Proposal: Ehlers/Dubious to Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
For scheifele it will need to be something like 2 firsts, Pelletier, zary/coronato.

That's a lot of good pieces, but it lacks the sort of centerpiece that I think most Jets fans would prefer.

Also highly unlikely that either of Ehlers/PLD are moved.

Reactions: Snowman

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Monahan isn't the major piece here when you are getting a blue chip prospect and a 1st at least. He's there to make the cap work next year.

Have to see what the other pieces were I guess then and if the Jets could flip Monahan (or extend I guess). Considering other threads are talking about a 1st and a top prospect for UFA Giroux, and the Canucks are looking for a tonne for Miller, Scheifele with 2 more years after this one would return a large package IMO. I'm personally not seeing the pieces with the Flames.

Reactions: Snowman

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What do you think the ask would be for either player to Calgary?

Both players bring an area of need that would potentially elevate Calgarys play to the next level in order to contend.
Either one starts with Pelletier then Flames keep adding. Would hurt.

Reactions: hn777

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
For scheifele it will need to be something like 2 firsts, Pelletier, zary/coronato.

Your comment doesn't address cap going the other direction. If no cap the other direction, I could maybe see the Jets land 2 of those pieces. With cap, I could see maybe 3 of those pieces if the pieces are cap dumps rather than serviceable players. 4? Absolutely not. But I get why you'd ask for that in the first place.

Either a trade between both teams need a futures/salary broker, or it's better to just say there's no deal to consummate. However, if Jets are intending to move Scheifele, Wheeler, Stasny or Little the Flames might poke around to see if there's a deal that can be made that both sides are happy with. Ehlers and Dubois are too costly for us for sure, I think.

I really don't think we are going to run around with lots of high value currency though. Treliving is almost always the type that pokes around good value deals. If someone is poking around Miller/Hertl etc. He'll put a bid in, but I think he'll also look at who else is putting in a bid and seeing if they're going to have to move a piece at a discount to fit those guys in. He'd consider swooping in on those discount pieces and attempt to add two of those instead of the big fish instead.

Either one starts with Pelletier then Flames keep adding. Would hurt.

It would hurt if we had to get those guys. But luckily we don't. What's truly going to hurt is the Flames badly need a 1C and I think we are going to miss out yet again (after missing on CBJ PLD and Eichel).

Ledge And Dairy

Have to see what the other pieces were I guess then and if the Jets could flip Monahan (or extend I guess). Considering other threads are talking about a 1st and a top prospect for UFA Giroux, and the Canucks are looking for a tonne for Miller, Scheifele with 2 more years after this one would return a large package IMO. I'm personally not seeing the pieces with the Flames.
Giroux/Pavelski/Hertl (if traded) will get a solid return, but not much more than Duchene got as a rental. Iginla might be a good base for the 2 veterans. Miller and Scheifele should have pretty similar returns (again if traded)

Reactions: zcaptain

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think If Schiefele gets traded it is going to be cause he is still playing poorly and will go in a change of scenery trade. Decent roster player, great prospect, and picks. He won't get more than Eichel.

Reactions: hn777

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Your comment doesn't address cap going the other direction. If no cap the other direction, I could maybe see the Jets land 2 of those pieces. With cap, I could see maybe 3 of those pieces if the pieces are cap dumps rather than serviceable players. 4? Absolutely not. But I get why you'd ask for that in the first place.

Either a trade between both teams need a futures/salary broker, or it's better to just say there's no deal to consummate. However, if Jets are intending to move Scheifele, Wheeler, Stasny or Little the Flames might poke around to see if there's a deal that can be made that both sides are happy with. Ehlers and Dubois are too costly for us for sure, I think.

I really don't think we are going to run around with lots of high value currency though. Treliving is almost always the type that pokes around good value deals. If someone is poking around Miller/Hertl etc. He'll put a bid in, but I think he'll also look at who else is putting in a bid and seeing if they're going to have to move a piece at a discount to fit those guys in. He'd consider swooping in on those discount pieces and attempt to add two of those instead of the big fish instead.

It would hurt if we had to get those guys. But luckily we don't. What's truly going to hurt is the Flames badly need a 1C and I think we are going to miss out yet again (after missing on CBJ PLD and Eichel).
Is Monahan a straight cap dumb at this point? I'd certainly consider 3 out of the group (2022 1st, 2023 1st, Pelletier, and Zary), plus Monahan for Scheifele. Our top 6 wouldn't be particularly impressive next year, but I think it could be a good start for a re-tool for the Jets.

Ledge And Dairy

Is Monahan a straight cap dumb at this point? I'd certainly consider 3 out of the group (2022 1st, 2023 1st, Pelletier, and Zary), plus Monahan for Scheifele. Our top 6 wouldn't be particularly impressive next year, but I think it could be a good start for a re-tool for the Jets.
Cap dump? No, he had a major surgery and has been returning to form slowly all season. Scheifele really shouldn't return much more than Eichel (if at all more). So 3 1sts + Monahan (who can probably fetch a 1st next deadline) is pretty steep. Something like Monahan + 1st + one of their 3 big forward prospect. Then add some conditional picks is a bit more realistic

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Personally I would have zero interest in Monahan, unless the Flames are just including him to dump cap space, then the Jets flip him…..not a ton of value to him IMO. If the Jets wanted a culture change by trading Mark, then I would sooner take a big futures return from some team (Flames or others), Jets could retain easily…..imagine Mark value as a 3 million cap (50% retained) hit only to a contender for 2.5 years and three cup runs? Huge

Alex12

Jun 23, 2016
I think If Schiefele gets traded it is going to be cause he is still playing poorly and will go in a change of scenery trade. Decent roster player, great prospect, and picks. He won't get more than Eichel.
Completely agree with this. Scheifele wont return a package equivalent to Eichel regardless of Eichels injury. The league knew Eichels surgery would be successful and the return he got is going to be a lot better than what Scheifele would get.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Who the hell is dubious? :laugh:

Chevy’s answer ……

upload_2022-2-3_18-0-4.gif

Reactions: OrangePMD

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I could see NYR interested in PLD or Scheifle heavily this offseason....
Obviously, at different prices. PLD is younger and needs a raise.
Scheifle is 29 with only a season and a half left before needing a raise...

if I’m the Jets and PLD wants to stay there long term, I’d just resign him...

I doubt Scheifle wants to deal with a retool/rebuild in Winnipeg at his age. He prob would love to be traded to a contender...
Scheifle prob brings back Solid roster player+ excellent prospect+1st

PLD would bring more...

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Giroux/Pavelski/Hertl (if traded) will get a solid return, but not much more than Duchene got as a rental. Iginla might be a good base for the 2 veterans. Miller and Scheifele should have pretty similar returns (again if traded)
Gotta think schief has more of a track record of putting up bog numbers as a 1c than Miller. In comparison to eichel. Eichel is much better came at 10 mil vs 6 mil and schief has a track record of being healthy.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Completely agree with this. Scheifele wont return a package equivalent to Eichel regardless of Eichels injury. The league knew Eichels surgery would be successful and the return he got is going to be a lot better than what Scheifele would get.
Honest question as I have not been following Vegas but has eichel played a game for them yet?

Ledge And Dairy

Gotta think schief has more of a track record of putting up bog numbers as a 1c than Miller. In comparison to eichel. Eichel is much better came at 10 mil vs 6 mil and schief has a track record of being healthy.
Over their whole careers sure but what Scheifele was doing 5 years ago really doesnt matter now. Over this year and the previous 2 Miller has 162 points in 166 games. In the same time span Scheifele has 165 points in 163 games. That is pretty close to identical production with Scheifele having the slight edge offensively. However Miller is pretty well known to be tough player to play against and is widely considered a strong 2-way player.

Eichel's also only had this 1 major injury so I dont really get the "track record of being healthy" comment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad