Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers defeat the Dallas Stars, 4-2, advance to SCF

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Who cares? they still lost. losing in game in 7 is no different than getting swept...it's still a loss. This constant whining from Canucks fans all over this board about woulda, shoulda, coulda is pretty embarrassing. The handful of you Canucks fans that just can't let this go and are somehow trying to equate losing in 7 to Edmonton when the Oilers beat Dallas is 6 is wrong. It is a false equivalency.

You say if the Canucks had Demko and Boeser this would've been a different series, ok. but if the Oilers weren't decimated by the flu going through the team the Oilers woulda won in 4., see how that works.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda, means jack shit, it's outcomes that matter, and the outcome was the Canucks LOST, deal with it and move on.
Vancouver made it close b/c Skinner shit the bed a few times. I love how I keep seeing this narrative. Also ignoring no Henrique (who was playing with McDavid prior), Drai with a busted finger, McDavid and Ekholm sick as dogs. Plus, as I said, Skinner not being sharp in game 1 and another game.

It's like Vancouver fans think they are the only ones allowed to make excuses. Series should have been done in 5 IMO. EDM controlled most of it. Silovs was brilliant, despite his numbers. You go watch those NHL mini movies on Youtube on this series and that guy makes so many unbelievable stops.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Everyone thought the Stars were going to run over whoever made it out of the Oilers vs Canucks series. Oilers got no respect, the NHL just changed their Finals Matchup Comparison after this blooper lol

IMG_5983.jpeg

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Everyone thought the Stars were going to run over whoever made it out of the Oilers vs Canucks series. Oilers got no respect, the NHL just changed their Finals Matchup Comparison after this blooper lol

View attachment 879998
LOL Bettman still in denial, I see.

Oilers don't have a shot, IMO. But as taboo as it is I am hoping for them to go all the way. We need to break this drought and it can bring confidence to the other Canadian teams that if the Oilers can do it in 2024, so can they.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Oilers don't have a shot, IMO. But as taboo as it is I am hoping for them to go all the way. We need to break this drought and it can bring confidence to the other Canadian teams that if the Oilers can do it in 2024, so can they.

C'mon now, Canadian teams shouldn't need a "confidence boost", they just need to be better.

Been quite a drought, for sure, but even if the Oilers pull this off I think it'd be too optimistic to expect an immediate surge of other Canadian cup winners. :laugh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yes. Cheer for the Oilers. It's the ONLY way a Cup will ever grace Canadian Soil again. Now and in the future, HOCKEY IN CANADA is at STAKE.

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Oh? Gave away John Marino for almost nothing. Got Mike Green who, uh, played 2 games. Gave up premium price for Athanasiou who did, uh... ? 2 points I guess. Traded for Kulikov for... 2 points, I guess. Traded for Duncan Keith? Whoa...

For Kulak gave the pick with which Habs picked Lane Hutson, who's looking pretty good... Traded for Brassard who... ? The trade for Ekholm was good, true.

Traded first, conditional 4th, conditional 4th for Carrick and Henrique. Traded fourth for Stecher. Then the Nurse signing...

Dunno, I only see one obviously good move with the Ekholm trade. A couple others might be lateral, and the rest are losses to me.
Zach H. says hello.

Reactions: voxel

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
C'mon now, Canadian teams shouldn't need a "confidence boost", they just need to be better.

Been quite a drought, for sure, but even if the Oilers pull this off I think it'd be too optimistic to expect an immediate surge of other Canadian cup winners. :laugh:
Not saying it should either, nor that it will open the flood gates to another 80's era of 8 consecutive Canadian cup winners. But at this point, any little bit helps. Just putting in my two cents, that's all.

Yes. Cheer for the Oilers. It's the ONLY way a Cup will ever grace Canadian Soil again. Now and in the future, HOCKEY IN CANADA is at STAKE.
Never said that.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I shouldn’t be surprised that a thread that is about the WCF and how the Oilers beat the Stars has turned into a “how can I make this about the Leafs?” style thread that we see over and over, yet here we are.

This was a great series for the Oilers to win against the Stars and make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Why are leaf fans talking about a Nyquil sport like baseball or soft as charming 3 point competition basketball with lafake James lol

We don't care that we don't have those. Basketball just turn on with 5 min left. Baseball is boring AF. I stopped watching basketball when Jordan left. Back when the league was tough. Not this break your nails garbage we have now. Oh and "load management because these wimps can't play every game"

Reactions: 5Hollywood5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad