Edmonton Oilers defeat the Dallas Stars, 4-2, advance to SCF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Dallas powerplay going completely cold is the story of the series, imo.
Does this put to bed the junk people say about how 5on5 wins cups? Oilers PK set an NHL post season record for consecutive kills and in the last two games they figured out how to get through Dallas PK to win both games.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I’m rooting for the oilers but it’s hard to see it as they haven’t earned some bad karma for this performance. It’s at least up there with an all time worst performance if the sog are anything to go off of with 17 being the 2nd worst record to clinch.

Congrats oilers fans hope they get it done
Yes but at the end of the day its still 1 game. Had they had this effort in game 1 and i stead won this game in game 4 or 5 fashion, that really wouldnt change anything, yet everyone on here seems to cling to the most recent game and deckare a team getting swept or overrated after each game, only to have to reverse course the next game.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
As it should be.

Now, as long as Florida wins it, the world will start trending in the correct direction.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
What a performance by the Oilers in the series. Pretty impressive considering the entire hf minus a small few thought they'd win the series. When many didn't even think they'd win a game, can't tag Divine, specifically because he's crying in his mom's basement and hid his profile. Guess his bet he took from me in the pre series thread didn't happen, haha.

Nice to see a Canadian team make it to the finals. Tough road to climb but it's not impossible!

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Oh it’s gotta be great in there right now.
I think the worse one I’ve seen is a comment about no one cares about hockey in June except for idiots in Edmonton…

I feel bad for them. I don’t love the Oilers, but I’m not going to let it get in the way of watching something amazing happening.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG and Coffey

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
After you get eliminated it's always "fun" to look back at key moments.

Game 1 - Robertson hits the post in OT twice on the PP. Makes you wonder, if one of those goes in, does the Stars PP snap out of their funk? That was the best looking powerplay they had all series

Game 3 - Oilers blow 2 goal lead. Stars top end talent makes their only impact on this series

Game 4 - Stars quickly blow 2 goal lead that if held onto wouldve put them up 3-1 in the series. Game tied 2-2 late in the 2nd, Stars get a powerplay and give up a shorthanded goal, which would stand as the game-winner.

Game 5 - Stars generate nothing on Skinner, who looked a little shaky out there. Edmonton cashes in on their powerplays, Dallas doesn't. Oilers dominate

Game 6 - Stars dominate and generate a ton, but Skinner is on his game. Edmonton cashes in on their powerplays, and Dallas doesn't.

Too many passengers on this Dallas team in this series.

Yeah Stars powerplay killed them and the game one double minor was a must score, fairly even game, the McDavid miss, and that gift in OT.

They looked worn down by Edmonton in games 4 and 5, and the effort in this game was just too little too late, need to leave youself some breathing room for the cases you lose despite dominating.

Super even series, powerplay was the huge difference. Stars could also get a bit tougher and younger.

Oilers PK is amazing, but no goals is just bad

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nothing but respect for Dallas. That was a whale of a game they played.

Honestly wasn't a big believer in them until they blew the Avs out of the water. They'll be back.

Reactions: Porkleaker

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Tired of the HFboard homer nonsense that VGK/Av/Stars would completely annihilate and dominate the west. So much fetishizing over vastly overrated teams (and players).

Don't get me wrong, all three of those teams are absolute titans, but not so far ahead of everyone else that they are untouchable.

I do think the Panthers have a very slight edge vs the Oilers (far more of a supposed edge that Dallas had, which was frankly none), from the start I thought they were the most dangerous team in the Playoffs. The obvious and true final boss for the western teams was Florida or New York.

But huge eyeroll at everyone thinking no one stood a chance against the Vegas Avalanche Stars triumvirate. Especially against a team that has obviously one, if not easily two, of the best forwards playing the game.

zar

Bleed Blue
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Huge! Big win for this team!

Celebrate tonight boys! Then onto the 3rd season… The Stanley Cup Finals!

The Florida Panthers are such a good team… but so are the Edmonton Oilers. Should be an amazing series.

All of those people laughing at the Oilers early season struggles and Draisaitl’s “Cup or Bust” comment should be eating some crow right about now. Win or lose, this team has showed up!

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What a series. Two completely different teams but both dominant in their own way.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Two PP goals by the greasers.and that was the difference, gee im completely shocked. Never seen this before.
Did the PP defend 30+ shots too?

What a performance by the Oilers in the series. Pretty impressive considering the entire hf minus a small few thought they'd win the series. When many didn't even think they'd win a game, can't tag Divine, specifically because he's crying in his mom's basement and hid his profile. Guess his bet he took from me in the pre series thread didn't happen, haha.

Nice to see a Canadian team make it to the finals. Tough road to climb but it's not impossible!
Lol. And yeh HF boards predictions in shambles yet again.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
DeBoer gonna drop more F bombs tonight or will media take it easy on him due to shot differential
I hope so! That’s was hilarious.

Also, knew the series was over when Deboer lost his cool.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Very happy to get the win but it was a lucky one. This felt a lot like last year where the Oilers outplayed the Knights in game 6 and got goalied. I know teams can play better when desparate but I do think the Stars made a mistake with that just flip it out to center ice and hope for a bounce strategy. They looked so much better when actually breaking out with possession today.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Dallas was better last year when they had the arguable best line in the league instead of Pavelski being washed and Hintz injured

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad