Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
lmao Eichel with a herniated disc and a broken rib put up more points in 21 games than Kakko will in a full season.

Kakko just turned 20 and wasn't getting a ton of icetime.

Also thee is a huge difference in cap hits.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is idiotic
sez you

Eichel is under contract another 5 years.
along w a big cap hit to whoever cuts that check

Strome is a UFA after 1 and Buch has 2 yrs.
There is plenty of opportunity to
1. enjoy both cheap next season
2. possibly get another year at discount due to covid after that.
3. Then you have to pay market rate. Stop moaning about reality.

Lingren is not ED exempt and doesn’t have a 1st round value.
correct not ed exempt, incorrect, does not have 1st round value

you don’t have the centers to send back.
on this we agree
not only do we not have Cs, we do not have surplus bluest blue chip elcs

ir starts with Laf +Fox+ more to even have a chance.
hell no

if Buffalo trades him it would be outside their conference.
this we also agree on, he should go to where you get best return which is possibly LA if they take the risk on Eich and his neck, but not NYR.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Let's be a little scientific and objective about this, ok?

Buch worth 1st+
ditto Strome
Lindgren = 1st

no other consideration in a deal that is 3+ right there.

And I didn't have a problem valuing eich at 4, but now he has neck issues. That devalues him.

We can quibble, but it is NOT a garbage offer.

It is currency you don't want and fine, you are free to reject it, and see if LAK will/will not indulge you.

But it is not a garbage offer when reasonable projections of value for both sides are this close.
Bern my friend please stop trying to pass this nonsense to la. We have no need for a 10 million a year center who is coming off season ending surgery Especially with the price sabres fans want for him. Thanks in advance
La king fan
KingTech

Reactions: Stimpythecat

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Let's be a little scientific and objective about this, ok?

Buch worth 1st+
ditto Strome
Lindgren = 1st

no other consideration in a deal that is 3+ right there.

And I didn't have a problem valuing eich at 4, but now he has neck issues. That devalues him.

We can quibble, but it is NOT a garbage offer.

It is currency you don't want and fine, you are free to reject it, and see if LAK will/will not indulge you.

But it is not a garbage offer when reasonable projections of value for both sides are this close.

Wow. I guess we are trying reverse psychology here. If you say that this isn't a garbage offer enough, you hope people just accept it and go along with you. Buch and Strome have 1 year left on their deals. So neither of them are acceptable as the main piece going for Eichel.

But this trade screams "we'll trade you the used crap that we are done with for your young superstar 1C"

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is idiotic

There's not a team in the league that wouldn't expect a 1st or equal value for current Ryan Lindgren. (I said current before you try and go on about the previous trade involving Lindgren)
While the offer wasn't close to being good enough, you've been spewing your terrible takes in nearly every NYR trade threads.

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
NYR are going to have to give two of Fox/Laf/Kakko/Chytil/Sherterkin to start the conversation. There'd be more to work out but without two of those listed it's not going anywhere

L-O-Friggin-L.

Fox, Lafrenière and Shesterkin aren’t going anywhere. You think you’re getting a young franchise starting goaltender or a young Norris caliber defender for Eichel? Holy shit are you ever about to be disappointed.

Eichel has a NMC that kicks in on 7/1/22 and a 7.5m signing bonus owed to him on the same date. Considering Pegula has handed out exactly TWO multi-year deals with AAV’s of $7.5m or higher, you know he isn’t going to pay that type of money for a player who wants out and once that NMC kicks in Eichel controls exactly where he goes. Buffalo is on borrowed time. He hasn’t publicly stated he wants out yet, but he absolutely told the FO to get their shit together or he’s going to demand out as they went and signed Hall and traded for Staal. Those were clearly “hey, we’re trying” type moves to appease him. They obviously didn’t work.

The Rangers moved Derek Stepan before his NMC kicked in and got a decent return for doing so. Adams isn’t going to play chicken with Eichel. If Buffalo fans think they’re getting a prospect like Lafrenière or Byfield for Eichel, they’re sadly mistaken. There’s maybe a handful of teams that could actually put a package together for Eichel and a serious neck injury isn’t driving his price up.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This is idiotic

Yeah good luck with that, no one is trading you a Lafrenière or a Byfield for Eichel and every GM knows Adams is on borrowed time with Eichel’s NMC kicking in on 7/1/22.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Buch, Chytil, and Lindgren would get the Sabres attention but trading a generational talent without the possibility of getting one back makes it hard. I think Kakko has to be a part of a deal with the Rangers.

If the Sabres trade Eichel I cant see them doing a trade without a top draft pick coming back, in the draft, or a recent top 5 draft pick.

If I am the Sabres I am asking for:

Kakko (Potential to still be a generational winger)
Chytil (Solid Center Prospect to put with Cozens and Mittelstadt)
NYR 1st 2021
Nils Lundkvist (top prospect)

As a Sabres Fan I still dont want to trade Eichel for this mainly due to the fact he is a generational talent and they dont grow on trees. If we trade him, we wont see another one for a long time. Eichel is a 95 point center on a bad team. Put him on a good team and he can be over 100 easy. Honestly I cant imagine what he would put up with Panarin seeing what Strome is able to do with him....

no need to offer that much with drama, no thanks. we need guys built for the playoffs. he is not that type. too much of a defensive liability for playoff hockey. no thanks. 2 goals in 21 games. and this guy is a goal scorer. nope enough of the soft players

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Buch, Chytil, and Lindgren would get the Sabres attention but trading a generational talent without the possibility of getting one back makes it hard. I think Kakko has to be a part of a deal with the Rangers.

If the Sabres trade Eichel I cant see them doing a trade without a top draft pick coming back, in the draft, or a recent top 5 draft pick.

If I am the Sabres I am asking for:

Kakko (Potential to still be a generational winger)
Chytil (Solid Center Prospect to put with Cozens and Mittelstadt)
NYR 1st 2021
Nils Lundkvist (top prospect)

As a Sabres Fan I still dont want to trade Eichel for this mainly due to the fact he is a generational talent and they dont grow on trees. If we trade him, we wont see another one for a long time. Eichel is a 95 point center on a bad team. Put him on a good team and he can be over 100 easy. Honestly I cant imagine what he would put up with Panarin seeing what Strome is able to do with him....

You’re more likely to get Kravtsov there than Kakko and to be honest, I don’t even know if the Rangers would want to move Kravtsov right now. He looks ready for top-6 minutes next year.

If the Doink the Clown, I mean David Quinn, is fired, then we could see more of what these kids have.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah good luck with that, no one is trading you a Lafrenière or a Byfield for Eichel and every GM knows Adams is on borrowed time with Eichel’s NMC kicking in on 7/1/22.

its 2023 a NMC kicks in ...you need to have 7 yrs in the league...

you have to give to get...no spare parts crap

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Jack Eichel - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It kicks at the start of the offseason heading in the 22-23 season, which would be 7/1/22, his 7th season in the league.

Buffalo has a year and change to deal him before that NMC kicks in. Eichel has already talked to management about wanting change and improvement, that much is known, the TSN insiders reported this. They went out and got Staal and Hall to show him they were making a good faith effort. Neither worked out and are gone.

I’m not saying Eichel will go public and demand a trade, but I’d imagine he’s still not happy and will probably tell Adams behind the scenes to shop him. I’d also imagine Adams will want to deal him before that NMC kicks in and he controls where he goes.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
This is idiotic
sez you

on this we agree

hell no

this we also agree on, he should go to where you get best return which is possibly LA if they take the risk on Eich and his neck, but not NYR.

Being scared to trade in division is weak and dumb.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Jack Eichel - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It kicks at the start of the offseason heading in the 22-23 season, which would be 7/1/22, his 7th season in the league.

Buffalo has a year and change to deal him before that NMC kicks in. Eichel has already talked to management about wanting change and improvement, that much is known, the TSN insiders reported this. They went out and got Staal and Hall to show him they were making a good faith effort. Neither worked out and are gone.

I’m not saying Eichel will go public and demand a trade, but I’d imagine he’s still not happy and will probably tell Adams behind the scenes to shop him. I’d also imagine Adams will want to deal him before that NMC kicks in and he controls where he goes.

The NMC isn't the same as Hall because he's signed for four more years. He also has to agree to go somewhere or Sabres don't have to trade him. He doesn't hold all the cards at all.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
This is idiotic
sez you

on this we agree

hell no

If Eichel is EVER traded the risk would be on Buffalo if they trade him for young prospects.As much as we think we know how they will turn out ,everyone is guilty of this me included the fact is we don't know.Eichel we do know

Reactions: bernmeister

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

This is what nobody gets. Real life isn't like NHL 21 where you can pile all the crap you don't want to get a much better player.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
how many points do you think strome gets not playing with panarin in buffalo lmfao

Don't care because as I said before I don't want Eichel. Much rather go with an almost PPG pace Strome making less then half of what Eichel makes and keep the prospects and picks that are being thrown around. I dont think the few extra points warrants the additional salary and loss of youth. People act like Eichel will magically turn into a 120 point player if he plays on the Rangers. I dont see it.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern my friend please stop trying to pass this nonsense to la. We have no need for a 10 million a year center who is coming off season ending surgery Especially with the price sabres fans want for him. Thanks in advance
La king fan
KingTech

if you guys don't want him either, I understand.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wow. I guess we are trying reverse psychology here. If you say that this isn't a garbage offer enough, you hope people just accept it and go along with you. Buch and Strome have 1 year left on their deals. So neither of them are acceptable as the main piece going for Eichel.

But this trade screams "we'll trade you the used crap that we are done with for your young superstar 1C"

My counter to that is
I guess if we just ignore how the close the value of bern's pieces are to 4 1sts, then we can just piss all over his stuff and say it is garbage.
Even tho, if it is appreciably close enough to 4 1sts that is not the case.

Again
Rangers do not want Eichel
go west

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Kakko just turned 20 and wasn't getting a ton of icetime.

Also thee is a huge difference in cap hits.

When Eichel was 20, he scored 57 points in 61 games. Even at 19, he had 56 in 81. Kakko isn't even close to approaching that pace. Try to rationalize it all you want; Eichel's simply the superior player and always will be. Also he's a center. Kakko's value isn't even in the same ballpark.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
if you guys don't want him either, I understand.

I could see us interested when he has recovered and proven hes healthy and it didnt effect his ability to play hockey. I also want a fair trade value and this "4 firsts' bs is far far to much period. One young roster player on elc one A prospect and a B prospec/or mid pick at most.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
When Eichel was 20, he scored 57 points in 61 games. Even at 19, he had 56 in 81. Kakko isn't even close to approaching that pace. Try to rationalize it all you want; Eichel's simply the superior player and always will be. Also he's a center. Kakko's value isn't even in the same ballpark.

thanks captain obvious. What isn't clear is why he declined this season and how bad his neck injury is. If I am trading so many assets it has to be a sure thing, we don't need another declining Rick Nash all over again.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
There is no denying Eichel is a franchise number one center....He should be able to recover from his injury....If traded it will have to hurt and Buffalo will be looking for players to build upon with team control not players with soon expiring deals as main pieces.....

LokiCalder

Apr 20, 2021
Congratulations Jack, welcome to Columbus. Of course we gave up all our assets to get you so we won't ever be able to really compete for yrs.

You keep saying this, who the f*** does NY have ? Panarin, who isn't better than Laine when Laine is playing well, and who else ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad