Edmonton Oilers defeat the Dallas Stars, 4-2, advance to SCF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Crazy, didn't think I'd see the Oilers ever go back, even with McDrai. GG Stars.

Hopefully we get written off again in the finals, teams seems to do just well when everyone says they're just there to get swept.

Reactions: Crabapple

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Go Florida
My guy i can't respond to my bookmarked thread. But I just wanted to make sure to remind you like you asked that Dallas in 5

I'm sure it's not easy right now. Not sire how old you are but consider it payback from the late 90s. Modano and the boys owned us then

Reactions: Dan Kelly

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Feels good. Revenge for 03. Maybe a bit sweeter because we’re playing for the cup.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Dallas Stars fans - Your team is sick, amazing depth, goalie is fantastic, I'd trade my first born son for Jason Robertson in a second. Great series, if it wasn't us I was going to be pulling for you. Same place, same time next year.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
20+ years since the Dallas Stars routinely took out the Oilers in the playoffs with a Salary Cap TRIPLE what the Oilers could afford.

This is why WE’VE always DESERVED this. The first FAIR shot we got against these Stars in the playoffs.

Revenge finally served.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
As much as it pains me to say it, congrats Oilers. It is so frustrating, as a Canucks fan, to know how close we could have been with a healthy Demko and a #1C who didn't decide that a boo boo on his knee was enough to tank the season. Maybe things could have been different. But I'm happy to see a Canadian team go to the Finals again.
Only team to go 7 with them, so it gives you hope that maybe the Canucks are close and will take things further next year with hopefully a healthy line-up.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I felt that last year with Vegas. So many bounces that went wrong...the whole Petrangelo situation...Nurse getting a suspension for a fight. Its insane how much has to go right to make it in this league. Bright times ahead for the Canucks though.

Every fanbase has those moments. 2003 for Canucks fans, I'm sure 2006 & Roloson going down G1 for Oilers fans, and last year aswell as you say.

West was pretty open this year so it might be another one for us, but full credit to EDM they've earned the trip to the final. When 2 of 3 opponents can't score a PP goal against you in the series.... that's pretty remarkable, then you add the GOAT powerplay.

Really interested to see how this final plays out, I have no idea what to expect. FLA will be their toughest test but Oilers have responded anytime they've been doubted these playoffs.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I think Edmonton should have touched the Campbell Bowl. They already have the curse of Corey Perry to deal with. I think when you have double jinx they cancel each other out.
We have the canadian curse already....having 3 would reinstate a curse.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Only team to go 7 with them, so it gives you hope that maybe the Canucks are close and will take things further next year with hopefully a healthy line-up.
Yeah, it would be nice to see a rematch next year with both teams healthy. This year both teams had key players out or played banged up.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
That was the most stressful game I have ever watched. Skinner played amazing… what a goal by McDavid to start things off

Dallas played really well and probably deserved a game 7 but Stu held us in there

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
The Stars played a great series and even better Game 6.

But in the end it was the Oilers superior DEPTH and Goaltending that won this series.
Easy the best game of the series by Dallas. Controlled the play for over 40 minutes. Edmonton sat on that lead no doubt
But surprisingly kept the high danger chances to a minimum stilll

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Dont overreact to 1 game. Oilers were outshooting their opponents in the majority of their games. This just was 1 off game even though its the most recent one. Its not like this has been their pattern.
I’m rooting for the oilers but it’s hard to see it as they haven’t earned some bad karma for this performance. It’s at least up there with an all time worst performance if the sog are anything to go off of with 17 being the 2nd worst record to clinch.

Congrats oilers fans hope they get it done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad