Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If Eichel can come back healthy and play a full season he's a 95 point center which is top 6 or 7 in the league most seasons.

High ankle sprain his second season cost him over 20 games.

Missed another 15 games the season after with another ankle sprain. And the herniated disc this year.

He’s not a 95 point player. He also has a 10M cap hit and will cost a shit ton of assets to acquire. He can rot on the Sabres and admire Josh Allen until his contract expires.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Eichel has taken a step back this season.

Barkov and Matthews massive steps forward, especially Barkov who is playing like a force this year.

FWIW, Draisaitl still gets his big points playing on the wing with McDavid. I have a hard time saying someone’s a top 3 centre on the planet when their xGF% is like 45% when they’re actually playing centre. Not saying he’s not an elite talent, because you don’t score a billion points if you’re not, just think he found a perfect home with 97 and those two mesh. I’m sure Oil fans will skewer this reasons though with some mental gymnastics lol.

Eichel is still a top 10 centre on the planet, and could easily be a top 5 guy again if he gets back in groove.
I wonder if Matthews or Barkov would take a step back with a herniated disc in their neck too?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I'm sure this has been had before but doesn't appear anywhere recently.

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

You would be lucky to get Kakko straight up at this point. Who knows how bad that neck injury is.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
NYR are going to have to give two of Fox/Laf/Kakko/Chytil/Sherterkin to start the conversation. There'd be more to work out but without two of those listed it's not going anywhere

LOL, go talk to LA then.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I mean cap is an issue. No doubt. Still doesn't justify these joke offers. But considering that Eichel would be your most valuable asset the moment you make that trade and is still only 24 with 5 more years on his fair contract, there is a good argument that you make the trade anyways and then worry about the cap later. Its probably worth it because the Rangers are never going to get a better player to upgrade your #1 C position once Eichel is off the table...

But yeah. Doesn't matter anyways. I expect the Kings or another team to be smart enough to take advantage of the Eichel situation (if he ever gets traded) over the Rangers anyways. Kings are a better trading partner for the Sabres and other teams might be more desperate..

Not a matter of smart as opposed to a dif of op in strategy.
Max bet on all blue chips also gives NY depth as well as affordable cap picture.

Kings ARE a better partner for this particular situation/player, because in the specific area of pivot, they have an over surplus beyond their needs. They may need help elsewhere, but they clearly DO have enough extra Cs to deal for an upgrade, unlike the Rangers who have more elcs to more positions, but not a surplus anywhere except maybe LD.
And no, would not do something around KAM for JE.

----------

Again, I'm not offering for Eichel, nor recommending Rangers do.

But an offer of Lindgren + Strome + Buch should be a value worth close to the 4 1sts being sought.
So even if it is not the currency BUF wants, it is a credible, not a garbage offer.
That is esp true if we acknowledge Eich
a) is potential injury risk esp as to neck;
and b) is an actual huge cap hit [NY should avoid becoming TOR].

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Not a matter of smart as opposed to a dif of op in strategy.
Max bet on all blue chips also gives NY depth as well as affordable cap picture.

Kings ARE a better partner for this particular situation/player, because in the specific area of pivot, they have an over surplus beyond their needs. They may need help elsewhere, but they clearly DO have enough extra Cs to deal for an upgrade, unlike the Rangers who have more elcs to more positions, but not a surplus anywhere except maybe LD.
And no, would not do something around KAM for JE.

----------

Again, I'm not offering for Eichel, nor recommending Rangers do.

But an offer of Lindgren + Strome + Buch should be a value worth close to the 4 1sts being sought.
So even if it is not the currency BUF wants, it is a credible, not a garbage offer.
That is esp true if we acknowledge Eich
a) is potential injury risk esp as to neck;
and b) is an actual huge cap hit [NY should avoid becoming TOR].
It’s a garbage offer for Eichel and one that gets the phone hung up.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It’s a garbage offer for Eichel and one that gets the phone hung up.

Let's be a little scientific and objective about this, ok?

Buch worth 1st+
ditto Strome
Lindgren = 1st

no other consideration in a deal that is 3+ right there.

And I didn't have a problem valuing eich at 4, but now he has neck issues. That devalues him.

We can quibble, but it is NOT a garbage offer.

It is currency you don't want and fine, you are free to reject it, and see if LAK will/will not indulge you.

But it is not a garbage offer when reasonable projections of value for both sides are this close.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Buch worth 1st+
ditto Strome
Lindgren = 1st

And I didn't have a problem valuing eich at 4, but now he has neck issues. That devalues him.

It is currency you don't want and fine, you are free to reject it, and see if LAK will/will not indulge you.

But it is not a garbage offer when reasonable projections of value for both sides are this close.

If you have to write out all this to try and convince people that your garbage offer isn't a garbage offer, hint: it's a garbage offer

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If you have to write out all this to try and convince people that your garbage offer isn't a garbage offer, hint: it's a garbage offer

Or we can all do simple math quickly enuf?

I get that Sabes don't want fair value for their guy.
Nobody does.
Trades are usually not made for equal value or a loss. They are made for some form of profit.

Sabes fans want value of 4 1sts on their terms only and they will have to get that elsewhere.
NY does not have a surplus of blue chip elcs beyond its own immediate needs.
by next season that could change/or not.
but that is where NYR is today.
And that GMJG did not pull trigger on this deal in that currency before proves my position.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Buch worth 1st+
ditto Strome
Lindgren = 1st

You're pretty bad at this...

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Or we can all do simple math quickly enuf?

I get that Sabes don't want fair value for their guy.
Nobody does.
Trades are usually not made for equal value or a loss. They are made for some form of profit.

Sabes fans want value of 4 1sts on their terms only and they will have to get that elsewhere.
NY does not have a surplus of blue chip elcs beyond its own immediate needs.
by next season that could change/or not.
but that is where NYR is today.
And that GMJG did not pull trigger on this deal in that currency before proves my position.
They don’t want those pieces though. It’s not just about what you perceive the “value” of those players to be, the actual players being offered matter too. It’s a hilarious bad offer and you can look at the fact that there isn’t a single person telling you otherwise as proof that it’s as close to objectively bad as these things can get. You aren’t offering them any futures, it’s random pieces with only one player younger than Eichel, and Eichel would get futures.

Chytil, Kravstov, Lundkvist and the NYR trade a Strome to a different team to get a 1st or more futures for Buffalo. (Similar to the 3 way Duchene deal.)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They don’t want those pieces though. It’s not just about what you perceive the “value” of those players to be, the actual players being offered matter too. It’s a hilarious bad offer and you can look at the fact that there isn’t a single person telling you otherwise as proof that it’s as close to objectively bad as these things can get. You aren’t offering them any futures, it’s random pieces with only one player younger than Eichel, and Eichel would get futures.

Chytil, Kravstov, Lundkvist and the NYR trade a Strome to a different team to get a 1st or more futures for Buffalo. (Similar to the 3 way Duchene deal.)

I never said they have to "want" those pieces.
They have a right to demand what they want, we have a right to pay what we will, if we choose an offer at all.

Let us remember this is all hypothetical, other than a credible source suggests a value of four 1sts is the min sabes will take.

I am not forcing my combo down anyone's throat.
I am taking exception to anyone saying in a vacuum it is not close to the benchmark of 4 1sts value.
If that is true, then since it is close it cannot be deemed a garbage offer.

Again, would hope Sabes turn it around super quick and he stays.

Or get your young pivot from LA if they entertain the notion.

But Rangers must not go there.
Not with the limitations of the current roster and the reality of cap.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
At this point there’s no reason even discussing an Eichel deal without 2 things happening first
1. Eichel comes back and proves there are no severe lasting effects from a pretty serious neck injury. And
2. He’s pissed off enough to want out of Buffalo

When 2 happens you will see more smoke and more things being leaked. But obviously he’s got to come back and perform at a high level first or the point is moot.

mod course berns offer makes no sense. It doesn’t give the Sabres any ELC or first year contracts. Something that would be vital to a team like Buffalo if they deal Eichel. Management is going to want young guys with years of control
Buch up for raise
Lindgren up for raise
Strome up for raise.
See where they are going with this

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Love Eichel.
I think, if he gets moved, that Buffalo fans will be disappointed with the return.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
"At this point there’s no reason even discussing an Eichel deal without 2 things happening first
1. Eichel comes back and proves there are no severe lasting effects from a pretty serious neck injury. And
2. He’s pissed off enough to want out of Buffalo

When 2 happens you will see more smoke and more things being leaked. But obviously he’s got to come back and perform at a high level first or the point is moot."
Agree word for word.

"mod course berns offer makes no sense. It doesn’t give the Sabres any ELC or first year contracts. Something that would be vital to a team like Buffalo if they deal Eichel. Management is going to want young guys with years of control
Buch up for raise
Lindgren up for raise
Strome up for raise.
See where they are going with this"
Disagree.
There are 2 sides to every coin.
both clubs have to pay for quality, everyone does, that is how the market works.

Buch up for raise
Lindgren up for raise
Strome up for raise.

are

vs
Eichel already huge salary, and that is one position vs 3.

Now all of that would be discussable but I would still recommend no both due to Eichel's neck, but set that aside, and b'c we would have zero control until Trouba goes.
So I still vote no and recommend Sabes seek out Kings, who have an over surplus at pivot prospects

Except maybe as to lesser LDs [Reunanen] on top of those we are keeping for our internal needs [robertson and jones on the left, Nils L and Schneider on the right], we do not truly have spare blue chip elcs to pass out.
People have to recognize and admit that last phrase. It IS a FACT

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers need more guys who are playoff players. players who can teach the young players how to battle and maximize their physical play by getting more players suited for playoff hockey.. need more grit and a mix here. we have too much finesse types on this team. need grit and players style built for when they do make the playoffs. soft teams don't do much, like last year in the bubble vs the Hurricanes. too much of a defensive liability and some drama at a young age not injuries but those not good in the room type. no thanks, rather hope one of the kids surprises and can be a better Eichel type. rather wait than rush to make a trade. Rather resign Mika and or to try for Barkov or a player who is a complete type of player like he is

Reactions: bernmeister

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Buch worth 1st+
ditto Strome
Lindgren = 1st

This is idiotic

Eichel is under contract another 5 years.

Strome is a UFA after 1 and Buch has 2 yrs.

Lingren is not ED exempt and doesn’t have a 1st round value.

you don’t have the centers to send back.

ir starts with Laf +Fox+ more to even have a chance.

if Buffalo trades him it would be outside their conference.

tmack224

Aug 18, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Buch, Chytil, and Lindgren would get the Sabres attention but trading a generational talent without the possibility of getting one back makes it hard. I think Kakko has to be a part of a deal with the Rangers.

If the Sabres trade Eichel I cant see them doing a trade without a top draft pick coming back, in the draft, or a recent top 5 draft pick.

If I am the Sabres I am asking for:

Kakko (Potential to still be a generational winger)
Chytil (Solid Center Prospect to put with Cozens and Mittelstadt)
NYR 1st 2021
Nils Lundkvist (top prospect)

As a Sabres Fan I still dont want to trade Eichel for this mainly due to the fact he is a generational talent and they dont grow on trees. If we trade him, we wont see another one for a long time. Eichel is a 95 point center on a bad team. Put him on a good team and he can be over 100 easy. Honestly I cant imagine what he would put up with Panarin seeing what Strome is able to do with him....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad