Confirmed with Link: Egor Zamula Signs Two Year Contract - $1.7M AAV

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Smart to keep him in the fold and a decent signing overall. He's got two more years to try to put it all together. He has some talent but consistency is the issue with him.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
It just shows how unnecessary signing EJ was. Top six-York, Sanheim, Seeler, Drysdale, Zamula, Ristolainen. The Attard and Ginning. Where was a the need to blow a million on EJ?
They can't help themselves.

Zamula is a really good developing player. He can handle the puck, he can skate, he's got good size and can play solid D. He can play on the PP. What's not to like? He needs to get more experience and to fill out a bit more.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
They can't help themselves.

Zamula is a really good developing player. He can handle the puck, he can skate, he's got good size and can play solid D. He can play on the PP. What's not to like? He needs to get more experience and to fill out a bit more.

Developing his transition game is key. Once he gets in the zone he is really good at moving the puck, hence his play on PP.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Pseronally, I'm no longer banking on potential upside. With Zamula I more and more get that feeling of a depth player you can put on any pairing ond either side and deploy in any situation and just forget about him. If he can be that guy, more than fine.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Pseronally, I'm no longer banking on potential upside. With Zamula I more and more get that feeling of a depth player you can put on any pairing ond either side and deploy in any situation and just forget about him. If he can be that guy, more than fine.

This is always what I've figured he is, but it's vastly better to raise those guys internally than it is to trade for them or compete in FA for dudes usually heading towards decline.

Especially with the dmen the Flyers prefer in FA and trades.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It just shows how unnecessary signing EJ was. Top six-York, Sanheim, Seeler, Drysdale, Zamula, Ristolainen. The Attard and Ginning. Where was a the need to blow a million on EJ?
EJ was a waste, though that million doesn't matter in a sense. Whether it goes to EJ or one of those others. Remove EJ and Ginning eats up that million

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Johnson's salary is whatever, it's more the fact that Flyers always fall in love with some cooked vet who's going to help them win the Culture Cup or the Best Lockeroom Trophy. There were better dmen available who cost the same or less.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Johnson's salary is whatever, it's more the fact that Flyers always fall in love with some cooked vet who's going to help them win the Culture Cup or the Best Lockeroom Trophy. There were better dmen available who cost the same or less.
Agreed, and the explanation that the Flyers don't want prospects healthy-scratched for extended periods is myopic because the tendency is always there to put in Johnston when there's an injury or need to change the lineup. I would much rather have Attard up and rotating in and out of the lineup.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I have nothing against this signing. But i dont understand the process. We just signing every player from last year and think we get other results... not one new signing for the new season. Only Mitchkov is new.

Reactions: BernieParent

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
I have nothing against this signing. But i dont understand the process. We just signing every player from last year and think we get other results... not one new signing for the new season. Only Mitchkov is new.
Are you to suggest all our under 25 players are not going to take steps forward, that the entire team will be stagnant?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I would love for th Flyers to provide an actual, real example of a time their culture warriors have actually saved the day. Not the usual empty "it's intangible!" nonsense. Tell us when the intangible yielded a tangible result.

Do we think they would have anything beyond Lappy getting brain damaged? I think that would be fascinating to learn. Are we carting out washed up slobs in the hope they get their skulls dented and everyone rallies around it? Is their strategy based on human sacrifice?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad