Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
And yet here we are, again, with yet another garbage Rags fan Eichel proposal

It's almost like clockwork

us Oiler fans hear yuh ! according to fans that didn't want to see him in Edmonton, after his first few years as an Oiler and without much playoff success, Connor McDavid was "going to ask to be traded"
and "he WANTS to play in Toronto", Canada's wanna be New York City, and all that garbage, usually from butt hurt Leafs fans!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: explore

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Why are Rangers fans the worst?

No one is saying Kakko is a better player than Eichel. We are saying that there are also economic considerations in a deal. 10m a season is a lot to commit. Also not for nothing but if Eichel means the Rangers need to commit more years to David Quinn, I wouldn’t trade Jack Johnson for him.

I liked this post specifically for this.

If trading for Eichel means that I have to deal with Doink The Clown furthermore, I’m more than ok with hoping that Barkov hits free agency or drafting Aatu Raty and hoping he becomes the 2C of the future.

Reactions: MtlsabresFAN

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Man, I remember reading the Roster Building thread and there were a lot of "Monahan 1 for 1 isn't enough" and lots of talk about Lindholm 1 for 1.

Monahan isn’t wanted because...

1. He isn’t a big game performer.

2. His numbers this year and last year haven’t been good.

3. He’s going to command a big new deal in 2 years and might not produce like that in NY.

4. His numbers follow Gaudreau’s a little too closely, especially the last 4 seasons. When Gaudreau’s numbers are up, so are Monahan’s. When they go down, it’s the same thing.

5. Calgary needs an entire culture change and it’s been rumored that Gaudreau and Monahan being moved would be the culture change needed to move forward. Listen to or watch TSN’s Overdrive. They’ve discussed it at length on there.

Reactions: bernmeister

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Some articles about it if your interested.
Rangers had "reasonable" trade offer on table for Jack Eichel, teams unlikely to beat them - Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics

Edit: Deleted a link because it said Dreger claims Eichel requested a trade? I can't find that anywhere else. Probably a fake article.

Forever Blueshirts isn’t a legitimate source at all. The guy who runs it is a clout chasing clown. He was the one pushing the Gaudreau to NYR rumors, which were complete bullshit.

The Eichel to NYR rumors came from Dreger. He was the one who reported that Adams and Gorton spoke about Eichel.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
The funny thing if he was a New York ranger they be asking for cozens + +++

Maybe they will understand now

Considering Cozens is closer in value to Kravtsov or Lundkvist than to Lafreniere or Kakko, and there have been plenty of proposals by Rangers fans over the last several months in which one (or both) of Krav and Lund go back the other way as the primary prospects in the trade, I'm not sure what your point is?

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Considering Cozens is closer in value to Kravtsov or Lundkvist than to Lafreniere or Kakko, and there have been plenty of proposals by Rangers fans over the last several months in which one (or both) of Krav and Lund go back the other way as the primary prospects in the trade, I'm not sure what your point is?
Clearly you just don't watch Cozens

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Clearly you just don't watch Cozens

Or, more likely, is just overrating his own teams' guys. I mean, Cozens is the same age as Kakko, just as productive, and plays the more valuable position, yet apparently he's not even close in value because idk...pre-draft hype? Everything the Rangers touch is simply gold?

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
This slab of absurdity (Eichel as a sweetener in a cap dump? Seriously???) instantly dies a horrible death because Skinner has a full no move clause he in no way will waive to end up on the other end of the continent.

You are kidding, right? I don't think you read or understood my point.

Where did I ever say Eichel would be a sweetener to move Skinner?

I would expect an (almost) full value trade for Eichel from Seattle, since they should be able to collect draft picks and young players to put together a very fair package, flush with players that would interest the Sabres.

A mix of high draft picks, young players with solid talent (like say a Ryan Graves or Jost from Colorado) and even vets on expiring deals that Buffalo can flip for more draft picks.

The cost would only come down a slight bit because Seattle can also take on Skinner. Freeing Buffalo of that horrific contract.

You mean to tell me that Skinner wouldn't want to play for Seattle, if it means getting out of Buffalo and playing for a competitive team?

Playing for Ron Francis, who he has known for years from Carolina?

Well, if he isnt willing to move out West to get a new lease on hockey life, then he is an idiot.

No other team can or will take on that Skinner contract, at least not close to full value, but Seattle can take the hit on Skinner, Eichel's contract AND send back quality assets.

It is one of the best resolutions for everyone involved.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You are kidding, right? I don't think you read or understood my point.

Where did I ever say Eichel would be a sweetener to move Skinner?

I would expect an (almost) full value trade for Eichel from Seattle, since they should be able to collect draft picks and young players to put together a very fair package, flush with players that would interest the Sabres.

A mix of high draft picks, young players with solid talent (like say a Ryan Graves or Jost from Colorado) and even vets on expiring deals that Buffalo can flip for more draft picks.

The cost would only come down a slight bit because Seattle can also take on Skinner. Freeing Buffalo of that horrific contract.

You mean to tell me that Skinner wouldn't want to play for Seattle, if it means getting out of Buffalo and playing for a competitive team?

Playing for Ron Francis, who he has known for years from Carolina?

Well, if he isnt willing to move out West to get a new lease on hockey life, then he is an idiot.

No other team can or will take on that Skinner contract, at least not close to full value, but Seattle can take the hit on Skinner, Eichel's contract AND send back quality assets.

It is one of the best resolutions for everyone involved.
He forced a move to Buffalo in the first place because he wanted to be close to his family and significant other who live in the GTA and obviously the Leafs were not an option.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
He forced a move to Buffalo in the first place because he wanted to be close to his family and significant other who live in the GTA and obviously the Leafs were not an option.

Well, then Skinner is in for a miserable hockey existence for years to come, perhaps until the end of his playing days. But I guess as long as the checks clear, he will be happy enough. If that is indeed the case, that is the last type of player you want in your locker room.

If anything, that should only help Ron Francis, if he opts to pursue Eichel. By not having to take on Skinner's albatross of a contract.

Seattle should be flush with high draft picks (there might not be as many side deals as Vegas, but there will be some), interesting young players at the ELC/RFA range and vets on expiring contracts who can be traded for even more draft picks.

If LA isn't a serious player, then moving him out to Seattle is probably the next best option in terms of compensation and distance.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
A neutral fan here, NYR aren’t going to trade a mix of LaF, Fox, Kakko, 1st round picks etc. for an unsure injured Eichel and his cap. Eichel is a top young C and hopefully he comes back next season but there’s no reason for the Rangers to do this.

The Rangers in a season or two will be the Avalanche of the East. Panarin, Zibanajed, Fox etc. as well as a solid #1 goalie and all the young talented players making less than Eichel combined is amazing. No reason to take a chance on moving a chunk of that for Eichel.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

So, to be clear, is Skinner still dating the Lifetime/Hallmark actress who tends to make one film or so a year?

If so, even though Toronto is a set for a lot of those movies, so is Vancouver, which is like a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle, right?

If I am debating between staying in Buffalo for a complete rebuild, where you have already seen Hall moved and Eichel could be next, or Seattle, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Maybe convince the whole family to move to a milder climate, at least for part of the year during the brutal winter months, and never have to worry about Buffalo ownership or their craziness ever again.

At least that would be my thought process.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Or, more likely, is just overrating his own teams' guys. I mean, Cozens is the same age as Kakko, just as productive, and plays the more valuable position, yet apparently he's not even close in value because idk...pre-draft hype? Everything the Rangers touch is simply gold?

You'll find yourself swimming against the tide if your view is that Cozens is ~equal in value to Kakko, I fear.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
You'll find yourself swimming against the tide if your view is that Cozens is ~equal in value to Kakko, I fear.
I'm confused, I like Kakko and think he'll improve with more experience but how is he better than Cozens? Both are young, relatively the same size, one plays a more impactful position, they're scoring at about the same rate 16pts in 44gms compared to 13pts in 34gms. Most people given two relatively equal prospects would take the center over the winger, so outside of draft position what exactly makes Kakko better?

Reactions: Joey Banana

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
1) I live in the Metro area so I see the whole entitled mentality first-hand with both the fans and media constantly demanding Player X has to come to NY because it's their birthright to get any player they want.

So again, you think it’s ok to generalize. Got it.

2) I'll be specific and say your post was as useless as a screen door submarine.

If you think this, you’re not getting the point, but then again, I don’t expect someone who is delusional enough to think something as ridiculously stupid and close minded as this to be able to get the point I’m making.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Care to provide an argument as to how they’re not close in value? Like anything of actual substance instead of meaningless statements?

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I'm confused, I like Kakko and think he'll improve with more experience but how is he better than Cozens? Both are young, relatively the same size, one plays a more impactful position, they're scoring at about the same rate 16pts in 44gms compared to 13pts in 34gms. Most people given two relatively equal prospects would take the center over the winger, so outside of draft position what exactly makes Kakko better?

The question wasn't who is better strictly speaking, but rather who is more valuable.

But, since we're on the topic anyway, Kakko has substantially better relative possession metrics than Cozens across the board in all situations (both in aggregate and individually, notwithstanding shorthanded because neither player has played any significant minutes on the PK) including Corsi, Fenwick, Expected Goals, Scoring Chances and High-Danger Corsi.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
A neutral fan here, NYR aren’t going to trade a mix of LaF, Fox, Kakko, 1st round picks etc. for an unsure injured Eichel and his cap. Eichel is a top young C and hopefully he comes back next season but there’s no reason for the Rangers to do this.

The Rangers in a season or two will be the Avalanche of the East. Panarin, Zibanajed, Fox etc. as well as a solid #1 goalie and all the young talented players making less than Eichel combined is amazing. No reason to take a chance on moving a chunk of that for Eichel.

There is a Buffalo fan who actually thinks Laf + Fox + Lundkvist + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick is not enough to get Eichel.

Zib is good enough. Eichel is not enough of an improvement over Zib to give up four high end assets.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
The question wasn't who is better strictly speaking, but rather who is more valuable.

But, since we're on the topic anyway, Kakko has substantially better relative possession metrics than Cozens across the board in all situations (both in aggregate and individually, notwithstanding shorthanded because neither player has played any significant minutes on the PK) including Corsi, Fenwick, Expected Goals, Scoring Chances and High-Danger Corsi.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick
So who has better linemates? Who has a much higher o-zone start %? The comparative stats are a mixed bag, with each having some better, some not. Both are pretty comprable, and if I can be so bold to speak for most Sabres fans they're quite happy with Cozens and his progression. I doubt you'd find any that would swap players, just as I'd imagine I'd be hard pressed to find Rangers fans wanting to swap

Reactions: Joey Banana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad