Proposal: Ehlers/Dubious to Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Which are the ones that have top pair RHD potential or 1C potential?

Agreed

2.5 years & 3 cup runs of Mark S at potentially 3 million cap…….any return prerequisite must include top pairing RHD prospect and/or 1C prospect……otherwise we have everything else on the roster now or as a prospect so fills no big need.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No top end RHD, Zary has 1C potential though.
Assuming we are talking about Scheifele here since PLD and Ehlers definitely arent on the table. Why are you looking specifically for 1C with Perfetti and Lucius in your system?

1C is the only need along with top pairing RHD. Cole & Lucius may or may not turn into centres, might be just wingers. Much easier to turn a centre into a winger then expect a winger to become a centre.

Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
No top end RHD, Zary has 1C potential though.
Assuming we are talking about Scheifele here since PLD and Ehlers definitely arent on the table. Why are you looking specifically for 1C with Perfetti and Lucius in your system?
You can never have too many centers and Perfetti may and up on the wing. As for Zary, I don't see the 1C potential so I think Winnipeg passes.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Don't belittle Little like that, but he's like Benn in Stars, isn't he?
I really don't think you have any idea about anything going on with the jets at all.... little has been hurt since 2019, he is pretty much retired now and will be on ltir until his contract runs out...

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I really don't think you have any idea about anything going on with the jets at all.... little has been hurt since 2019, he is pretty much retired now and will be on ltir until his contract runs out...

Go Jets Go, but so it is with some other aging centers too.

That said, I'm not on the "keep Maurice" bandwagon, wink wink, nudge nudge.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Go Jets Go, but so it is with some other aging centers too.

That said, I'm not on the "keep Maurice" bandwagon, wink wink, nudge nudge.
you now have lost me... also incase you didn't know maurice is gone so I don't think anyone is on the keep maurice bandwagon

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I mean sure. I find it hard to believe anyone would give up a true 1C prospect for Scheifele though. You arent going to get a Zegras or Dach for him. Good luck in your hunt
There is probably a 0.5% chance Scheifele is traded unless he asks for a trade anyways, so we likely won't have to concern ourselves withwhat he'll return.

Ledge And Dairy

There is probably a 0.5% chance Scheifele is traded unless he asks for a trade anyways, so we likely won't have to concern ourselves withwhat he'll return.
Sure man, this is purely a speculative site though. It's not unknown that Scheifele has been lackluster and unmotivated this year. It's also clear that something in Winnipeg is not working. So by that logic its completely possible to see threads about a potential retool around the players that are trying to win and showing heart every game. If you dont want to discuss Scheifele trade possibilities then you dont have to click on them

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Sure man, this is purely a speculative site though. It's not unknown that Scheifele has been lackluster and unmotivated this year. It's also clear that something in Winnipeg is not working. So by that logic its completely possible to see threads about a potential retool around the players that are trying to win and showing heart every game. If you dont want to discuss Scheifele trade possibilities then you dont have to click on them
Oh no, I don't mind the threads. It's fun to discuss sometimes. I just meant that well likely never know if Scheifele returns a Zegras or Dach or not, as he probably won't be moved.

Although, I don't know why you think Dach would be unavailable. He's been less impressive than Scheifele.

Ledge And Dairy

Oh no, I don't mind the threads. It's fun to discuss sometimes. I just meant that well likely never know if Scheifele returns a Zegras or Dach or not, as he probably won't be moved.

Although, I don't know why you think Dach would be unavailable. He's been less impressive than Scheifele.
It's perspective. Zegras has already shown to be arguably more valuable than Scheifele already and with Chicago they are in no position to be trading for Scheifele, way better off betting on Dach's potential. Eichel returned Krebs as the core prospect coming back. EK65 returned Josh Norris, Duchene returned Shane Bowers, Jones returned Boqvist. I just think your expectations are a bit high on who the main prospect would be.

Like if you want to discuss a Scheifele for Lafreniere 1 for 1 trade (re: Nieuwendyk for Iginla) then sure, but there wouldn't be major add-on's to that

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
It's perspective. Zegras has already shown to be arguably more valuable than Scheifele already and with Chicago they are in no position to be trading for Scheifele, way better off betting on Dach's potential. Eichel returned Krebs as the core prospect coming back. EK65 returned Josh Norris, Duchene returned Shane Bowers, Jones returned Boqvist. I just think your expectations are a bit high on who the main prospect would be.

Like if you want to discuss a Scheifele for Lafreniere 1 for 1 trade (re: Nieuwendyk for Iginla) then sure, but there wouldn't be major add-on's to that
Fair enough. I don't really have any expectations of who the main prospect/player/pick would be so I don't think I have high expectations. I just said, for me, I don't see anything that Calgary has that would entice me enough to move Scheifele for.

Although there are probably quite a few teams that fit that description, so it's nothing against Calgary.

At this time we're talking about the Jets being enticed to trade Scheifele. Not shopping him or moving him because he asked, so I see no reason to entertain discounted prices like some of the deals you mentioned of other players.

Ledge And Dairy

Fair enough. I don't really have any expectations of who the main prospect/player/pick would be so I don't think I have high expectations. I just said, for me, I don't see anything that Calgary has that would entice me enough to move Scheifele for.

Although there are probably quite a few teams that fit that description, so it's nothing against Calgary.

At this time we're talking about the Jets being enticed to trade Scheifele. Not shopping him or moving him because he asked, so I see no reason to entertain discounted prices like some of the deals you mentioned of other players.
I would not consider the Duchene, EK65, or Jones trades discounted prices at all. Eichel sure, but he is also significantly younger

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I would not consider the Duchene, EK65, or Jones trades discounted prices at all. Eichel sure, but he is also significantly younger
I would, they all had extenuating circumstances that Scheifele doesn't have. EK65 an oft injured rental, Duchene asked for a trade. Both could have gotten more with term or not having requested a trade.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would, they all had extenuating circumstances that Scheifele doesn't have. EK65 an oft injured rental, Duchene asked for a trade. Both could have gotten more with term or not having requested a trade.
I wouldn’t mind Norris, Demelo, a top 5 draft pick for schief. If we get the Karlsson deal that’s a lot more than the jets are being offered.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
1C is the only need along with top pairing RHD. Cole & Lucius may or may not turn into centres, might be just wingers. Much easier to turn a centre into a winger then expect a winger to become a centre.
Top 6 right handed RW is up there as well.
We need to try Perfetti at 2C

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would do Mangi/Mony + Zary + Valimaki for Scheif. That’s probably an overpayment but the Flames won’t be able to keep everyone for cap reasons.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Pass on Scheifele. Sutter could keep him in check but once he's out of the picture, this guy would destroy the locker room

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad