Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers defeat the Dallas Stars, 4-2, advance to SCF

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If you bought into any narratives about this series before it started from TNT panel or ESPN panel. Stop doing that, they don’t know shit.

Bissonette and Subban especially. They don’t even watch Oilers games, they know nothing and talk out of their ass.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
That’s heartbreaking… honestly. He’s had a great career and got better as he aged and slowed IMO

Just a dominant performance from Dallas in that game, but it doesn't matter. Special teams are the reason they're out. Brutal

Best of luck though, Oilers. Wouldn't mind seeing McDavid get a Cup. Florida is a very different team than Dallas, but not sure what to expect.
Thanks @kcb. This was a fun series… much respect to the stars and their fans

Reactions: Kcb12345

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
What a great series.

Ironically, game 6 was the first game of this series where I was worried about the overall outcome as an oilers fan. Not that I always thought we would win, but thought we were in every game beforehand and it was the first time we got dominated. We've been on the other end of that so nice to see us hold on.

Dallas had the toughest road these playoffs and I think their vets (outside of Benn) really hurt them this series. Lots of the games were coinflips that could have gone either way and stu played great these last 4 games. That Benn,

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
No way. If they did, they would be going to the SCF
Deserve...desshmerve.. nonsense
Win or go home

I mean the Stars absolutely dominated.

What caused the Oiilers to breakthrough was their elite gamebreaker. Not the team.
2 goals on the first 3 shots? Otter had almost no chance on them.

And what caused the Stars to lose, was a lack of any kind of game-breaker, but as a team they thoroughly dominated.

1717391374201.png

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Good game, good series. Dallas unlucky to force a game 7 but thats why these games are played

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
If you bought into any narratives about this series before it started from TNT panel or ESPN panel. Stop doing that, they don’t know shit.

Bissonette and Subban especially. They don’t even watch Oilers games, they know nothing and talk out of their ass.
Subban especially. Stupid piece of shit lmao

As an outside fan I personally found the Oilers/Stars series not nearly as exciting as the Canucks series.
No animosity against the Stars. Fans or players.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
10 shots on goal in a game 6 victory is ridiculous. I think I've never seen that.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Not gonna lie.

Dallas kinda did deserve to win that one.
Teams have been beating the Oilers with just enough effort to win for years. Get up early, keep shots to the outside, then pressure later if the score gets close again. I would say it's not a sustainable way to win, but Dallas was given a hundred chances to score a second goal and didn't.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I mean the Stars absolutely dominated.

What caused the Oiilers to breakthrough was their elite gamebreaker. Not the team.
2 goals on the first 3 shots? Otter had almost no chance on them.

And what caused the Stars to lose, was a lack of any kind of game-breaker, but as a team they thoroughly dominated.

View attachment 879012

So, you are saying in greater detail what I am saying. Which is that the Stars, with all those wonderful stats and graphs, could not overcome the Oilers.
The game isn't won by those wonderful things if those wonderful things don't lead to goals that beat the other team.
I laugh so hard at the Deserve To Win O'Meter.

It is so ridiculous to discount the gamebreaker, and throw it away as a fluke. A gamebreaker has more impact than a whole lot of reliable grinding and adhering to proper system hockey, if all that much-admired work doesn't result in more goals, which is all that matters. That's why it's called a gamebreaker.

Edit: I'm just so against the word "deserved" for any team, person, entity, etc. that competes in a fair contest and loses. Good showing, but you deserve nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerberos

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Many saw Oilers not getting last LA and their trap, then they didn't see the go past Vancouver ... and then no one saw them getting past Dallas..

It's ok... next series is a brand new sheet..
Oilers will be fine as long as that team also has ex-Flames

I don't think any sane person picked LA over Edmonton this year lol.

Reactions: Macheteops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad