Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Eichel

for

Lafreniere
Fox
Kakko
Shestyorkin
Chytil
2021’, 2023’ & 2025’ First Rounders
My first born
The 1994 Stanley Cup
Brian Leetch
The Empire State Building
Trump Tower
The Yankees
&
a 3rd.

Forgot to add Zib, Bread, Nolan Ryan and Sam Rosen.

Reactions: Elliman

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Columbus with 3 first round picks was a suitor I had not considered before opening this thread at least. Rangers remain the front runner I say cause they can offer Kakko+ without thinking twice really.

kakko+ doesn’t get their call returned

having 3 1sts is utter meaningless ehen 2 of them could be 28-32 range. Columbus doesn’t have a center to trade back

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Drai, Mackinnon and Matthews are better than Eichel.

I would consider The top Cs in this order:

McDavid
Mackinnon
Eichel/Draisaitl
Matthew/Barkov

Eichel undoubtedly a top C the NYR need. Barkov is only 1.5 years away from UFA. I expect lots of offers including NYR that might not mortgage their future.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

McDavid
Mackinnon
Eichel/Draisaitl
Matthew/Barkov

Eichel undoubtedly a top C the NYR need. Barkov is only 1.5 years away from UFA. I expect lots of offers including NYR which might not mortgage their future.

Bakov is resigning in FLA in all likelihood.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
We have seen what playing with a superstar like Panarin can do to an average/below average player like Ryan Strome, imagine Eichel going from Buffalo to playing beside Panarin. i dont doubt he would put up at least 100 points a year.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
We have seen what playing with a superstar like Panarin can do to an average/below average player like Ryan Strome, imagine Eichel going from Buffalo to playing beside Panarin. i dont doubt he would put up at least 100 points a year.
Eichel could do that without Panarin. He scored 36 goals and had 78 points in 68 games before Covid last season. That is a 43 goal and 94 point pace on a team that has been the perennial laughing stock of the league and also coached by Ralph Krueger.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
I'm sure this has been had before but doesn't appear anywhere recently.

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: explore

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I get it for sure there is a risk.Of course the way our young players are playing now with Eichel and Ullmark out and still winning or staying close could bode well for us. Ad Eichel and Ullmark the turnaround can be real quick.Who knows? Will be interesting summer and beginning of next season for sure!
Optimism is good but I think that deep inside every Buffalo fan’s heart is the realization that things won’t turn around unless a new ownership group is established.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

McDavid
Mackinnon
Eichel/Draisaitl
Matthew/Barkov

Eichel undoubtedly a top C the NYR need. Barkov is only 1.5 years away from UFA. I expect lots of offers including NYR that might not mortgage their future.

Eichel has taken a step back this season.

Barkov and Matthews massive steps forward, especially Barkov who is playing like a force this year.

FWIW, Draisaitl still gets his big points playing on the wing with McDavid. I have a hard time saying someone’s a top 3 centre on the planet when their xGF% is like 45% when they’re actually playing centre. Not saying he’s not an elite talent, because you don’t score a billion points if you’re not, just think he found a perfect home with 97 and those two mesh. I’m sure Oil fans will skewer this reasons though with some mental gymnastics lol.

Eichel is still a top 10 centre on the planet, and could easily be a top 5 guy again if he gets back in groove.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NYR are going to have to give two of Fox/Laf/Kakko/Chytil/Sherterkin to start the conversation. There'd be more to work out but without two of those listed it's not going anywhere

fine.
we do not want a deal even for a lot less

please, check out LA

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Optimism is good but I think that deep inside every Buffalo fan’s heart is the realization that things won’t turn around unless a new ownership group is established.
The same ownership group figured out the Bills whom have a great f/o. Probably where the hope stems from. Eventually bumblef***ing on to the right fit for the Sabres.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Do you think they’ll trade us their aircraft carrier for this rebuilt passenger ferry, our rowboat (with life jackets!), this nearly new set of water skis and the plans for a destroyer, along with most of the steel needed to build it?

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

Barkov and Matthews massive steps forward, especially Barkov who is playing like a force this year.

FWIW, Draisaitl still gets his big points playing on the wing with McDavid. I have a hard time saying someone’s a top 3 centre on the planet when their xGF% is like 45% when they’re actually playing centre. Not saying he’s not an elite talent, because you don’t score a billion points if you’re not, just think he found a perfect home with 97 and those two mesh. I’m sure Oil fans will skewer this reasons though with some mental gymnastics lol.

Eichel is still a top 10 centre on the planet, and could easily be a top 5 guy again if he gets back in groove.

Eichel did not play a shift healthy all year. That's hardly the same as taking a step back.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

It hasn't been confirmed yet. But the assumption by the media and fans is that the injury Eichel sustained in off season training that caused him to miss most of training camp was actually the herniated disk in his neck. And then he tried to play through it until severely aggravating it march 7th against the Islanders. 18 points in 21 games is pretty good for a guy with a broken neck.

If Eichel can come back healthy and play a full season he's a 95 point center which is top 6 or 7 in the league most seasons.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It hasn't been confirmed yet. But the assumption by the media and fans is that the injury Eichel sustained in off season training that caused him to miss most of training camp was actually the herniated disk in his neck. And then he tried to play through it until severely aggravating it march 7th against the Islanders. 18 points in 21 games is pretty good for a guy with a broken neck.

If Eichel can come back healthy and play a full season he's a 95 point center which is top 6 or 7 in the league most seasons.

It is EXTREMELY effin impressive.

But that does not offset the fact that an acquiring team would be taking on risk of a worsening of this existing condition, one that could impact his production. And that would be one thing in a vacuum.
The rest of it is cost of assets to acquire and getting saddled w/high cap hit if guy is playing [barely] but damaged.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It is EXTREMELY effin impressive.

But that does not offset the fact that an acquiring team would be taking on risk of a worsening of this existing condition, one that could impact his production. And that would be one thing in a vacuum.
The rest of it is cost of assets to acquire and getting saddled w/high cap hit if guy is playing [barely] but damaged.

You know there is such a thing called doctors and medical records, bern?

If this is a serious risk to his career, no team is gonna trade for him. But aside from that a neck injury once properly healed does not usually lead to a decline like a knee injury or wrist injury or shoulder injury sometimes does.. Atleast not to my knowledge.

The truth is no matter how many narratives you try to spin or no matter what you try to tell yourself to explain why Rangers can land Eichel for non-essential pieces or atleast on the cheap, unless the Buffalo GM loses his mind (like some of his predecessors did at times), Eichel is not going to get traded to the Rangers for anything you would be comfortable with.
If it happens, you and 99% of hfRangers will really hate the deal. And I mean really hate it. You people will lose your minds over it.

Atleast at first. Approximately till the middle of his first game. Right when he becomes a top3-5 center in the league in the eyes of these same people mid-period. Which obviously nobody could have seen coming according to them. And after another 6-12 months or maybe another year or two, the same people will talk about stealing Eichel from the Sabres and laugh at them for trading a center like that for the return they got.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You know there is such a thing called doctors and medical records, bern?

If this is a serious risk to his career, no team is gonna trade for him. But aside from that a neck injury once properly healed does not usually lead to a decline like a knee injury or wrist injury or shoulder injury sometimes does.. Atleast not too my knowledge.

The truth is no matter how many narratives you try to spin or no matter what you try to tell yourself why Rangers can land Eichel for non-essential pieces or atleast on the cheap, unless the Buffalo GM doesn't lose his mind (like some of his predecessors did at times), Eichel is not going to get traded to the Rangers for anything you would be comfortable with.
If it happens, you and 99% of hfRangers will really hate the deal. Atleast at first. Approximately till the middle of his first game. Right when he becomes a top3-5 center in the league in the eyes of these same people mid-period. Which obviously nobody could have seen coming according to them....

do not want him at almost any price due to all kinds of risk and, risk aside cost.

Eich is 10m per territory w/term.
NYR can't afford that more than a yr or 2

I make no apologies for being ahead of the curve.
Your acknowledgment of that is in order, pls

Reactions: RickChartraw

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
do not want him at almost any price due to all kinds of risk and, risk aside cost.

Eich is 10m per territory w/term.
NYR can't afford that more than a yr or 2

I make no apologies for being ahead of the curve.
Your acknowledgment of that is in order, pls

I mean cap is an issue. No doubt. Still doesn't justify these joke offers. But considering that Eichel would be your most valuable asset the moment you make that trade and is still only 24 with 5 more years on his fair contract, there is a good argument that you make the trade anyways and then worry about the cap later. Its probably worth it because the Rangers are never going to get a better player to upgrade your #1 C position once Eichel is off the table...

But yeah. Doesn't matter anyways. I expect the Kings or another team to be smart enough to take advantage of the Eichel situation (if he ever gets traded) over the Rangers anyways. Kings are a better trading partner for the Sabres and other teams might be more desperate..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad