Proposal: Ehlers/Dubious to Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Over their whole careers sure but what Scheifele was doing 5 years ago really doesnt matter now. Over this year and the previous 2 Miller has 162 points in 166 games. In the same time span Scheifele has 165 points in 163 games. That is pretty close to identical production with Scheifele having the slight edge offensively. However Miller is pretty well known to be tough player to play against and is widely considered a strong 2-way player.

Eichel's also only had this 1 major injury so I dont really get the "track record of being healthy" comment
How do the offensive numbers look over a different sample size? What’s the three year? After all this is known as a down year for schief. 3 year mark is close too. 4 years ago schief obliterated miller but you’re point still stands. And you are right. I think eichel’s surgery is more of a gamble than you think.

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

How do the offensive numbers look over a different sample size? What’s the three year? After all this is known as a down year for schief. 3 year mark is close too. 4 years ago schief obliterated miller but you’re point still stands. And you are right. I think eichel’s surgery is more of a gamble than you think.
4 years ago Miller played 3C on a stacked Tampa team. I chose the more recent sample size because it better reflected their deployments.

Im not arguing Eichel's surgery being a gamble or not. Just that 1 major injury does not define you as prone to getting injured

Reactions: zcaptain

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Is Monahan a straight cap dumb at this point? I'd certainly consider 3 out of the group (2022 1st, 2023 1st, Pelletier, and Zary), plus Monahan for Scheifele. Our top 6 wouldn't be particularly impressive next year, but I think it could be a good start for a re-tool for the Jets.

Monahan is recovering from the hip, wrist and I think hernia surgery? His speed is starting to return and his shot accuracy and strength is also returning. He's also changing his game to address what Sutter needs on the team. He's adding sandpaper and more defensive responsibilities in the middle 6. He's not good enough to play top line yet and we're unsure if he will ever get back there, but he's not a pure cap dump. IMO based on the current performance he's overpaid. But his contributions are still worth a solid 4 million ish player right now. He level of play could perhaps be compared to just a little bit below Stasny right now? There's also optimism if his health continues to improve and his game continues to return that he might be able to slot right back up in the top 6 without injuries making room for him there. But the Flames need help now, so he's seemingly one of the most likely candidates for cap balancing if a trade is consummated.

He honestly is feeling like another Lucic in the bottom 6. Great if he was paid 3-4 million and we wouldn't want to move them. 5.5+ AAV and it's ugh. An extra 2 mil AAV from both Lucic and Monahan could be awesome to add a 4-6 mill player into our top 6.

Reactions: Romang67

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If Scheifele gets traded, and I think he should, it’ll likely be out of the conference unless a western team offers a haul.
Jets don’t need and won’t be looking for a futures return as they are trying to compete now, so young NHL proven players who fit needs would be the targets.
Jets biggest needs are top 6 right handed RWs and top pairing right handed RD.

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If Scheifele gets traded, and I think he should, it’ll likely be out of the conference unless a western team offers a haul.
Jets don’t need and won’t be looking for a futures return as they are trying to compete now, so young NHL proven players who fit needs would be the targets.
Jets biggest needs are top 6 right handed RWs and top pairing right handed RD.

And a 2C if Perfetti isn't going to be moved there.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
You can certainly tell who has watched Scheifele as of late and who hasn't.

4 first round picks? Get out of here. The guy is more one dimensional than Monahan, and the only reason he's still producing is due to being gifted 21 minutes a night with some very talented players. I'd love to see what Scheifele's production and attitude would look like if he was playing 12-14 minutes with the likes of Lewis, Ritchie, and Dube like Monahan has been.

Reactions: hn777

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
You can certainly tell who has watched Scheifele as of late and who hasn't.

4 first round picks? Get out of here. The guy is more one dimensional than Monahan, and the only reason he's still producing is due to being gifted 21 minutes a night with some very talented players. I'd love to see what Scheifele's production and attitude would look like if he was playing 12-14 minutes with the likes of Lewis, Ritchie, and Dube like Monahan has been.
Monahan could produce (and compared to Lindholm it was still bad) when he was carried by JG, so we should not use Monahan as a benchmark... :P

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
shouldn't Calgary worry about locking up Tkachuk and Johnny before bringing in anyone they would want past this year? Need to know how much cap available (if any) for next year.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
True, but without him playing 1 game at C in the NHL yet, it adds considerable risk to moving Scheifele.
He’s only played 12 games. He will be playing C eventually I’m sure of it. Thats why he was drafted.

The Jets are just letting him get his beak wet in the NHL, allowing him to get used to the physicality and speed without having him worry about the defensive responsibilities of a centre. Plus who is he going to bump down? Not Scheif or Dubois. And they want him in a top 6 role I’m sure. So wing it is for now. The kid is only 19 and has a lot of bulking up to do yet. But he is going to be a good one for many years to come.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would guess Connor would be more untouchable than Ehlers. In my opinion he is anyways
He has solidified that this year. Ehlers was more untouchable till kfc picked up his defensive game. Kfc has always put bigger numbers offensively and can now drive offence.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
He’s only played 12 games. He will be playing C eventually I’m sure of it. Thats why he was drafted.

The Jets are just letting him get his beak wet in the NHL, allowing him to get used to the physicality and speed without having him worry about the defensive responsibilities of a centre. Plus who is he going to bump down? Not Scheif or Dubois. And they want him in a top 6 role I’m sure. So wing it is for now. The kid is only 19 and has a lot of bulking up to do yet. But he is going to be a good one for many years to come.

I agree that he's going to be really good, I'm a huge fan. I hope he can play C as well because those are hard to find. Until we see it though, it makes a Scheifele trade a risk is all I am saying. Maybe they try him there next year, or maybe they try to find a C elsewhere on a short term basis, but it would have to be addressed. Doesn't mean Scheifele can't be moved, just that filling out the top 6 without him needs to be factored in.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do you think 1st, Valimaki, Zary, gets you Scheifele?

Late 1st + 2 prospects who are treading water? No thanks.
Might be different if those 2 were living up to earlier expectations.
That offer has everything except the 1 main piece.

Reactions: Snowman

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
This whole thread...

Ehlers will not be traded no matter what we do. Even in a rebuild he's part of the new core. PLD won't be traded unless he makes it clear he's going to UFA ASAP. Having his parents work for True North has to be a selling feature though. Again, assuming we sign him to a big ticket this offseason and he is also a huge part of the future, if we decide to rebuild or not.

Neither player in the OP is likely to be traded at all.

Do you guys want a left Dman or a rental?

Any core piece would need a core piece coming back and I have only seen 3 or 4 picks/prospects for a core piece which is of zero interest.

Reactions: hn777

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I don't see anything that Calgary has that would interest Winnipeg at all as the main piece for Ehlers, Dubois or Scheifele if any of those Jet players became available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad