Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Eichel trade stipulations.
1 Marquee piece (for the Rags this means one of Fox, LaF, Kakko, Shesty/Kings:Byfield)
No players who aren't under team control for more than 3 years can be considered positive assets to Buffalo. Trading Eichel means a reset, so a guy with one or two years left on his contract is essentially worthless. Strome is effectively worthless.
At least two magic beans (recently drafted 1st round prospect or future unprotected 1 Rd pick)

That's basically it. Salary can be added, but stipulations need to be met.

thank you for clarifying what you think a deal should be.
Appreciate the full disclosure helps vs confusion.

Rangers decline, elect not to participate, and wish you good luck elsewhere.

And again, not to be rude, or casting a personal affront, Rangers do NOT have SURPLUS of bluest blue chips elcs available in trade FOR almost ANYONE (McDavid exception, which Eich is not).

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Watching Buffalo play now an Eichel trade seems more realistic. Reinhart has shown he can play center. Cozens looks the part of a top end center and suddenly Mittlestaedt looks good in the middle.

The Sabres have a good young core on the backend too: Dahlin, Bryson, Borgen and Joker.

therefore they are not going to have to trade either Eichel or Risto from a position of weakness.

nevertheless, if you are the Rangers at least offer LaFreniere.

No its not

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Can we please shut down the Eichel threads until Seattle and Ron Francis enter the picture?

It seems like a natural fit, with Francis looking for a franchise center and he can take on most of Skinner's contract too, if it lowers the compensation cost.

Buffalo gets a hard reset (cap wise) while probably getting some quality draft picks and solid young players other teams can't protect.

Seattle gets a top center and might be able to rehabilitate Skinner.

Once the protection lists come out and side deals are made, it should be a natural fit for both teams.
This slab of absurdity (Eichel as a sweetener in a cap dump? Seriously???) instantly dies a horrible death because Skinner has a full no move clause he in no way will waive to end up on the other end of the continent.

Reactions: Guttersniped

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Watching Buffalo play now an Eichel trade seems more realistic. Reinhart has shown he can play center. Cozens looks the part of a top end center and suddenly Mittlestaedt looks good in the middle.

The Sabres have a good young core on the backend too: Dahlin, Bryson, Borgen and Joker.

therefore they are not going to have to trade either Eichel or Risto from a position of weakness.

I honestly don’t think any team is offering that level of prospect and I think very few teams will actually be involved in serious talks with Adams as few very few have the pieces to put a legitimate package together and are at the right point in time to pull it off.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That’s fine. Kakko was untouchable for Eichel last offseason and Eichel’s value has only gone down. Don’t see what would make the Rangers change their mind.

not bothered on if the Rangers get Eichel or not. Would prefer they didn’t.

This^ and while Eich's value has gone down, Kakko's went up.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Edit: Rangers don't want Eichel. Who do you envision as your 1C? I don't see one in the Rags organization.

Right now, Zibanejad is the 1C. Whether he stays as one will depend on his asking price. My guess is the Rangers try to either extend him on a shorter term contract (4-5 years) or go for the longer contract at the discount rate. If Zib wants to cash in (as would be his right. He's been out-performing his current contract for years), then I could see the Rangers moving him at the deadline next year.

Beyond Zib? This team, for better or ill, has been defined by the two lottery wins. We have two players who will likely make a lot of money playing the wings (Laf and Kakko). That's in addition to Panarin and Kreider on long term high dollar contracts, and Kravtsov being a winger as well. The team is also deep on D prospects, some of whom will also start costing sooner rather than later (Trouba, Fox, Lindgren), and they have a #1 goalie who will be coming off his rookie deal and a backup who already costs more than the average backup.

What all of that basically means is that the Rangers have pieces in place throughout the roster except for the center position. Chytil is there. Maybe Barron. But if this team wants to stay cap compliant as our top kids move on to 2nd/3rd contracts, we're going to need to do some bargain shopping at the center position. We don't necessarily need a superstar at that spot. We need someone who can mesh with Laf/Kakko/Panarin/Kravtsov/Buchnevich. Put another way, we need a couple Michael Nylanders to go with our Strakas and Jagrs.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

No. The Rangers don’t need him, they just possibly need a 1C in the future. Absolutely no reason for them to give up Laf.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
How can so many act like the spine surgery doesnt matter. Eichel is damaged goods, window shut for now, til proven fully recovered to ace capability.

And both the Cap Hit, and acquisition costs cited here, are are arguments for NYR to look elsewhere, find a less costly emerging guy, like when they traded for Zib.

Reactions: bernmeister

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
That’s fine. Kakko was untouchable for Eichel last offseason and Eichel’s value has only gone down. Don’t see what would make the Rangers change their mind.

not bothered on if the Rangers get Eichel or not. Would prefer they didn’t.
You seriously wouldn't trade Eichel for Kakko ? I know your trying to make a point but now your just sounding ridiculous. Obviously as a sabre fan that is laughable.I don't want to trade Eichel for anybody other than a small handful of players and certainly not for propects

Reactions: Tripod

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How can so many act like the spine surgery doesnt matter. Eichel is damaged goods, window shut for now, til proven fully recovered to ace capability.

And both the Cap Hit, and acquisition costs cited here, are are arguments for NYR to look elsewhere, find a less costly emerging guy, like when they traded for Zib.

givrn other proposals sern on her by Ranger fans....they don’t get it.

to get even a potential 1C you’re spare parts aren’t going to get it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You seriously wouldn't trade Eichel for Kakko ? I know your trying to make a point but now your just sounding ridiculous. Obviously as a sabre fan that is laughable.I don't want to trade Eichel for anybody other than a small handful of players and certainly not for propects
It doesn’t matter if I would do it or not. I don’t think the Rangers do it. I don’t think it’s outlandish to ask for Kakko, but I wouldn’t expect it. Rangers may want the ELC/RFA rights as opposed to paying 10m a season for a guy. Maybe the Rangers don’t want a guy coming of neck surgery. I don’t know if I would do it or not honestly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I honestly think you ranger fans have taken over the leafs now
Where is the lie?

Kakko is better than he was last season, analytic stats are way up on him and his eye test is a lot better, and Eichel is coming off major surgery and is a year closer to to getting his NMC in effect.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
These Rags fan Eichel proposals are just as delusional as when they thought they'd dump Anthony DeAngelo to every team in the NHL for some of their best assets or when they thought they'd pry Zegras out of Anaheim for Chytil :laugh:

EDIT: Almost forgot when Rags fans decided to go after Dylan Larkin for spare parts lmao

Last edited:

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Where is the lie?

Kakko is better than he was last season, analytic stats are way up on him and his eye test is a lot better, and Eichel is coming off major surgery and is a year closer to to getting his NMC in effect.

You win rangers fans are the worst
tenor.gif

Btw the dude had 18 points with him being broken but not worth Kakko

Reactions: sabremike

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
These Rags fan Eichel proposals are just as delusional as when they thought they'd dump Anthony DeAngelo to every team in the NHL for some of their best assets or when they thought they'd pry Zegras out of Anaheim for Chytil :laugh:

EDIT: Almost forgot when Rags fans decided to go after Dylan Larkin for spare parts lmao
Deangelo for lindholm + small add was always a good 1

they are a wild bunch

Reactions: Guttersniped

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Deangelo for lindholm + small add was always a good 1

A lot of the early Rags fan Eichel proposals had DeAngelo as a centerpiece, and they got seriously offended when people pointed out that DeAngelo was a cancer that no team in their right mind would add for free, let alone for Eichel :laugh:

I also forgot about the very recent Kakko for Byfield proposal lmao

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A lot of the early Rags fan Eichel proposals had DeAngelo as a centerpiece, and they got seriously offended when people pointed out that DeAngelo was a cancer that no team in their right mind would add for free, let alone for Eichel :laugh:

I also forgot about the very recent Kakko for Byfield proposal lmao
Throwing shit at the wall and seein what sticks

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad