Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Man, I remember reading the Roster Building thread and there were a lot of "Monahan 1 for 1 isn't enough" and lots of talk about Lindholm 1 for 1.
Maybe pre contract signing. Definitely not now going on his 4th team after this fiasco. I expect some team will give him a 1yr 1-1.5 mil show me deal. He’s too talented not to play, it’s the other stuff that drags down his value. Offensively everyone can see he has the goods and for those who trashed him defensively, he was still a plus player dragging around Staal as a partner, he’s not much more the a pylon now since his injuries. I would think he would put up great numbers in the right situation, however trades are made on more things then just talent alone

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
These Rags fan Eichel proposals are just as delusional as when they thought they'd dump Anthony DeAngelo to every team in the NHL for some of their best assets or when they thought they'd pry Zegras out of Anaheim for Chytil :laugh:

EDIT: Almost forgot when Rags fans decided to go after Dylan Larkin for spare parts lmao
And how many Ranger fans said those trades were bad for the other team? You have less than 10 NYR fans acting like we can get those prospects for nothing.

For Eichel, most of us know the cost is too high. Just because we don't want to pay it doesn't mean we expect Eichel for less. We know that if Fox, Kakko or Fox aren't involved there is no deal, regardless the package. We know Buffalo wants Laf over Kakko.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Im simply suggesting Eichel at 10m is far more valuable than Trouba or Kreider and I think they jumped the gun to try and speed up the rebuild

the Rangers have a lot of guys to pay in the next two offseasons and having Trouba and Kreiders deals makes that harder to work around
I mean that’s any sport where there’s a salary cap. You pay for success. Also you aren’t considering the context of the moves that the Rangers made for those players. When they traded for Trouba they didn’t know that Adam Fox was going to be a Norris candidate. Heck it was before Fox had even played NHL game. Kreider was signed before the Rangers win the draft lottery to take Lafreniere. Do they make either move in hindsight? Maybe? But they were filling out their roster and trying to get better. That’s usually what teams try to do. Of course the Rangers have guys to pay, and they will need to figure that out, but either way Kreider and Trouba are not negatives

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Your boy is damaged goods and your new GM is getting bent over by other GMs on all the trades. Should have traded him around last draft before the neck injury.
His username is: "JoemAvs" and he has a picture of Svatos in an Avalanche jersey. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he's probably not a Sabres fan.
I will also say I'm also a little confused on the "new GM getting bent over by other GM's on all the trades" comment. Like which trades in particular? Because right now I'd say he's been ok. Not great, not terrible, not really any big deals thus far to make a statement like that in my opinion.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
My point has been he's damaged goods, and now you defend him because he was injured. Part of me thinks that because the entire Sabres organization is a gong show from top to bottom, yeah, it's going to look like Eichel is the only shining light in the inescapable black hole of despair that is Buffalo. Im not interested in seeing how he does outside of it. You pop drinkers can keep him. It's his Hell, not mine. At least he can shop at your grocery nirvana, Wegmans.

Pop drinkers as an insult? Well that’s a new one :laugh:

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
wake me up when Byfield scores close to a point per game against grown men, like Kakko did when he was 17/18 scoring 43 points in 50 games and when Byfield has 3 gold medals or maybe plays an NHL game.

Wake me up when Kakko's 0.34 p/pg pace goes up close to a whole point.

Gorton would need to hire a bodyguard if he made this trade.

There is a joke about angry Sabres fans hidden in this delusional post. Luckily they'd go for the Pegulas first, buying him some time.

I do have a point, sorry you missed it so I’ll reiterate: the Sabres are a far ways away from competing in this league. The first thing you need is a new ownership group (most of you at least privately agree with this).

Could you define your use of the word "far"

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
The funny thing if he was a New York ranger they be asking for cozens + +++

Maybe they will understand now

Completely different situation. In that case NY would have their 1C which they need so the ask would be very high to get rid of him. Eichel would also be winning more so presumably happier so there would be no worry when his NMC kicks in. They would also have figured out their cap situation if he was there (which is another issue for them currently if they bring in Eichel)

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Completely different situation. In that case NY would have their 1C which they need so the ask would be very high to get rid of him. Eichel would also be winning more so presumably happier so there would be no worry when his NMC kicks in. They would also have figured out their cap situation if he was there (which is another issue for them currently if they bring in Eichel)

You totally missed the point

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Wait are the Sabres really thinking of trading Eichel to the Rangers? I think that would be a mistake and obviously good for the Rangers. If they do trade him don't pull another ROR again...

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Wait are the Sabres really thinking of trading Eichel to the Rangers? I think that would be a mistake and obviously good for the Rangers. If they do trade him don't pull another ROR again...

No. Some Rangers blogger almost a year ago said the Sabres weren't shopping Eichel, but the Rangers had called and asked about him anyway, and certain posters on this site haven't shut up about it since.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Wake me up when Kakko's 0.34 p/pg pace goes up close to a whole point.

There is a joke about angry Sabres fans hidden in this delusional post. Luckily they'd go for the Pegulas first, buying him some time.

Could you define your use of the word "far"
Far: The distance between you and a dictionary

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
No. Some Rangers blogger almost a year ago said the Sabres weren't shopping Eichel, but the Rangers had called and asked about him anyway, and certain posters on this site haven't shut up about it since.
And by certain posters, you should specify; Not All Rangers Fans.

This thread wasn’t even started by a Rangers fan. I recall an Oilers fan creating an Eichel to NYR thread too.

A good portion of us want nothing to do with him.

And some NYR blogger isn’t the only one that tweeted about Eichel and NYR. Bob McKenzie tweeted about it a few months back. There was also an article in the athletic about it.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Some articles about it if your interested.
Rangers had "reasonable" trade offer on table for Jack Eichel, teams unlikely to beat them - Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics

Edit: Deleted a link because it said Dreger claims Eichel requested a trade? I can't find that anywhere else. Probably a fake article.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
My point has been he's damaged goods, and now you defend him because he was injured. Part of me thinks that because the entire Sabres organization is a gong show from top to bottom, yeah, it's going to look like Eichel is the only shining light in the inescapable black hole of despair that is Buffalo. Im not interested in seeing how he does outside of it. You pop drinkers can keep him. It's his Hell, not mine. At least he can shop at your grocery nirvana, Wegmans.

Hey. I love the Rangers. But don't f*** about with making fun of Wegmans (also, that's more of a Rochester thing than a Buffalo thing).

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I give this thread 1/5 Goergies

174253125_10208638906808310_3799551750748979091_n.jpg

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad