killed. I'll get her.
Yeah, Mohg is trivial once you use the right crystal tear.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If it makes you feel better here's me feeling good about getting through phase 1 without getting hit. Until that stopped being true.

Lol, why does everyone have this exact same weapon combo + armor set.

Actually I just realized you're not wearing the old man mask that most of them are wearing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad