Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because our fans are sick and tired of the endless bullshit and disrespect we have been getting shown here with embarrassing dogshit Eichel offers and Rangers fans here tack on the "You are going to have to give him up for whatever we want to give you hahaha" that reeks of the New York sports fan "We are entitled to whatever player we want" attitude that causes everyone else on Earth to hate them with a passion. You aren't one of the offenders but others keep essentially trolling these threads and it's ridiculous.
Aren’t Sabres fans also New York sports fans?

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
One of my favorite topics. I'm afraid Jack Eichel will be traded. :(
What will I read then?

The exchange is optional for both parties. :)
NYR needs 1C. Not necessarily Eichel.

The degree of Jack Eichel's neck injury? Access to the Eichel medical record takes away most of the questions. Access to medical records of other players if necessary.
It is preferable for Buffalo to trade Eichel to another conference.

This topic is an exchange of Eichel at NYR. The condition of the problem is clear to me.
To exchange:
BUF needs to accommodate reasonable NYR requirements.
NYR needs to stop adding more and more players to the untouchable list.
Limited to: Kakko, Lafrenière, Miller, Fox.
Accept four First-round picks and agree to a small overpayment.
Stop including in exchange: Georgiev, Buchnevich, Strome.
The motivation is to reset the salary.

Some NYR fans think Buchnevich and Strome = 1st +, Georgiev = 1st.
BUF has to agree to this price. Let NYR trade these players favorably for another club.
In another deal that Buffalo would have nothing to do with. :laugh:
This deal may be a day ahead of the exchange of Eichel at NYR.

I think the deal can be done within the framework.

BUF: Chytil + Kravtsov + Schneider + unprotected 1st 2021 (22)
NYR: Eichel
Nils Lundkvist can replace any player.

BUF makes no sense to take less (one conference).

For NYR, the exchange is permissible.
The team has many options for other exchanges.
This is an attempt (with no chance of success) to roughly represent the compensation level of Eichel's exchange to the Rangers. :(

I think not the worst. I've seen some suggestions that make me smile:
One side:
BUF: Strome + Howden + 2nd round pick 2021

On the other hand:
BUF: Lafrenière + Kakko + Nils Lundkvist + unprotected 1st 2021

These suggestions are uplifting. :)
I will be happy to watch the new series “Eichel to Rangers”. :popcorn:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
A good report from the doctors and his trade value will be back up. There are 5-10 teams that have been searching for a 1C for many years. They'll take their chances on a full recovery if the doctors say so.
Screw the doctors. If he isn’t back playing as well as Eichel pre-injury nobody gives buffalo the package they want for him

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
BUF needs to accommodate reasonable NYR requirements.
NYR needs to stop adding more and more players to the untouchable list.
I think the deal can be done within the framework.

BUF: Chytil + Kravtsov + Schneider + unprotected 1st 2021 (22)
Nils Lundkvist can replace any player.

BUF makes no sense to take less (one conference).

For NYR, the exchange is permissible.

The above exchange is NOT permissible.

While the tone of your post suggests you would like to broker a peaceful middle ground, such construct begins with the assumption that Eichel to Rangers is desirable to Rangers when certain currency is included.
It is not.

We do not have a surplus of bluest blue chip elcs; we barely have enough for our internal needs for team depth and to manage cap w/younger roster costing less. THAT is the REALITY of it TODAY.

Now in a year, we can hope that if Eich must go b'c he wants out, for whatev reason, and IF he is medically acceptable b'c his neck is not a risk;
and
assuming the 10m cap hit is something Rangers can somehow handle,

THEN
it MAY be POSSIBLE
that new emerging elc from current assets (e.g. Barron)
and/or if also acquired via draft
or trade of Buch + Strome and possibly Zib

AT THAT POINT can generate adequate elcs to satisfy Sabes.

But we are not at that point or close to it today.

Both clubs have mutual rights:
to seek the specific compensation they want for Eichel
and
reciprocally whether or not to pay it.

If a deal needed to get done today --- and it does not --- NYR could provide various valuable compensation outside the bluest blue chip elcs that are worth the value of four 1sts or greater which Sabes reportedly have sought.

But for the present it would be in that currency and not bluest blue chip identified above, along with a couple of others.

Other deals may be possible.
We are not a good match for Eich.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Sabres should be a black hole of Calcutta trade zone for players lol

Coach: You got traded, son.
Player: Cool, where?
Coach: umm...
Player: ?
Coach: (whispers) ...Buffalo.
Player sharpens the end of his stick and falls on it.

Raian

Apr 19, 2021
Trouba has not been a problem this year at all, and he might be getting the captaincy next season. Last year was rough as he adjusted to a new team and had a collection of miserable defensive partners, but this year him and Miller have really helped each other out. They are going to be a very solid pairing.

Kreider deal is worse but he hasn’t been a problem either. He’s exactly who they thought he is. He is also leading (or was recently in the lead of) the NHL in power play goals. That’s not nothing.

Both are a little over paid but neither is a minus and neither is the reason that the Rangers won’t be contending.

I did not say Eichel was not worth 10m. I said at 10m there are economic repercussions if he is acquired.
Im simply suggesting Eichel at 10m is far more valuable than Trouba or Kreider and I think they jumped the gun to try and speed up the rebuild

the Rangers have a lot of guys to pay in the next two offseasons and having Trouba and Kreiders deals makes that harder to work around

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
You seriously wouldn't trade Eichel for Kakko ? I know your trying to make a point but now your just sounding ridiculous. Obviously as a sabre fan that is laughable.I don't want to trade Eichel for anybody other than a small handful of players and certainly not for propects

I wouldn’t. In fact I wouldn’t want Eichel at his cost on this team at all; see posts above.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Like former Hart trophy winner Taylor Hall?
How would we even know, the guy played hurt most of the season he played? But I guess when you have a bulged disk in your neck you are at your best. Plus the whole Ralph Kruger principals system might have played a role too.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
The above exchange is NOT permissible.

While the tone of your post suggests you would like to broker a peaceful middle ground, such construct begins with the assumption that Eichel to Rangers is desirable to Rangers when certain currency is included.
It is not.

We do not have a surplus of bluest blue chip elcs; we barely have enough for our internal needs for team depth and to manage cap w/younger roster costing less. THAT is the REALITY of it TODAY.

Now in a year, we can hope that if Eich must go b'c he wants out, for whatev reason, and IF he is medically acceptable b'c his neck is not a risk;
and
assuming the 10m cap hit is something Rangers can somehow handle,

THEN
it MAY be POSSIBLE
that new emerging elc from current assets (e.g. Barron)

AT THAT POINT can generate adequate elcs to satisfy Sabes.

But we are not at that point or close to it today.

Both clubs have mutual rights:
to seek the specific compensation they want for Eichel
and
reciprocally whether or not to pay it.

If a deal needed to get done today --- and it does not --- NYR could provide various valuable compensation outside the bluest blue chip elcs that are worth the value of four 1sts or greater which Sabes reportedly have sought.

But for the present it would be in that currency and not bluest blue chip identified above, along with a couple of others.

We are not a good match for Eich.

The above exchange is NOT permissible“.
I do not agree, everything is possible.

We do not have a surplus of bluest blue chip elcs; we barely have enough for our internal needs for team depth and to manage cap w/younger roster costing less.:thumbu::)
It's like a Yuma (Arizona) resident complaining about the lack of sunny days.

AT THAT POINT can generate adequate elcs to satisfy Sabes
I agree here. If the Rangers receive “the value of four 1sts or greater which Sabes reportedly have sought.”, everything is fine.
I wrote about this in a previous comment:
BUF has to agree to this price. Let NYR trade these players favorably for another club.
In another deal that Buffalo would have nothing to do with.
:laugh:
If the Rangers get good ELC players, Buffalo might be happy.

We are not a good match for Eich
“.
“The exchange is optional for both parties.
It is preferable for Buffalo to trade Eichel to another conference“.

In any case, many options are possible: - Eichel stays in Buffalo, leaves for NYR, LAK, OTT, SEA ……
«The Show Must Go On» :popcorn::)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
How would we even know, the guy played hurt most of the season he played? But I guess when you have a bulged disk in your neck you are at your best. Plus the whole Ralph Kruger principals system might have played a role too.
My point has been he's damaged goods, and now you defend him because he was injured. Part of me thinks that because the entire Sabres organization is a gong show from top to bottom, yeah, it's going to look like Eichel is the only shining light in the inescapable black hole of despair that is Buffalo. Im not interested in seeing how he does outside of it. You pop drinkers can keep him. It's his Hell, not mine. At least he can shop at your grocery nirvana, Wegmans.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Not if he doesn’t come back at a high level from a serious neck injury/surgery. Try ready the whole post before selectively editing a paragraph. If they would they’d be stupid. If he’s fully healed he’s a great player
I agree with your point of being healthy I really do.From my perspective as a Sabres fan iam not dealing Eichel unless he demands out.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Would be better served to keep him and have him motivated playing to make Sabres a playoff team
Agreed..Our young players are playing at a high level now adding Eichel and Ullmark will put them in the running next year.My big concern is adding a capable goalie not moving Eichel

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I do not agree, everything is possible.

We do not have a surplus of bluest blue chip elcs; we barely have enough for our internal needs for team depth and to manage cap w/younger roster costing less.:thumbu::)

AT THAT POINT can generate adequate elcs to satisfy Sabes
I agree here. If the Rangers receive “the value of four 1sts or greater which Sabes reportedly have sought.”, everything is fine.
In another deal that Buffalo would have nothing to do with.
:laugh:
If the Rangers get good ELC players, Buffalo might be happy.

We are not a good match for Eich
“.
“The exchange is optional for both parties.
It is preferable for Buffalo to trade Eichel to another conference“.

In any case, many options are possible: - Eichel stays in Buffalo, leaves for NYR, LAK, OTT, SEA ……
«The Show Must Go On» :popcorn::)

disagree to the most pertinent parts of the above

including but not limited to I specifically said:
You replied: "I do not agree, everything is possible."

No, unless God is directly involved, everything = anything is not possible anytime/all the time.

Your proposed exchange is NOT permissible for NYR.
The benefit of gaining Eichel does not outweigh the losses.

Other main point
I said:
"
We do not have a surplus of bluest blue chip elcs; we barely have enough for our internal needs for team depth and to manage cap w/younger roster costing less. “ "
Your reply:
:thumbu::)

Your response avoids the reckoning of the factually correct statement.

We do NOT have enuf surplus to permit trade, ergo recognizing that reality, we do not make blue chips available.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My point has been he's damaged goods, and now you defend him because he was injured. Part of me thinks that because the entire Sabres organization is a gong show from top to bottom, yeah, it's going to look like Eichel is the only shining light in the inescapable black hole of despair that is Buffalo. Im not interested in seeing how he does outside of it. You pop drinkers can keep him. It's his Hell, not mine. At least he can shop at your grocery nirvana, Wegmans.
The outside of your arena resembles the cantina scene from Star Wars and people are fleeing NYC at such a rapid rate that the housing market in places like Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange and Duchess is going through the roof so you might want to stop talking shit about Buffalo.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I do have a point, sorry you missed it so I’ll reiterate: the Sabres are a far ways away from competing in this league. The first thing you need is a new ownership group (most of you at least privately agree with this).
Ok I did miss your point sorry.As much as we like that to happen it won't Reality is we have a nice young core,we need a healthy Eichel and a healthy Ullmark with a competent backup.I would also like to get a few tough wingers.I don't want to sign a big UFA as I like our young core and having Skinner contract is enough.My opinion is we compete for a playoff spot next year with a healthy Eichel and Ullmark

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
The outside of your arena resembles the cantina scene from Star Wars and people are fleeing NYC at such a rapid rate that the housing market in places like Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange and Duchess is going through the roof so you might want to stop talking shit about Buffalo.
That's happening in a lot of urban centers. The rush to the burbs has been upping the value of my home (to quote 45) "Bigly"

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
DeAngelo on talent is one of the finest offensive D in the league. When you consider the whole package before the incident I don’t think there were that many people from the rangers fan base who thought he’d get more then a late first. No one I had seen would have even suggested lindholm 1 vs 1 except the usually suspects.
Man, I remember reading the Roster Building thread and there were a lot of "Monahan 1 for 1 isn't enough" and lots of talk about Lindholm 1 for 1.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Of course he would have to. I am just not sure it would be enough to fight off the NYPD.
Because they would be after him for grand larceny for sure....

What a horrifyingly bad offer for Eichel. If Gorton pulls that off, he has GM of the year in the bag for sure...

Your boy is damaged goods and your new GM is getting bent over by other GMs on all the trades. Should have traded him around last draft before the neck injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad