Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Kings go into prevent mode against the Oilers. Not the most thrilling games to watch.

Kings need Fiala and Gabe back and healthy if they want a true chance.

Special teams likely dictate the series.

Smith let him some weak ones last year. Skinner isn’t gonna do that.

Anything can happen but I think the Oilers are an obvious favorite.
Skinner can still let in some weak ones. He hasn't been for a bit, but he can. It'll be his first playoffs as well so who knows.

If special teams are a factor again this year the Oilers will have an edge over just about anybody. Best PP in league history and over the last month while shorthanded they've scored more goals than they've given up. Like last year we should know fairly early what sort of officiating we're going to get, but the whistles did not go away last post-season and I think the league preferred that.

That said even at evens the main reasons the Kings scored a lot of their goals in the series last year were varying degrees of awfullness from Mike Smith, Duncan Keith, Kris Russell, and Darnell Nurse having a torn hip flexor. The first 3 are gone and Nurse can actually skate for now.

Oilers are the favorite but I still think that any of Colorado, Edmonton, LA, Vegas, and Dallas are capable of beating each other in a series.

Reactions: LAKings88

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
The ever so mysterious "lower body." But I think it was the knee. He tweaked it on a nothing play along the boards and essentially hasn't played since. I thought I heard he was skating with Vilardi, but I haven't seen confirmation and he wasn't on the ice yesterday when Vilardi was. Vilardi is expected back for game 1.
Getting vallardi back would be huge

Reactions: Kingsfan1

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Danault will probably face McDavid all serie long .

Danault has the ability to shutdown the very best in the playoffs. That confrontation will be interesting.

It also shows Bergevin’s inabilities .

That being said , go oilers !!!

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I really get a kick out of Oilers fans claiming Anderson slew footed Draisaitl.

Do you notice that it’s only Edmonton fans saying this? …because it’s obvious they have no idea what an actual slew foot is and/or they are just too upset Draisaitl was wrestled down in a scrum because McDavid was taking extra jabs at the goalie after the whistle had gone.

I get it, he’s your 2nd best player but no need to bend the rules fit your narrative.

Doughty was taken out with a knee-on-knee play by Hakanpaa last year. He wasn’t even penalized (or suspended) as I recall but I’m not gonna cry about it for years. Or Fiala’s knee-on-knee with Cogliano this year. Same thing.

It’s like Edmonton fans need to whine about something, anything until they get on a PP but even then they’ll keep crying well after the game.

So go ahead Edmonton fans, post the alleged slew foot video alongside an actual slew foot by Cooke.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Last year was a close 7 game series and the Kings didn't have their best skater (Doughty).

This year LA has a healthy Doughty, Edmonton added Ekholm. Advantage: LA

LA added a top line winger (Fiala), Edmonton's forward depth is slightly improved. Advantage: Even

Edmonton has a legit starting goalie (Skinner). I doubt either of LA's goalies (Korpisalo or Copley) can match what Quick did last year. Advantage: Edmonton

My head says Oilers in 7 (barf), my heart says Kings in 7.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
With the Lakers and Clippers making the playoffs as well as the Kings, crypto arena's ice is going to be absolute ass.

Top that off with the King's suffocating style and ugh. Don't love this matchup

Reactions: Porkleaker

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I wanted it. Been wanting the oilers to put skate blade to the throats of kings fans all season
XWwIzh5GIWWf6.gif

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Last year was a close 7 game series and the Kings didn't have their best skater (Doughty).

This year LA has a healthy Doughty, Edmonton added Ekholm. Advantage: LA

LA added a top line winger (Fiala), Edmonton's forward depth is slightly improved. Advantage: Even

Edmonton has a legit starting goalie (Skinner). I doubt either of LA's goalies (Korpisalo or Copley) can match what Quick did last year. Advantage: Edmonton

My head says Oilers in 7 (barf), my heart says Kings in 7.
Edmonton's forward depth is significantly improved over last season, imo. They have 4 actual NHL lines instead of their usual 1.5. Actual depth players on the roster for the first time since drafting McDavid. Main weaknesses up front are Yamamoto and Kane still not being 100%.

Defensively also improved over last year just by virtue of Nurse being healthy and Keith/Russell no longer being in the league. Cody Ceci being in the top 4 is still a problem but overall better.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Kings go into prevent mode against the Oilers. Not the most thrilling games to watch.

Kings need Fiala and Gabe back and healthy if they want a true chance.

Special teams likely dictate the series.

Smith let him some weak ones last year. Skinner isn’t gonna do that.

Anything can happen but I think the Oilers are an obvious favorite.
Yea, nice try. We aren't falling for that reverse voodoo shit

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Expect this to be a hard fought, low event series.

Two teams do not like each other… and if I recall correctly, neither do the HF fan bases. :naughty:

Let’s go Oil! Oilers in six.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Here's something shocking. Not a damn thing we post here will move even a single molecule in any of the games and change the outcome.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Just so non-Oiler / non-LA fans can draw their own conclusions.
I see why there's an argument it wasn't a slewfoot, but damn that's close.

Video fact: the whistle went after McDavid dug at Quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad