Speculation: Is it smart for Florida to hold on to Knight?

MKGamingByMunish

Apr 21, 2021
They could go after Askarov and have Bobrovsky mentor him into the starting role. Bob's contract can then be traded with retention in the 2025 offseason considering the cap is going up.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I still dont get why Zito gave him that crazy deal. Man makes 50 great moves then 1-2 wtf moves
I hated it the second it was signed, but plenty of our fans were happy with the contract and were projecting Knight to be our starter at the time - nevermind that there were only like three goaltenders in the past 20 years who managed to become starters that young.

One of Zito’s rare mistakes for sure. At least they realized their error quickly and took the right steps for Knight's development. It sucks to have all that money tied up in a backup/AHL guy, but if he eventually takes over from Bob and becomes our starter for a decade or so, it’ll be worth it.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Hold on to him, let him improve, and build his value up. Then use him in a trade to upgrade the roster, ideally the defense. The dcore is looking awful. You have 2 borderline #1’s in Ekblad and Forsling, but then a 4/5 im Schmidt if he bounces back and…. and bunch of #6-7’s.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hold on to him, let him improve, and build his value up. Then use him in a trade to upgrade the roster, ideally the defense. The dcore is looking awful. You have 2 borderline #1’s in Ekblad and Forsling, but then a 4/5 im Schmidt if he bounces back and…. and bunch of #6-7’s.
Again, what is everyone’s issue with Mikkola? I keep asking, no one’s answered. He was solid last year in whatever spot he was asked to be in and was on the ice in the dying seconds of a game 7 one goal win.

I’m more than comfortable with:
Forsling-Ek
Mikkola-Scmidt
Kulikov-Boqvist/Balinskas/Bjornfot/Rookie(s)

heading into next season. If it proves to be a weakness, Zito will address it.

Reactions: 5 Hole

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
No way should they trade a goalie who will make the atlantic a nightmare division for the foreseable future

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Again, what is everyone’s issue with Mikkola? I keep asking, no one’s answered. He was solid last year in whatever spot he was asked to be in and was on the ice in the dying seconds of a game 7 one goal win.

I’m more than comfortable with:
Forsling-Ek
Mikkola-Scmidt
Kulikov-Boqvist/Balinskas/Bjornfot/Rookie(s)

heading into next season. If it proves to be a weakness, Zito will address it.
Is a legit top 4 d?

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Florida just signed Chris Dreidger for a reason,

to trade Knight.

Knight is going to be a starter in the AHL, makes no sense for him to ride the bench behind Bobrovsky. Dreiger will be the back-up.

I still dont get why Zito gave him that crazy deal. Man makes 50 great moves then 1-2 wtf moves

If we don't give him that deal he would have asked for a trade or walked. Too talented to let him go free.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Knight is going to be a starter in the AHL, makes no sense for him to ride the bench behind Bobrovsky. Dreiger will be the back-up.

If we don't give him that deal he would have asked for a trade or walked. Too talented to let him go free.

I dont he would have. He panicked thinking he'd get offer sheet. Ottinger signed a deal for much less and was already proven after Knight signed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad