Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Apr 10, 2012
There is no denying Eichel is a franchise number one center....He should be able to recover from his injury....If traded it will have to hurt and Buffalo will be looking for players to build upon with team control not players with soon expiring deals as main pieces.....
i'm sorry, he should be able to recover based on??? that's major injury. hopefully he's fine but there is no reason to assume that.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
My counter to that is
I guess if we just ignore how the close the value of bern's pieces are to 4 1sts, then we can just piss all over his stuff and say it is garbage.
Even tho, if it is appreciably close enough to 4 1sts that is not the case.

Again
Rangers do not want Eichel
go west

The value here is unimportant. Do you understand how trades in the NHL work? Buchnevich and Strome, if they get dealt, will be traded to contending teams who feel they are 1 piece away from being contenders. They do absolutely nothing for a rebuilding team. Said rebuilding team needs young talent (players or prospects) and

I actually don't disagree with your valuations. Lindgren, Buchnevich, and Strome probably do equal 3 1st round picks. But, let me flip the tables on you. In my hypothetical situation the Rangers are awful and looking to rebuild. They want to trade Panarin. Would you accept Lindgren, Buchnevich, and Strome (hell even adding a late 1st round pick to avoid the Panarin is better than Eichel debate)? No, you wouldn't.

Also, (not directed at you specifically) but why the hell would Rangers fans not include Kaako in a trade for Eichel? Makes no sense to me. There may be a 4 year difference, but the skill gap is much larger than that.

Edit: Rangers don't want Eichel. Who do you envision as your 1C? I don't see one in the Rags organization.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If Rangers make a trade for a center I rather see something like Kakko for Byfield. I think this would make sense for both teams.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
i'm sorry, he should be able to recover based on??? that's major injury. hopefully he's fine but there is no reason to assume that.

Sure there is he's young and an professional athlete.....He'll see the best of the best probability is high....He will have to prove he's recovered prior to trade no doubt...

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Same guy that has been broken all season and still got 18 points in 21 games

Good luck getting him cheap

tenor.gif

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If I'm Buffalo, I start and do not budge from an unprotected 1st + Laf + one of Buch/Chytil. No Kakko as a substitute.

You are trading a franchise center who is a known quantity - 70+ points at minimum in a normal year and probably good for much more than that centering Panarin. The injury worries are a smokescreen. They want the player with the expectation that he's healthy and lives up to his past. Those are the baseline assumptions the trade is being made on.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
If I'm Buffalo, I start and do not budge from an unprotected 1st + Laf + one of Buch/Chytil. No Kakko as a substitute.

You are trading a franchise center who is a known quantity - 70+ points at minimum in a normal year and probably good for much more than that centering Panarin. The injury worries are a smokescreen. They want the player with the expectation that he's healthy and lives up to his past. Those are the baseline assumptions the trade is being made on.

Buchnevich and/or Strome would have to go in the deal for cap purposes.

There are so few teams that could put together a package for Eichel as it is. Then this injury comes about. Just my opinion, but I highly doubt the Sabres are getting a Lafrenière or Byfield level prospect in the deal. I’m honestly surprised the Kings are even apart of this, to be honest. They’re further back in their rebuild and they have ridiculous center depth after Kopitar starts to decline sharply and then retires. If the Kings were further along or if LA’s core 4 (Kopitar, Doughty, Brown and Quick) hadn’t won 2 cups previously, then I could see the need to try to win one with them before they start to decline, but Brown is 37 in November, Quick is 36 in January and Kopitar turns 34 in August.

Reactions: Oneiro

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
And?

You can always get wingers rather cheap. Especially in a flat cap world. And you know that most centers can easily play on the wing, right?

LA would never, ever trade Byfield for Kakko. They haven't lost their mind...

wake me up when Byfield scores close to a point per game against grown men, like Kakko did when he was 17/18 scoring 43 points in 50 games and when Byfield has 3 gold medals or maybe plays an NHL game.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
wake me up when Byfield scores close to a point per game against grown men, like Kakko did when he was 17/18 scoring 43 points in 50 games and when Byfield has 3 gold medals or maybe plays an NHL game.
I don't think I'd pull out the "look what a proficient scorer Kakko is" card at this point. It's great he has a refined defensive game at such a young age, but offensively he's been a real disappointment at the NHL level.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don't think I'd pull out the "look what a proficient scorer Kakko is" card at this point. It's great he has a refined defensive game at such a young age, but offensively he's been a real disappointment at the NHL level.

as has been the Rangers coaching staff, blame them for it.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Can we please shut down the Eichel threads until Seattle and Ron Francis enter the picture?

It seems like a natural fit, with Francis looking for a franchise center and he can take on most of Skinner's contract too, if it lowers the compensation cost.

Buffalo gets a hard reset (cap wise) while probably getting some quality draft picks and solid young players other teams can't protect.

Seattle gets a top center and might be able to rehabilitate Skinner.

Once the protection lists come out and side deals are made, it should be a natural fit for both teams.

Reactions: bernmeister

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
no need to offer that much with drama, no thanks. we need guys built for the playoffs. he is not that type. too much of a defensive liability for playoff hockey. no thanks. 2 goals in 21 games. and this guy is a goal scorer. nope enough of the soft players

Slight correction. Eichel is a playmaker. He needs to utilize his great shot more though. Last year was the first year he was trying to do that. And then this year he couldn’t really shoot because of his injury.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Eichel trade stipulations.
1 Marquee piece (for the Rags this means one of Fox, LaF, Kakko, Shesty/Kings:Byfield)
No players who aren't under team control for more than 3 years can be considered positive assets to Buffalo. Trading Eichel means a reset, so a guy with one or two years left on his contract is essentially worthless. Strome is effectively worthless.
At least two magic beans (recently drafted 1st round prospect or future unprotected 1 Rd pick)

That's basically it. Salary can be added, but stipulations need to be met.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Watching Buffalo play now an Eichel trade seems more realistic. Reinhart has shown he can play center. Cozens looks the part of a top end center and suddenly Mittlestaedt looks good in the middle.

The Sabres have a good young core on the backend too: Dahlin, Bryson, Borgen and Joker.

therefore they are not going to have to trade either Eichel or Risto from a position of weakness.

nevertheless, if you are the Rangers at least offer LaFreniere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad