Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Yea overrated players win Hart trophies all the time. Btw have you looked at that devils team? Who was the Batman on that team? Teams passed on him because of the flat cap. No one had the money to sign him.

Now if you want to say he isn't a winner sure but whats Eichel won? Yup
PSST its 2021. You do not have a hot tub time machine. If Hall is so good why did 31 teams say bleep you when in comes to a long term contract but teams in cap hades or not were tripping over their feet to sign A Piet?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Some of these asks are ridiculous lol. Laf+ Kakko + smh. If that’s the case Rangers should laugh and hang up the phone and go for someone else. Let Sabres keep him. They have 1.5 seasons to move him or hope he doesn’t become disgruntled and pull some James Harden bs (Ik very unlikely but possible). Once that NMC kicks in it can get ugly if he wants it to be.

Anyway I’m seeing him go to LA much sooner than Rangers. Would make more sense for both parties

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Just stop with this. Ranger fans don't even want the guy. I wouldn't do Adam Fox straight up. And NYR aren't giving up on Lafreniere so fast.

If that's the price, Eichel will stay in Buffalo and pray the franchise does a 180 fast.
They appear to be well on their way to doing just that. Mittlestadt, Cozens, Asplund and a few others on the Sabres roster are thriving since Krueger was fired. At least they are heading in what appears early on, in the right direction. And, without Eichel, which is very interesting given how much the organization depended on him.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
You think "Jetsforever" is a Sabres fan?

You are right my apologies. One of the other 8000 Eichel trade proposal threads had the same thought and when I read it again with all the other ridiculous offers I was like here we go again.

Honestly I have never wanted a player traded more just so I dont have to read these threads. Its like watching a trainwreck and you just can't look away.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
PSST its 2021. You do not have a hot tub time machine. If Hall is so good why did 31 teams say bleep you when in comes to a long term contract but teams in cap hades or not were tripping over their feet to sign A Piet?

Haha come on 3 years ago for a 29 year old isn't that long ago. Amazing you pick Piet who couldn't sign with the Blues due to cap issues. It also wasn't 31 teams more like 2 or 3 but sure you can pretend every team had cap space when they obviously didn't.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Rangers dont trade for Eichel this off season because they're not an Eichel away from being a contending team. Maybe in a season or two a move like this would make sense but our team needs to play a lot more hockey before they're ready for a playoff run.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Haha come on 3 years ago for a 29 year old isn't that long ago. Amazing you pick Piet who couldn't sign with the Blues due to cap issues. It also wasn't 31 teams more like 2 or 3 but sure you can pretend every team had cap space when they obviously didn't.
Only 3 years ago. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Only 3 years ago Flames and Sharks were 1-2 in West so i guess their teams are good now also.
PSST NUMBER 2 Vegas didn't have cap space either but dumped Schmidt to get cap space. You can bet the house Leafs would have traded salary for APIET too.

And how many were willing to dump salary for Hall. That would be zero because he is OVERRATED! You need to come back from the aisle of make believe.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm sure this has been had before but doesn't appear anywhere recently.

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

You want a top 5 center in the league and your offer is a floundering top prospect, a mid 1st in a bad draft, a goalie you need to get rid of before Seattle takes him, and a 28 year old that's UFA in a year.

How the f*** is this still open? :laugh:

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Neither side is even close to agreeing in this thread. We can probably just shutter it. I'm a Sabres fan and most of the Rangers offers here need to be roughly doubled for me to consider them

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If you are worried about Eichel injuries and in the locker room and don't want him on your team for the price it would cost by all means make the case.

But the original offer is absolutely light and to think Eichel will come for less is denial.

Reactions: explore

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
well A) Hughes is a center and B) Hughes has shown 100x more than Kakko has so no, it isn't really comparable...but you do you fam.

enjoy your wingers!

That B is not really true but have fun believing so! I will enjoy my wingers enjoy trying to win the lottery the 3rd time in 5 years

As an outside observer. Hughes has shown me alot more than kakko. And laf for that matter.

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

• Strome is a 3C.
  • Georgiev is an NHL back-up.
  • Kakko (14:33 TOI/gp, 1:21 PP TOI/gp), in his draft +2 year, is scoring at the same pace (13G + 15A = 28P, 82 game pace) as Puljujarvi (13:22 TOI/gp, :45 PP TOI/gp) was (15G + 10A = 25P,82 game pace) when people were calling Puljujarvi a bust.
  • That 1st will probably be in the 14-16OA range.
Ask yourself, would the Rangers accept that type of return for Panarin?

That offer is not getting you anywhere close to Eichel.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
I dont want eichel on the rangers but i know its probably going to happen and that the trade will be remembered as a big loss for NYR.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I’m concerned about Eichel’s health. A deal would still cost a ton and 10 million in cap space. For that reason I wouldn’t trade for Eichel at this point, but I’d keep my ear open if things change over time. Giving up a ton of youth and Eichel not being 100% is a lot of risk to take on in the off-season. I’d rather pay less and make a hockey trade for a Lindholm type.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Setting aside whether Rangers should trade for Eich -- answer is no -- the following overrides:

The value is irrelevant b'c teams do not match up for currency.
Rangers WILL NOT make available bluest blue chip elcs, they DO NOT HAVE A SURPLUS of them, only what they need for themselves for both team roster depth and cap control.
At present we do NOT HAVE extra
STOP ASKING, THE ANSWER IS NO.

People need to remember the Lindros trade [setting aside if Eich < = > than EL], in addition to players + picks
a) had millions in cash going from buyer to seller
that is no longer allowed
b) and existed prior to current hard cap

Rangers have Panarin + Kreiderl
Other big salary is Trouba who is not moveable for 3 yrs and wants to stay here and has full NMC.
Even dealing Buch AND Strome which is temp cap relief , adding Eichel is a 10m+ structural cost meaning there is less flexibility if you need it.

This effing win now mindset needs to bend buckle and break before the correct posture of build.
It is one thing if you can't select good players.
Last coupla drafts GNJG has been crushing it.
After this or maybe next draft we will THEN have so many valued prospects we can THEN consider a splurge upgrade. NOT BEFORE.

Do not want to be super top heavy like TOR.

All this is on top of the fact, bte. that his neck issues can be serious.

NO THANK YOU.

The Rangers have 12 players on ELC's right now. Buchnevich is a RFA. Shesterkin needs a new contract. Fox will need one the year after that. Panarin already makes 11+ This extra cap room is going to start evaporating at an alarming rate very, very soon, The only way I see an Eichel/Zib down the middle situation is if Trouba goes back the other way.
even then, it is still not enough reward for risk and the loss of roster flexibility.

How many times do we need to have this thread? Nothing has changed since the last time, Sabres fans still don't want your spare parts.
Buchnevich and Strome are not spare parts.
However if you feel you cannot build up the rest of the roster and keep Jack, and you want to go younger, you should explore those options elsewhere.

The Kings do have an ample surplus of pivots.
The Rangers do not, as younger [and more importantly, cost controlled youth] replaces more expensive vets.

And Rangers fans don't want your broken "superstar" who never seems to produce anywhere near his over-inflated reputation. So we agree that the thread doesn't need to be repeated.
concur
He is quality and adds production but is not a fit for value given currency.

You know Bern is coming in with a 4 team 12 player deal that doesn't end up with Eichel going anywhere any minute.
how little you know me

“We are not trading our bluest blue chip elcs as they put downward pressure on the salary cap”
Ah!
someone not only paying attention but noting a quote!!

I make no apologies for being one of those who has cracked the code for some time to say that, while exceptions may exist that prove a rule, the rule is to add as much quality youth as possible to keep roster fresh and cap compliant.

Lol what?

These proposals are nuts. No thanks on Eichel in general. If he were able to make a noticeable positive difference on a growing team, the Sabres wouldn’t still be in the basement with him as captain and 1C for years. He’ll put points on the board, and that’s definitely worth something, but NYR don’t really need and aren’t really built to add a huge money player who scores and contributes little else.
concur, with I'd be a little kinder about laying all BUF problems at
eich feet.

Just stop with this. Ranger fans don't even want the guy. I wouldn't do Adam Fox straight up. And NYR aren't giving up on Lafreniere so fast.

If that's the price, Eichel will stay in Buffalo and pray the franchise does a 180 fast.
concur

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I’m concerned about Eichel’s health. A deal would still cost a ton and 10 million in cap space. For that reason I wouldn’t trade for Eichel at this point, but I’d keep my ear open if things change over time. Giving up a ton of youth and Eichel not being 100% is a lot of risk to take on in the off-season. I’d rather pay less and make a hockey trade for a Lindholm type.
I agree with you but also on the other hand getting young propects albeit blue chip are an even bigger risk from Sabres.Both teams take a risk not just the Rangers

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Sabres fan. OP is not actually as bad as some of the garbage thrown out by some NYR fans recently IMO. It at least includes two valuable assets in Kakko & a lottery pick.

I'm only trading Eichel if he makes it clear he wants out. He & Adams need to have that discussion ASAP. The team has shown signs of progress without him - so losing him isn't the doomsday scenario it was a couple of months ago.

On the off chance he does want out - which is unlikely - I'm looking to move him before the start of next season.

I don't believe Eichel returns the type of mega-haul some Sabres fans believe he will - but let's be honest - he still has tremendous value & multiple teams will be interested.

If we're talking an Eichel trade, with NYR the discussion should start with Fox.

In the extremely unlikely event Eichel wants out AND the OP is the best offer we get - i would reluctantly make the deal. I'd immediately try to flip Strome/Georgiev for other assets i actually wanted... But we're talking about a scenario so unrealistic, that it is hardly worth discussing at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad