Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Since February 1st, the top five teams in the league were Boston, Vegas, Edmonton, Colorado, and Los Angeles. This should be a good rematch between two teams that already don't like each other. For LA, it really depends on whether or not Fiala is healthy.

With that said, LA's last postseason series win was against New York in 2014 to win the Stanley Cup, so I'm not particularly hopeful.
Trade deadline (March 3rd) imo is generally a better indicator of how teams are playing heading into the playoffs because their rosters are set (aside from injuries). Its going to be a good series, but LA has definitely cooled off since the deadline. If they get Fiala and Vilardi back it will be a big boost for them.

Standings since the trade deadline: NHL Stats

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Will say Oilers in 6 partially because last time I voted that way we won but regardless the last two games while victories were close. Plus still have yet to win a game 1 playoff game in the McD era.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
There definitely was, but don't worry Nuge will take care of it. The man can't even out wrestle our little boy Nuge.

Mikey with a bod slam then DDT lol. I think he went behind and slewfoot and injured Drai later on in this game

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Mikey with a bod slam then DDT lol. I think he went behind and slewfoot and injured Drai later on in this game
He literally turtled the second Nuge started engaging in the wrestling match. Its ok to admit Nuge is tougher than Mikey Anderson and would absolutely throttle him in a fight. Wonder if he enjoyed Nuge mounting him like one of his race horses.

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Kings are on a big hot streak too.

Their 2 losses were both to Edmonton I believe.
Yeah big streak 5-5 last 10 games. They have had a butter soft schedule the last three months.

The last non wildcard teams they have beat have been Col March 9th and Edm Jan 9th.

Seriously every playoff team they have beaten in the last 3 months have been Col/Edm and the following wildcard teams Jets2x/Kraken/Panthers/Islanders

They are pretenders.

• Haha
Reactions: LiveLaughDucks

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Intriguing series. LA is better than last season, but so are the Oilers. I see the Oilers as a threat to win the West (if goaltending is consistently good enough), so I see them advancing.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Kings go into prevent mode against the Oilers. Not the most thrilling games to watch.

Kings need Fiala and Gabe back and healthy if they want a true chance.

Special teams likely dictate the series.

Smith let him some weak ones last year. Skinner isn’t gonna do that.

Anything can happen but I think the Oilers are an obvious favorite.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Hopefully the Oilers can get through the series this year without anybody getting slewfooted after the whistle. If nothing else at least I won't have to watch Duncan Keith feeding the Kings pucks this time.
Nobody was "slewfooted" last year.

Reactions: Nasti

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
What was his injury. Knee?
The ever so mysterious "lower body." But I think it was the knee. He tweaked it on a nothing play along the boards and essentially hasn't played since. I thought I heard he was skating with Vilardi, but I haven't seen confirmation and he wasn't on the ice yesterday when Vilardi was. Vilardi is expected back for game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad