Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I really get a kick out of Oilers fans claiming Anderson slew footed Draisaitl.

Do you notice that it’s only Edmonton fans saying this? …because it’s obvious they have no idea what an actual slew foot is and/or they are just too upset Draisaitl was wrestled down in a scrum because McDavid was taking extra jabs at the goalie after the whistle had gone.

I get it, he’s your 2nd best player but no need to bend the rules fit your narrative.

Doughty was taken out with a knee-on-knee play by Hakanpaa last year. He wasn’t even penalized (or suspended) as I recall but I’m not gonna cry about it for years. Or Fiala’s knee-on-knee with Cogliano this year. Same thing.

It’s like Edmonton fans need to whine about something, anything until they get on a PP but even then they’ll keep crying well after the game.

So go ahead Edmonton fans, post the alleged slew foot video alongside an actual slew foot by Cooke.
"because McDavid was taking extra jabs at the goalie after the whistle had gone."

Might wanna rewatch that clip lmao

Reactions: Klimando Kostani

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I can't say that I'm excited for the same 1st-round matchup as last year and the one that's seemed inevitable since Christmas. I'm not a fan of this playoff format.

Anyways, this isn't a good matchup for LA, IMO. Edmonton has the skill to pressure them into making mistakes and then capitalizing on them. The Durzi turnover to McDavid in the last game is a good example. I expect more like that. Also, Woodcroft has seemed to outcoach McLellan recently. Last but not least, Edmonton is 9-0-1 in their last 10 games and LA is 5-5-0. That's a big difference. I'm thinking that this series won't be as close as the one last year.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Should be an entertaining series, especially with both teams better than their series last season. Going with the Oilers in 6. Think this will be the best R1 series in the West though.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Any Oiler fans thinking this will be easy or that are overlooking the Kings clearly haven’t been paying attention the last few post seasons.

The 9 game win streak means nothing now, imo. Much like the Kings last 5-5. It’s a brand new season. There are no easy outs.

I think the Oilers win but I think it’ll be a good series.

Good luck, Kings fans. Game on.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I doubt that means the Oilers would win in 4 though.
Kings have scored 1 goal against the Oilers in their last two meetings. They will have to score at least 3 or 4 to win a game against the Oilers because they won't stop McDavid or Draisaitl from getting on the board. I don't see it happening. On top of that, there's no Mike Smith to abuse.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kings have scored 1 goal against the Oilers in their last two meetings. They will have to score at least 3 or 4 to win a game against the Oilers because they won't stop McDavid or Draisaitl from getting on the board. I don't see it happening. On top of that, there's no Mike Smith to abuse.
You should have more confidence in your team.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I was really hoping we'd see a new matchup this year :(

I'm not really sure what to make of the Kings of late. They were red hot playing excellent hockey right after the trade deadline, and then after the back to back losses to Edmonton they seemed to concede that they were finishing 3rd in the Pacific and not look particularly good to finish out the regular season.

Also not sure what to make of Todd McLellan, the last matchup against these teams he had them playing very passively, playing not to lose and trying to just clog things up, but I don't think LA is built to play that way, they have too many offensive weapons.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023

Just so non-Oiler / non-LA fans can draw their own conclusions.
I see why there's an argument it wasn't a slewfoot, but damn that's close.

Video fact: the whistle went after McDavid dug at Quick.

Of course it was a alewfoot and it injured him for the rest of the playoffs. Don't even know why Kings fans deny it.

This will be a "Quick" series.

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
If LA tries to play a trap like the did the last 2 meetings of the season they have no chance. The Oilers have not been giving out gift goals much if at all for the past few months. You beat the Oilers by aggressive forechecks and a strong cycle, not by hoping they hand you the puck in the neutral zone.

That said, Oilers in 5.

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
I recognize that wrestling move in a scrum. They don't call it a slewfoot though.
A Slew Foot in hockey is an action where a player comes from behind an opposing player and trips him using his leg, skate or hockey stick, while, oftentimes, using his upper body, or arms, to further knock the opposing player off-balance. Usually, the victim of the action will fall to the ice, causing a potential injury. This can be especially dangerous if the victim falls backwards onto the ice.

Screenshot_20230414_013620_Brave.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad