Elden Ring - February 2022 (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES S/X)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think I added a huge component to my combat skills. I'm at a point where I succeed over 95% of my parries. I've destroyed some bosses this way. It's so damn fun to do, probably the most satisfying mechanic in the game.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
When you get your early game grind on, and you’ll need to, do yourself a favor and place the bulk of your points into the stats you want to build around, don’t spread them out. Try to be everything to everyone and you’ll end up nothing to nobody and dead a lot (also vigor and endurance, don’t neglect).

I’m loving this new configuration I set up last night. I just did the Shaded Castle and aside from the Cleanrot Knights killing me twice, I rolled Elemer of the Briar up and smoked his ass - Mimic Tear + Night and Flame Stance + Bloodhound Step.

And I only had two Crimson Potions left heading in, yet he had no shot.
That said, my mage with 16 vig, 12 end, 79 int has been totally viable and I have four great runes, a bunch quests and I'm into the end game now I think. I would advise pumping levels into one of the damage attributes str, int, dex, faith, arc

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
By the way I notice nobody mentioned this and didn't see it on Reddit either. Summoning has been completely broken for me the past several days I would instant disconnect from every single host that summoned me. That hasn't really happened since the patch. Must've only been a problem for some people cause I didn't really see many comments about it

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
That said, my mage with 16 vig, 12 end, 79 int has been totally viable and I have four great runes, a bunch quests and I'm into the end game now I think. I would advise pumping levels into one of the damage attributes str, int, dex, faith, arc
Dex for me. Hookclaws mostly, little mantis blade and bleed. Nothing op but definitely viable and fun.

You can diversify, but you'll need far more levels for end game if you do.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Dex for me. Hookclaws mostly, little mantis blade and bleed. Nothing op but definitely viable and fun.

You can diversify, but you'll need far more levels for end game if you do.
I basically made the stupidest build humanly possible. I pumped up faith to 20 early and barely started level strength until 20 hours in. My logic was I was gonna be a faith build for the extra heals. Going into the game blind and still not looking anything up even now. I had no idea how useless faith healing was with all the extra estus flasks and other healing items in this game there were or how insanely broken magic was given how absolutely useless it was in Dark Souls 3. Having missed the window with the massive nerf that hit, its very likely my second playthrough as a sorcerer will be on an unpatched build of the game off disc.

To make this build actually useful, ive basically made it summoning-centric where i heal my summons, its actually surprisingly fun.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Any complaints about this for ps5 performance wise; if not I'm going to pick this up.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
It really depends on who you are. For me the 60 fps mode feels fine for others they say theres too many dips.
I'm not an intense gamer, like a good story and good graphics more or less with an adult flavour.

Games I have: Deathloop, NHL22
Games I will pick up no matter what: Gotham Knights, Hogwarts Legacy, GTA 6.

I think I'll grab it. Thanks!

Edit: Grabbed it!

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
With my new build/setup detailed on the page previous I was getting scared, so I handled a ton of mini dungeons and catacombs before hitting Leyndell.

I just hit it and hit it hard, like the Preds just hit my Leafs.

I had more trouble with the gargoyles than I did with Godfrey, and even he I smoked in two tries, solid.

And Morgott? He was getting uppity and in my face and I smacked him and told him to get out there and go get me my money, first time.

Mimic Tear + comet strike (SoN&F fast attack, L2+R1).

trailer-park-boys-greasy.gif

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Mohg is leading the death count for me now but I might've been under leveled considering I got 5 levels of runes off him.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I've put about 20 hours in but I think I'm going to start over. I've been using magic almost exclusively, dumped most of my exp into INT. But I sort of realized I find using magic...boring. You get Pebble from the start of the game and you can literally spam it for seemingly any enemy. I wanted magic because I was afraid of sucking and wanted to keep my distance but it's just not satisfying at all to play imo.

I think I'm going to go Samurai so I still have a ranged option with a bow but do a lot more melee stuff.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I've put about 20 hours in but I think I'm going to start over. I've been using magic almost exclusively, dumped most of my exp into INT. But I sort of realized I find using magic...boring. You get Pebble from the start of the game and you can literally spam it for seemingly any enemy. I wanted magic because I was afraid of sucking and wanted to keep my distance but it's just not satisfying at all to play imo.

I think I'm going to go Samurai so I still have a ranged option with a bow but do a lot more melee stuff.
You can respec after the 2nd major boss fwiw. Has an item cost associated but I think you'd have one by then, can't remember. You'd be working with the same starting stats but those aren't too major as time goes by.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You can respec after the 2nd major boss fwiw. Has an item cost associated but I think you'd have one by then, can't remember. You'd be working with the same starting stats but those aren't too major as time goes by.
im already in the capital and dont have the item.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
im already in the capital and dont have the item.
I probably had around 10 by the time I was in the Capital but I did the rest of the map before going there. There's a few around Liurnia and Limgrave for sure, at least. I know I've bought a couple from vendors as well.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Anybody having trouble with God-devouring serpent/rykard? **** this fight

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You picked up the item in the arena?

I just saw your build from a previous post. Not sure..
Oh you betcha I picked up that item. I beat him last night finally after a few tries. Spam R1 attack with "the item" is actually the best way to go in my experience.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I probably had around 10 by the time I was in the Capital but I did the rest of the map before going there. There's a few around Liurnia and Limgrave for sure, at least. I know I've bought a couple from vendors as well.
Yeah, I had 11 by the time I reached the capital. It seemed like I couldn't miss them. The only one that was a pain to get was the one you can buy.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Visiting
the Fortified Manor in Leyndell
really got me. I'm not far enough to know the meaning behind it but the fact that it is
the Round Table Hold, or the corporeal version of it, and what this implies for the RTH the player frequents. For instance, Mad-Tongue Albrecht's charred remains in the fortified manor, how long have they been there, did the player kill him when he invaded in RTH, or was that his spirit? Is the RTH in the past/ just based on the fortified manor or what??

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad