Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Injuries will dictate this series, much like last year LA is going in with some key players hurt
Again with excuses starting before the puck is even dropped? Are you gonna blame every series the oilers possibly win on the opposing players injuries??

You know to bad your such a troll towards edmonton. You actually seem to have pretty good knowledge about the game unlike most

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Fiala is a big loss for the Kings.

I'd love for the Kings to send Oilers golfing and McDavid one step closer to signing in Toronto, but back here in reality I don't see it. Edmonton - more specifically Connor - has that look to me like they're (he's) ready to end Canada's cup drought.

Oilers in 5.

Reactions: djbard99

djbard99

Feb 11, 2023
Oilers are in beast mode. I can see LA taking one game or two if lucky but oilers are just bigger and faster. Oilers in 5.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
If you’re getting bullied by the Oilers that’s grounds for immediate contraction.

The Oilers are actually a pretty tough team tbh.

Not many teams have guys that can match with just one of Desharnais (avg 16:33 toi/gp), Nurse (avg 23:30 toi/gp), Kane(avg 18:42toi/gp), or Kostin (avg 10:04 toi/gp).

And one of them are basically always on the ice. Nurse and Desharnais play on different pairings, heading literally 40 minutes a night one of those guys is on the ice. The remaining 20 minutes, assuming lines evenly rotated between defense / forwards means 50% chance that one of Kane or Kostin is on the ice. Meaning Oilers likely have the toughest guy on the ice for 50 minutes every night.

Other guys aren't really slouches either. Hyman, Ekholm, Ceci, Bjugstad, Kulak, etc.

Would also note that trying to make the game a street fight with Edmonton, even if you think you'd win (which I don't think the Kings would), you're risking putting the best PP in the history of the NHL on the ice.

Reactions: CaptainCaveman

djbard99

Feb 11, 2023
Fiala is a big loss for the Kings.

I'd love for the Kings to send Oilers golfing and McDavid one step closer to signing in Toronto, but back here in reality I don't see it. Edmonton - more specifically Connor - has that look to me like they're (he's) ready to end Canada's cup drought.

Oilers in 5.
I’m an oiler fan and this is my biggest reason. He’s finally BEING a captain. Late bloomer on leadership but it should take us far.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I really get a kick out of Oilers fans claiming Anderson slew footed Draisaitl.

Do you notice that it’s only Edmonton fans saying this? …because it’s obvious they have no idea what an actual slew foot is and/or they are just too upset Draisaitl was wrestled down in a scrum because McDavid was taking extra jabs at the goalie after the whistle had gone.

I get it, he’s your 2nd best player but no need to bend the rules fit your narrative.

Doughty was taken out with a knee-on-knee play by Hakanpaa last year. He wasn’t even penalized (or suspended) as I recall but I’m not gonna cry about it for years. Or Fiala’s knee-on-knee with Cogliano this year. Same thing.

It’s like Edmonton fans need to whine about something, anything until they get on a PP but even then they’ll keep crying well after the game.

So go ahead Edmonton fans, post the alleged slew foot video alongside an actual slew foot by Cooke.

You're right, Oilers fans must be making things up.

Bonus clip:

What is the complaint here? McDavid took an unnecessary swipe at the goalie, minor shoving. Nothing to see there?

There was no whistle.

And the complaint is he injured his leg with an unnecessary wrestling move.

Say what you want about McDavid's boarding, but atleast that's a hockey play.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Again with excuses starting before the puck is even dropped? Are you gonna blame every series the oilers possibly win on the opposing players injuries??

You know to bad your such a troll towards edmonton. You actually seem to have pretty good knowledge about the game unlike most
Not sure you understand the difference between stating facts and trolling. LA potentially going into the playoffs without a fully healthy squad isn’t an excuse, it’s facts.

It’s not trolling to say a teams injuries are going to play a huge factor in a series.

Reactions: LAKings88

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Not sure you understand the difference between stating facts and trolling. LA potentially going into the playoffs without a fully healthy squad isn’t an excuse, it’s facts.

It’s not trolling to say a teams injuries are going to play a huge factor in a series.
LA has been playing atrocious the last couple months let's be honest. Amd if it wasn't for copley play this season they might not of even made the playoffs

They struggled with the ducks yesterday even after having 8 facking PPs vs the 2 against the ducks

I'm happy playing the kings, I didn't want anything to do with the Jets, more specifically facking helleybuck. the Jets will beat vegas

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
LA has been playing atrocious the last couple months let's be honest. Amd if it wasn't for copley play this season they might not of even made the playoffs

They struggled with the ducks yesterday even after having 8 facking PPs vs the 2 against the ducks

I'm happy playing the kings, I didn't want anything to do with the Jets, more specifically facking helleybuck. the Jets will beat vegas

The last couple.......months.... ? I thought I had severe lack of judgement with time issues, I think you might be worse bud

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

They’ve also been dealing with significant injuries the last couple months. They also haven’t been atrocious but they have declined a bit due to it

Reactions: fsanford

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Oilers sweep. Kings are a solid team but i don't see them as a tough matchup for Edmonton despite what many are saying.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Kings in 7. One of the few upsets in round one.

Oilers are just not a complete enough team, and they rely too heavily on the PP. The playoff refs won't give out as many PP opportunities, and a vet team like LA knows how to limit their hooks and holds when it counts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad