Confirmed with Link: Egor Zamula Signs Two Year Contract - $1.7M AAV

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Are you to suggest all our under 25 players are not going to take steps forward, that the entire team will be stagnant?
Good point, although there is likely a balance in overall team performance on progress for some younger players, stagnation / regression for others, and stagnation / regression for veterans. Konecny will be a wild card here as to whether he maintains the same high level of play or even exceeds last year.

Ersson and Fedotov will also be interesting to track, given their underwhelming performance towards the end of last season. With Hart out of the picture, can Ersson assume the position of 1A goaltender?

What I would like to see for this season (excluding trades):
  • Healthy, productive seasons from Drysdale and Couturier
  • Michkov acclimatizing himself to the NHL game and finding chemistry with Frost
  • Progress from Tippett, Foerster, and Brink
  • Farabee showing he can be a consistent 1/2 LW
  • Consistently plus performances from Ersson and Fedotov

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Are you to suggest all our under 25 players are not going to take steps forward, that the entire team will be stagnant?
For me a team with so many problems need to change things. But we stay with the coach, the PP coach, the leaders, the goalies, the dman and all players in general! With what happened to us last year and the year before how can you not change one thing?

Zamula is not the problem! But the whole process is!

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus and Larry44

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
For me a team with so many problems need to change things. But we stay with the coach, the PP coach, the leaders, the goalies, the dman and all players in general! With what happened to us last year and the year before how can you not change one thing?

Zamula is not the problem! But the whole process is!
I think the idea right now for this team is not to be better this year, but be better long term. Develop the players who are going to be around in 4-5 years, and not focus too much on how the team finishing in the standings.

Lots of money comes off the books next year and you can start to make a lot bigger changes then. With that said they should(have) traded Konecny and Laughton if they had suitors. They really don't fit the window of this team especially with how much they are loading up on next years draft.

Also with his record on the PP I agree, Rocky should not be an assistant coach on this team.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
  • Michkov acclimatizing himself to the NHL game and finding chemistry with Frost
ахах.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ambivalent on this. I don’t like Zamula, but he’s acceptable at $1.7M for a 6D. They need a couple Russians to help Michkov. Zamula & Fedotov seem solid

Reactions: Fragmuffin

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
I think the idea right now for this team is not to be better this year, but be better long term. Develop the players who are going to be around in 4-5 years, and not focus too much on how the team finishing in the standings.

Lots of money comes off the books next year and you can start to make a lot bigger changes then. With that said they should(have) traded Konecny and Laughton if they had suitors. They really don't fit the window of this team especially with how much they are loading up on next years draft.

Also with his record on the PP I agree, Rocky should not be an assistant coach on this team.
But who’s to say with any certainty, which players will or won’t be around in four or five years? I’m sure there are a couple you could bank on, but anything can happen.

Reactions: Curufinwe

mediocre1975

Jun 7, 2024
Pseronally, I'm no longer banking on potential upside. With Zamula I more and more get that feeling of a depth player you can put on any pairing ond either side and deploy in any situation and just forget about him. If he can be that guy, more than fine.
Rebuilding baby! Bringing back the same team and same plugs as last year. Who needs prospects/younger players to play? This is a rebuild!!!

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Laughton = Cultural Exemplar of Try Hard; Accomplish Nothing. #FlyersHockey

At this point, the best hope for this season is dreadful goaltending, continued stagnation of vets with growth of kids, trade everyone at TDL and finish in the bottom 5.

Unfortunately "trade everyone" will never happen. The fragile ego's in charge would view that as an admission they were wrong about how close the team is to contending.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Good point, although there is likely a balance in overall team performance on progress for some younger players, stagnation / regression for others, and stagnation / regression for veterans. Konecny will be a wild card here as to whether he maintains the same high level of play or even exceeds last year.

Ersson and Fedotov will also be interesting to track, given their underwhelming performance towards the end of last season. With Hart out of the picture, can Ersson assume the position of 1A goaltender?

What I would like to see for this season (excluding trades):
  • Healthy, productive seasons from Drysdale and Couturier
  • Progress from Tippett, Foerster, and Brink
  • Farabee showing he can be a consistent 1/2 LW
  • Consistently plus performances from Ersson and Fedotov

I don't think TK is a wildcard, he's in a contract year, the guy is going to play like his life depends on it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't think TK is a wildcard, he's in a contract year, the guy is going to play like his life depends on it.
Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt Konecny will maintain his high level of drive; however, multiple factors beyond his control will play into whether his overall game is similar to last year's.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt Konecny will maintain his high level of drive; however, multiple factors beyond his control will play into whether his overall game is similar to last year's.

Yeah there are a few factors, I think the powerplay has nowhere to go but up. IF Drysdale stay's healthy and Michkov gets top PP minutes, I could see him getting an extra 10-15 points from that, even if he suffers from bad luck at even strength. That PP last year was putrid beyond all belief lol.

Reactions: BernieParent

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah there are a few factors, I think the powerplay has nowhere to go but up. IF Drysdale stay's healthy and Michkov gets top PP minutes, I could see him getting an extra 10-15 points from that, even if he suffers from bad luck at even strength. That PP last year was putrid beyond all belief lol.

One of the reasons the PP was so bad is coaching and player deployment. The talent on the team was not great, and they probably were always going to be bottom 3rd, but they have enough talent to be better than they were. TK, Frost, Brink, Tippett, Couts, Foester, York -- they've all have history of being good power play producers (admittedly some in the NHL and some in lower leagues).

Their problem was where they were under the directive to shoot from outside the high danger areas. They would put Tippett on the half wall, they would put Frost on the left side (as a left handed shooter) and his only play was circle back and shoot from the half wall. They didn't try at all to get the puck into the middle. This is by design. Torts was asked about the PP troubles and his response was that the team needed to get bodies in front for screens and hopefully a puck would bounce off of those players -- they were actively designing the powerplay to take shots from distance while also limiting their players chances to get the puck to the middle of the ice.

This has been two years in a row, and they have brought back the exact same coaching staff going into this season as they did with last season. They need to drastically change their approach if they want to see improved power play success.

1721220293491.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad